The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

We have had some rain overnight, quite a bit by the looks of damp garden, although no rain is forecast until late evening, there are a few dark clouds in the sky. Breakfast has been consumed and a cake that I left soaking overnight is now in the oven. Sheila is now occupying the kitchen as she gets herself ready for her Zumba class. Once she’s gone, I’ll once again head downstairs to the cellar and start brandishing the paint brush as make a start on applying the first coat of gloss paint. 

Enjoy the day, back later. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Best way to do it. Hope there is a pay rise for the week to compensate you for all the extra responsibility that you won't have to worry about.

Payrise was actually backdated to start of last month :) as I'd made a start on the necessary migration SQL.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Just went out to fetch the milk in when I heard something hit the fence about three feet behind me. It turned out to be a squirrel jumping onto the fence from the flat roof of the porch. He either didn't notice my presence or just ignored it and proceded to stroll along the fence before jumping into the shrubery.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
On 31/08/2019 at 08:22, grandadbob said:

I don't know what metal my knee is made of but I do know that it sets off the alarms on the scanner every time I board a cruise ship and I then have to be searched. :(

I got round that one by carrying a wee photo of an x-ray of my elbow in my wallet!   :wink_mini:  So far, I have only used it on other hospital matters, like "do you have any metal inserts?"

What does get me is: you go to A&E/other dept. in the same hospital - with all your records to hand!!!! - and they DON'T look it up!  

And I am not the most reliable person for remembering all my medical history...but there we go.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

My dad was in ICU till yesterday, they didn't have his visit there a couple of weeks before, on his records.

The Squirrels have decided they have a new super highway, a couple of years back they replaced the old triple uninsulated wires between the electricity poles with a triple twisted insulated cable arrangement. the Squirrels now run along that much to the annoyment of Ben the Border Collie..

Unless you count a two piece folk group in the Sgts Mess on Benbecula, or a  Entertainment triple performing the Mikado in the Officiers mess in the Falklands. I've never been to a concert..  Come to that I've never been to a disco, unless you count very loud music? being played at a Christmas dinner (I take ear plugs).

• Like 18