The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

For the beast I can get a full charge using a 13A plug in about 4 hours max. A fast charge is 30 minutes.

Our visitors have gone to Headingley. They may be there tomorrow..or maybe not.

I need to get ready for my game so...C u later

Baz

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Hoping that the parcel that I'm expecting arrives this morning otherwise it wont be here until Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, Debs. said:

I so hope they went in the wash on their own and not with the family's whites.......or Hippo will be losing its protected species status.:o

On the garden birds thread someone mentioned the birds flocking to an elder tree, I did advise not putting any washing out for now.

• Like 6
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Work in the cellar is temporarily suspended, I'm making use of the good weather and making a start on the front door. The plan today is to remove all of the door furniture and fill in/drill any holes as required and start varnish removal. 

Back later 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Patchy sunshine here today.

The past 2 days have been stressful with the house sale & divorce issues I'm hoping to have a quiet week end and start a fresh Tuesday 

The last few items in the mancave to be moved the railway stock will be moved from an unsafe garage to the cave, the wardrobe in there which I keep bashing my elbows on going

in and out of the room will be destroyed to free up more space.

On the bird front here the Magpies have shifted the pigeons on and moved on themselves so there is no large air Bourne dumpers around at the moment the small birds still come in the garden for their cheese. 

Enjoy your week end all  :superman: C. Hildoutt . :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Debs. said:

Crikey, I've only been back for a few posts and I've got people doing maths. :mocking_mini:

So, remember chaps, it's all, `round to Collie Towers after Evensong on Sunday for double Latin! :nono:

My school didn't do Latin. We did woodwork instead. Not that the woodwork really helped me though. 

• Like 11
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

My not so posh school made all pupils do French and Latin at first with the option to switch to French and German in Year 3. I found Latin boring so did Germany’s soon as I could. I can get by in France and Germany using something barely understandable to the natives. I have never been able to do that in Latinland as I have never been there.

Today my eldest grandson spends as much time learning RE as he does science - what a strange world we now inhabit!

Edited by Kingzance
Small addition
  • Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Debs. said:

So, remember chaps, it's all, `round to Collie Towers after Evensong on Sunday for double Latin! :nono:

duplex Latine

Am I excused please?

Ego autem pirata pars hosting

Ha Haaarrrr!

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 12

36 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

My school didn't do Latin. We did woodwork instead. Not that the woodwork really helped me though. 

"acta non verba".....Perhaps the unadopted motto of many a very good school. :good_mini:

Edited by Debs.
  • Like 13
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

My not so posh school made all pupils do French and Latin at first with the option to switch to French and German in Year 3. I found Latin boring so did Germany’s soon as I could. I can get by in France and Germany using something barely understandable to the natives. I have never been able to do that in Latinland as I have never been there.

Latin America, half a Continent, now lost for words. :laugh_mini:

• Like 3
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Debs. said:

Crikey, I've only been back for a few posts and I've got people doing maths. :mocking_mini:

That's my Scottish Certificate of Education  in Arithmatic not mathematics.. :D

Ben the border Collie would love to come for a visit,  but he's stuffing himself with his new variety of doggy food at the moment... I think he likes it... 

I too went to a school ( well several schools or sgoils)  of the woodwork and metal work variety. 

Anyone got any eye bleach.. Just back from GY,  lots of inappropriatly dressed grockles.. 

Not a good choice of books on a particular subject this visit,  but I got 1 by os nock which I don't have.. 

Time for a Muggacoffee , the time to rest my terrified eyes, Before taking Ben for his long walk.. 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Back again I can't believe how much rolling stock I've got been moving it about most of the day. Just before lunch time I had an alert from the dating forum I use thought it odd as I had cleared it off 

yesterday to get some peace this week end but this lovely brunette I had messaged last week popped up so taking the bull by the horns we are going to lunch tomorrow. :wub:

Ian is the phone box still outside the pub that's on the left of your photo ?

enjoy your day :superman: E.Y.Esagog :biggrin_mini2:

GDB I'd move out of Sutton for the rest of the day if I were you.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Kingzance said:

Swapping to Twickers, I fear it will be the crunch of Irish beef destroying the English pack. Yes, I know we won the Cricket World Cup for the first and only time this year and the Rugby World Cup for the first and only time in 2003 but I remember the last and only time we won the soccer world cup over 50 years ago - ah, but it's the taking part you say!

Hmmm. It seems that the Irish beef you speak of was rather well and truly done!   :imsohappy:

7 hours ago, Kingzance said:

21 minutes ago, AndyB said:

So. Debs is contributing once again and GDB has gashed his thumb open. 

ER situation back to normal then. And breathe.

:rolleyes:

Er no Andy. None of my blood spilt - I was nowhere near the incident and just acted as First aider.

• Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3