The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

2 hours ago, chrisf said:

With a week to go before my short break with Bill in Prague and Berlin I need to round up the contents of my overnight bag and a few accessories such as luggage labels.   If there is such a thing as a Lonely Planet guide to Prague and/or the Czech Republic, that would be a good thing to have too since I am starting from a zero knowledge base.  Voyage of discovery?  Look no further.   Chris

Chris, My Prague guide is 1999, so is relatively up to date other than prices and tram routes, which appear to be comprehensively renumbered since my last visit.  My Berlin guide is 1998, so is out of date, but are our plans to explore the transport system? I can pack my S-Bahn and U-Bahn monographs.  Bill

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

18 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Mornid. god a blocked dose for some reason. Don't feel like I have a code, just....blocked.

Probably some of them dang alurgies. I was sneezing all summer but the rain seems to have washed the pollen out of the air now.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

16 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Chris, My Prague guide is 1999, so is relatively up to date other than prices and tram routes, which appear to be comprehensively renumbered since my last visit.  My Berlin guide is 1998, so is out of date, but are our plans to explore the transport system? I can pack my S-Bahn and U-Bahn monographs.  Bill

What better way is there to explore a city?   if you could bring your works of reference it will be much appreciated.

Chris

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 minutes ago, chrisf said:

What better way is there to explore a city?   if you could bring your works of reference it will be much appreciated.

Chris

They are even bilingual!  I also have Wien (S-Bahn, U-Bahn & Straßenbahn).  Hint?

Bill

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning,

GP visited and new (additional) pills prescribed, a further visit to see Dracula's daughters will be necessary after at least 28 days on them. Back home and breakfasted - none of this 10am cafe lifestyle for me you see. We didn't get to that pale green supermarket yesterday as we had visitors who stayed over 2 hours. That retail delight awaits for sometime today, as does taking SWMBO to a musculoskeletal clinic in Welwyn but I have to be here to receive the various foreignakkers required for our trip to Croatia next week when Postie shows.
Will Tigerburnie become TightLinesTurbot? I hope he does, it is a lovely eating fish that I have cooked a few times using a PadStein recipe involving straw potatoes, shallots, butter, a hint of vermouth and a little cream and chopped parsley. As for dim deer, I would agree with The Q. Most road-kill of that genre I see is Muntjak but they are less common than dead badgers, a creature it took a lot of patience and stalking to see when I was a child but now seems far more common. When it come to knees, bending of etc, I too have a knee brace but it is only a light/medium support with a few glass fibre support rods but it doesn't fit inside all my strides (and drainpipes were never my thing by the way) so I would certainly choose to wear it over the troos rather than improperly wear a men's skirt kilt. It will go under my golf trousers, which is the main reason I wear it at times.

Sympathies to our suffering members and to those who hoped that England's cricketers could show a bit more resilience, bonne annee to Jamie's Beth.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, TheQ said:

My brain kept going into different solutions for fitting them. One thing is certain there will have to be alterations to the bed which sits on the main trailer frame, as the bolts would be in the way. The other problem is going to be how to fit the mud guards.. The suspension units are heavy, once I've assembled the hubs, I'll take some measurements  to cut some cardboard  templates out to work out exactly where to fit the units.

Have you considered getting suitable threaded studs welded to your chassis?  Various people can do this using a capacitor discharge unit with studs available up to M12. This would leave the top of the chassis clear so no change to your decking arrangements.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and the sky is blue, with a number of white fluffy things dotted here and there. Breakfast has been consumed and my wetsuit is already out on the washing line drying in the already mentioned sunshine. Shortly I’ll be heading off to the Trafford Centre to collect a few items we cannot get or prefer to what is available locally. As is the norm, my return journey will be via the butchers where I’ll pick up the weekly meat rations and hopefully a pastie for dinner. 

No plans have yet been made for the afternoon, so one of feet up and reading and research is planned, but this may well change. Later we have James and Amelia coming round for tea.

Enjoy the day, back later. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

Morning, blue skies, nothing but blue skies, off fishing on Arbroath beach, might get a Turbot if I'm really lucky, have a nice dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Is there a model shop on Arbroath beach....?

https://www.hattons.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=434

Work to be worked....

Catch up later.

Cheers,

Mick

• Funny 19

• RMweb Premium

New sky dish and box fitted.  Client has gone off very happy, her indoors has gone volunteering...bit more hedge cut back.

Time for some muddling methinks.

Happy Birthday Beth!

Baz

• Like 16