The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Doctors attended. Instructed to use alternative eyedrops and go back to eye clinic asap.

Bacon sandwich now being consumed..

Baz

To me, sight is perhaps the most important sense so I would guard it relentlessly. Smell, well would I really need to choose between old socks and Chanel? Hearing - the TV is full of stuff of no interest that I have to watch or I am accused of being anti-social. Feel - a quick one has eluded me for half a century. Taste - as we move to standardised, pre-packaged, processed meals, who needs to determine one manufacturer's cardboard from another?

As you may have determined, I got out of the bed on teh wrong side this morning - courtesy of UK Networks' contractors but I wish you a positive outcome Baz!

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Chris, I too seem to tire easily now but we are both fully paid up members of the coffin dodgers club (over three score and ten) its no surprise. I will probably carry on doing what I done yesterday, absolutely zilch, maybe tomorrow when its a bit cooler I will do some more.  

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

KZ thanks for the advice it's something I did know working along side Land lords they make estate agents look pretty sad with their knowledge .:biggrin_mini2:

Baz I've slowly been regaining my sense of smell and taste after 15 years on Co-codamol which the quack said was harmless along with a host of

other problems it caused which have all gone, I feel much better and I've lost weight as well so double check with the pharmacist with each new drug prescribed. :wink_mini:

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

5 hours ago, TheQ said:

Bridies? they'e available all over Scotland, we even had what was supposed to be  Bridies for school dinners in Inverness.

As for being the same as a pastie they're not. A Bridie is mince and onion,

A Proper Cornish pasty is

400 g  beef skirt, cut into cubes

300 g potato, peeled and diced

150 g swede/turnip*, peeled and diced

150 g onion, peeled and sliced

Salt & pepper to taste (2:1 ratio

Nope sorry.....a proper Cornish pasty is all done by eye, never weighed and usually the ratios vary, depending on what you have to bung in. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, BlackRat said:

Nope sorry.....a proper Cornish pasty is all done by eye, never weighed and usually the ratios vary, depending on what you have to bung in. 

The recipe is an approximation for those that don't know what to bung in..

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7

2 hours ago, BlackRat said:

Does a proper Cornish Pasty not have a main meal end and a desert end, or is that a myth!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 5
  • Agree 5

7 hours ago, Kingzance said:

A cautionary note to 81c - you have not sold until your solicitor has exchanged signed contracts with your buyer’s solicitor - as I know to my cost!

In California even exchanged contracts are not binding. The deal is only finalized when the funds are in your bank account.

We had a contract to sell our house from a woman who was actually a real estate agent. Turns out she was signing contracts on multiple properties at the same time to lock them out of the market while she decided which one she really wanted.

I filed a complaint with the RE association. Curt reply said she wasn't doing anything illegal! And you wonder why these people have a bad reputation.

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

1 hour ago, BlackRat said:

They used to....first takeaway we reckons down ere.

Usually marked so each person knew whose was what.

Warmed near the steam engine then lowered at crib time and a good tale is men shouting up......."Is my crib past eee yet?"

So.....hence pasty (pastie).

The thick side crust (ALWAYS a side crust with a Cornish pasty) was to hold it whilst you ate.....then the crust, contaminated by dirty fingers engrained with amongst other things....arsenic.... was chucked down the mine, for the piskies or min e imps to feed on and keep them happy.

Things have changed a lot since then!

• Like 2
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, BlackRat said:

They used to....first takeaway we reckons down ere.

Usually marked so each person knew whose was what.

Warmed near the steam engine then lowered at crib time and a good tale is men shouting up......."Is my crib past eee yet?"

So.....hence pasty (pastie).

The thick side crust (ALWAYS a side crust with a Cornish pasty) was to hold it whilst you ate.....then the crust, contaminated by dirty fingers engrained with amongst other things....arsenic.... was chucked down the mine, for the piskies or min e imps to feed on and keep them happy.

Which side should the thick crust be on, left or right???

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Despite the time hot and sticky here still. A slight possibility of thunder but it looks as if it will be to the north and west of us. Time to put the kettle on, be back later.

• Like 14