The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

34 minutes ago, brianusa said:

I once had a OO layout like that!:mellow:

Brian.

I can assure you that anything that might be misconstrued as slightly naughty is purely accidental.

Edited by AndyID
typhoo
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lightengine said:

Strewth, no wonder Bahamas was hit bad!

I'm not quite sure I follow you. 

The infernal beast was stationary over some Bahamian islands, including Grand Bahama and Great Abaco, for the better part of 24 hours. Ultimately the center of the storm picked up speed to the staggering speed of 1mph. Having a category 5 hurricane and attendant storm surge for that long is inconceivable.  Much of the International airport at Freeport was underwater. Storm surge like this is very dramatic when contemplating the impact of rising sea levels.

Apparently it is now bowling along at 7mph. This is very unusual behaviour for a hurricane, but hurricanes are very unusual phenomena.

The extent of the damage and casualty toll will become more clear in the next few days. I suspect that what we see so far is only a glimpse.

• Like 3
  • Agree 10
  • Informative/Useful 3

29 minutes ago, Robert said:

That's some pretty good isolation routing there, Andy.

Thanks Robert,

Eagle for the layout then Carbide3D for the isolation milling.

It's been a little while since I did any PCB artwork. I had to use Circuitape then.

Andy

• Like 15

7 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

We've been discussing "Arrangements."

As is proper, sensible and necessary. I'm reading between the lines and hoping you find strength (unexpectedly) here.

12 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

<rant>

You can choose your friends, but you cannot choose your relatives - ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

</rant>

I do hope that any visits by relatives that Sandy in particular desires can take place without such aggravation.

• Like 2
  • Agree 15
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I'm not quite sure I follow you. 

Inches over? instead of the main part being UP in the sky?

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Inches over? instead of the main part being UP in the sky?

Ah thank you. 

I would say it's really not "up". It is everywhere below cloud tops, including the ocean water surging from the sea and a "wall* of rain and wind" extending from ground level.

* and that's not really a good metaphor either.

• Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Sun breaking through the cloud here.

Paperwork still to do from yesterday but not so much, packing to do as off tomorrow morning to Stratford upon Avon for brothers wedding on Friday.

Had to cancel the coffee date today as no spare time to serve it justice, that's Sunday now. 

Better get on Horrorsons Pharmacy to visit for my 3 monthly script and a few other bits and piece for my journey north must get some cash too.

Enjoy your day :superman:A.S. Hopper :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Comments about being prepared set me thinking. I done my will over 12 years ago, before I retired. So much has changed in the intervening years that I think that I ought to make a new one, I will have to consult members of my family first. Weather here is much the same as GDB's, a bit damp overnight but the strong breeze is drying everything up. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

P9031008.JPG.679c7514fcbc77e32d39a0402ce0b73c.JPG

I thought that Mick (NB) might like that one.    

BB75000 class. Very similar in lines to a EWS Class 67 - also built by Alstom.

Work is being worked. (Work actually includes checking certain sections of RMweb………….. - ERs is a diversion)

Catch up later

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Bright sunshine after this mornings liquid variety but sunset is about quarter to eight this evening, the nights are drawing in, it will soon be the autumn solstice. Club night tonight, probably will not stay long as not a few will be absent.

• Like 15