The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Made a start on tidying up the tip modelling room, problem is theres a lot of 'I'd forgotten I had that' about. After all you have to check that everything is still in working order don't you?:senile::locomotive: Tea requires making so its be back later.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

A’noon all. Well, what else can I say, except that we’re still busy? :jester: Old flat has been tidied up for the moment, though of course we may have to do a bit of a repeat once the paint job has been completed.

Cloudy outside now and FiL has announced he’s going to cook dinner tonight. Fish with a mustard and dill sauce and mash, I gather.

Later... :bye_mini:

• Like 19

Afternoon all from the boring borough. No POE today but finally finished for the week. BBQ fired up for fajitas tonight. Pink elephants in the fridge for a post week drink or 6. 

Enjoy your weekend. To those exhibiting, hope everything goes well with no unexpected excitement. 

Bill, Chris, may I recommend BRLO in Berlin as a stop for really good fermented grains. The garden and outdoor serving shack are open in the day but the main taproom opens at 5. 2 min walk from U Gleisdreieck. 

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All 

just about to post this morning and the slapped #rse came into the cave and started with the verbal's from them till now I've been waylaid,

I soon went out to walk the dog he was knackered after 2 hours anything to stay out of the house away from that ###.

Went back to give the dog his dinner later on then spent some time tracking a new barrel for the front door as slapped isn't normal she has to slammed

it that hard it's now got a large crack around it and bent the door mechanism what an idiotic woman she is.

Woking Show tomorrow plenty of #iss taking and mirth should liven the day up join us if you can find us.

Must get on. :superman:B Woodhouse :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening again from Estuary-Land. Belated birthday wishes to Beth. Just watched TGMRC to my mind the challenges are a bit too contrived but I think the team that were not modellers done very well but their inexperience showed. Tea to be poured so its be back later.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

After a very pleasant day out at Lunenburg we are sitting on our balcony looking at HMS Queen Elizabeth. Our ship has a big sign designating a 50 metre security zone. The carrier seems to deter craft getting too close with a couple of boats that shepherd them away. 

The QE is shorter and slower than the QM2 but there isn't space for a helicopter to land on our ship. 

Barry. I noticed you hadn't had Sky for a few days and had missed cricket. Does your package include Sky Go.  That lets you watch on a tablet or laptop. 

Off to New York next. Arrive Sunday morning. 

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

15 hours ago, chrisf said:

Good morning one and all

There is a meeting of the LGBT group this afternoon in a coffee bar in the High Street.  I hope that some of the admins will be there as there is a burning question for them to answer.  What sort of time is 10 am to meet for breakfast?  It is a nice idea to put the world to rights over a full English but waiting until nearly lunchtime most certainly is not.  One of the meetings is due to take place on Saturday 5th October.  A 10 am breakfast that day will immediately precede opening time at the beer festival!  I suppose if I say anything I will be accused of being picky.   So I'm picky.  Get over it.

With a week to go before my short break with Bill in Prague and Berlin I need to round up the contents of my overnight bag and a few accessories such as luggage labels.   If there is such a thing as a Lonely Planet guide to Prague and/or the Czech Republic, that would be a good thing to have too since I am starting from a zero knowledge base.  Voyage of discovery?  Look no further.   Now maybe I am tempting providence but ahead of the undoubted success of what I call Prague Plus I have been toying with other ideas for a short break by rail.  That wonderful website "The man in seat 61" is an endless source of ideas.  Already my mind has wandered to a more interesting route in or out of Switzerland than the default setting of a night in Cologne and yet another trip along the Rhine Valley, which can become very boring very quickly.  I have the ability to plan my own route and have done so in the past.  When the time came, in May, to book up this year I was still recovering from the virus infection that I brought back from New Zealand.  Not only was I not up to the task of planning my own route but I reacted with less than gratitude when JohnDMJ offered a helping hand.  Anyway, if and when I have the cash I am torn between Oslo and Gibraltar for future short break destinations.  Inspired by Harry's forthcoming holiday I did look at Athens but it takes three days to get there!

This morning I need to do a quick fodder run, for I am down to my last mushroom.  Fear not, I need other stuff as well.

Best wishes to all

Chris

I found the Man in Seat 61 useful when I was planning our Canadian trip a few years ago - if only to give me ideas of what to aim for in terms of observation car access and the like. 

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening Awl

Just back from the MRC.. 

This Q will Be putting in a small order for things to do with my poor attempt at GMRC,  last weeks work was a partial failure  once it had set.  More sanding chiselling,  and filling so no electric grass music this week. 

Clear skies,  but horizontal clouds on the way back, fist and mog across the marshes.. 

Brownie points collection tomorrow,  forced ventilation for the art area of the shed.. 

Time to drink my choccy.. 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

First of all thanks for all the good wishes for Beth.  We have had a good day.  There seems to be a theme to thenprsents that the good lady has received, gin and chocolate.  4 bottles of the former so far.  This evening we had a very pkeasant hour and a half sitting outside and wztchi g the sunset.  3 cars went past in that time then a bit later a combine.   Whilst we were out we disposed of one of the bottles of bubbly that we got for our ruby wedding earlier this year.  Not a bad day all told. I even went out to look round a museum thus afternoon.   No They did not try to put me on shiw as an exhibit but there was a very nice 7.25" gauge model of a Crampton loco. Apparently M. Cail, who came from the town, was the licensee of Cramptons patents in France.

Jamie

• Like 19

Greetings from the Fold in the Hill where it was sunny. Busy few days at work means there has not been a chance to properly read through but best wishes to all. 

The rioja is slipping down nicely and New Model Army’s latest album is playing. 

The weekend end doesn’t promise too much but we have an exploratory trip down to a residential activity centre that Younger Lurker is going to with school. He doesn’t want to stay but Mrs Lurker will take him on some of the days so wants to know where it is etc. 

Have a a good evening and weekend 

Edit; and belated congratulations to Beth 

Edited by The Lurker
  • Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7