The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, TheQ said:

No, but it explains why some sockets were unusable due to noise, more worryingly all sockets in a lab are supposed to be one phase... These weren't, even though they were labelled as such.. Very dangerous...

I agree, potentially lethal!

• Like 7
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

Currently sat in the kitchen with muggertea No2 having completed most of the tasks I’d listed earlier;

new light bulb in kitchen fitted - check

change water jug filter - check

clean dishwasher filter - check

clean washing machine filter - check

I’ve also cleaned out the washing machine dispenser and door seal

power up and test new cellar sockets - check

I just need to fit the wall brackets for the shelving and paint the underneath of the stairs. I think it would be a good idea to drill before I paint.

• Like 10
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Muggertea being consumed. Ironing has been completed with several halts to help the builder.  My main rask was holding ends of tape measures while he marked out. He's noe digging foundation trenches.  He's finding it gatd work as he has hit buried reinforced concrete beams. We can only presume that there may have been some sort of agricultural building there before the house was built.  

Jamie

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Bright and sunny this morning but rather chilly as expected for this time of year.

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

This mornings post seems to have gone astray, there must be someone looking at another thread somewhere  very confused with my posting.

Try looking in the Driving Standards thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

bright and sunny here 

Spent another couple of hours printing all this legal stuff, more expense boiler and electrics in the flat will have to be safety checked before I move in if there are issues they can be charged back to the seller.

I must find a broadband supplier, draw up a list of what to do and when that's getting longer by the day still it keeps me busy.

Tomorrow is a birthday lunch with a new lady and a dinner later on with my eldest daughter.

I must get on got a rather large puppy to walk later.  better get on :superman: I.M Beintowed  :biggrin_mini2:

IMG-20190913-WA0001.jpeg.2f200aa4789c74ca606d496c99842a6f.jpegIMG_20190723_115940714.jpg.1f83bb6213085f9e1b8a05d07e76e131.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

Watch out for icebergs !!

We are crossing on the more northerly summer route but the Captain said we wouldn’t see any ice! On the way over we diverted south to the winter route not because of icebergs but storms. Our captain likes to tell us why we are where we are. 

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I carry an organ donor card and if they find anything that isn't completely knackered worn out they're welcome to it. Made another try at sorting out the modelling room this afternoon, despite my efforts it still looks just the same. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 11

Evening all, visitor has departed and a lot of the "G" word has been partaken, two of the disease ridden apple trees have been felled and the wood is now on the village bonfire wood heap, one more to go, then the joy of trying to get the roots out and putting a wildlife pond in instead. A small amount of muddling took place, but I have run out of grass, so now waiting for the postie to deliver. I keep bidding for a small video camera on Ebay and keep getting out bid, apparently I'm a tight old git and should bid more, now where's the fun in that?

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Good evening fellow ER’s and another round of good wishes are offered. 

Today has has been a very hectic day. After taking Amber to school, I had to drop Sarah into Derby City Centre en-route to Matlock Bath. Unfortunately my route out was very busy due to an accident that closed one of the key roads from the city whilst emergency service dealt with an overturned vehicle. Fortunately it sounds like no one was seriously injured. 

The delays resulted in me arriving at just about opening time and I was still setting up as the first customer walked in. Thankfully he was not put off by my hectic moving of display baskets and signs. I was so glad about that considering the bags full of stuff he departed with. This is a gentleman who first appeared on a Monday morning a few weeks ago, ignoring the closed sign on the door and walking in as I was busy restocking the shelves after a weekend show. He spent well then and has become a good customer, I am so glad I did not turn him away.

The late start meant that I never felt like I truly caught up all day. The marking was heavy going too with less achieved than I would like.

In the evening there was a meeting at the local community centre to attend. Considering I have ended up as chair of the committee, I could not back out. The centre is due to open soon and is a nice building. The main hall is a decent size - maybe even big enough for a small model event in years to come. That one can wait for now though.

Best wishes

Andy

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Once the sun came out this morning the rest of the day’s weather has been glorious, wall to wall sunshine with very little wind, but I didn’t see much of it this morning. However, having spent the morning in the cellar, I got plenty done, everything I’d planned to do has been completed. After dinner I even found time to get to the big orange DIY shed and buy myself a new sheet sander. The one I already have, is one I inherited from my grandad, just after he died just over 34 years ago, so I’ve had my (well his actually) money’s worth so to speak. Whilst I was there I also bought a roll cork underlay, this is 2mm thick, 1m wide and 10m long (10 sq m). The leftover bits and off cuts may well find another use! In the clearance section were a number of off cuts of 2” x 3” timber, I bought 4 pieces, each one over 4’ long and got the lot for £1.00! These will eventually form the frame for a large pull out drawer that will fit under the cellar stairs. 

This evening I once again went to Salford Quays for a swim, the water temperature, although still cool, felt a little warmer than last week, but it’s still just hovering around 17C. But with little or no wind the water was once agin quite calm. I managed to sort out my goggles, by applying some anti mist solution and so I was able to see where I was going tonight. Tonight I managed a mile in 33 minutes, but it’s now starting to get dark as I get out of the water and I suspect that the season will draw to a close in the next few weeks or so. I was late getting into the water tonight due to a very heavy pedestrian presence around Old Trafford. However, once home and my bag had been unpacked, I poured myself a bottle of Doombar. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

I forgot to mention, whilst driving past Old Trafford, I was driving through a pelican crossing (I had right of way) when a bloke wandered out into the road whilst gazing longingly into his LIFESUPPORT SYSTEM mobile phone and completely oblivious to the fact I was there and he shouldn’t have been! Until, that is I WOKE HIM UP alerted him with a blast of the horn, he didn’t half jump!

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 12

Cleared out a lot of old/broken/no longer used stuff today and took it to the local "garbage transfer station" (i.e. dump). It's a while since we'd been there, and the place was definitely showing signs of the rapidly growing population in the area.

Stuff is dumped in a huge shed, then big front-end loaders put it into a compactor, and the compacted bales are trucked away to a landfill site. The piles inside the shed are continually being tidied up by being pushed back and piled up by these loaders. 

We had to wait much longer in the lineup to unload than we've ever had to before - on a Thursday afternoon! And the garbage piles were spilling out of the shed despite the efforts of loaders, which I've never seen before. More people, more garbage.

Then we went to the blue and yellow Swedish store to buy some new stuff, though not nearly as much as we'd thrown out.

Reminded me of one of George Carlin's monologues: https://youtu.be/MvgN5gCuLac

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14