The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Club night was quiet tonight, many members are on holiday. More news of local exhibitions, some are changing venue and/or dates. John, I cant add anything to whats already been said. As you said in the blog, try to keep busy and make the family get together as joyous an occasion as possible in the circumstances. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

Aditi’s recent arm / wrist fracture was immobilised by a cast for a couple of days then the consultant gave her one of these.

http://www.beagleorthopaedic.com/products/wrist-hand/standard-wrist-brace

to limit movement.  Physiotherapy could well be a link to a video or pdf. After a similar fall and break a few years ago Aditi requested a DEXA scan. That was fine but her sister who had a fall and wrist break was diagnosed with low bone density. 

Tony

Jill's fracture is in the upper arm Tony so apart from a cast or a sling there isn't much that can be done and the consultant from the IoM said that they weren't necessary, just to limit movement and/or strain as a reaction to what causes pain. Jill said just cooking, cleaning, ironing...........

Goodnight all and have a peaceful one.

Dave

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

Morning All,

We have another bright morning, but there is a chill in the air.

I'd better get on.  I have to leave work earlier this afternoon for an appointment at the dentist.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 6

Good morning one and all

Some genius decided that one lane would suffice on the northbound carriageway of the M1 at Junction 10 last night.  That is why it took me 1 hour 45 minutes to get home after Area Group in Harpenden.  This follows a different hour that could have been better spent than buying an advance ticket between Cogan and Cardiff Queen Street for the day after tomorrow.  TfW now know that their webshite is rubbish.

This morning at 10 am I am due to change my car.  The new one will also be white.  I seem to have lost the spare key for the outgoing Polo so I suppose I had better look for it.  One thing I did find with very little effort is a walking stick, as back-up for Saturday and my proud march through Cardiff city centre and upwards of 15,000 other people.

Best wishes to all

Chris

• Friendly/supportive 19

1 hour ago, Robert said:

We have another bright morning, but there is a chill in the air.

I'm not terribly surprised. MrsID and I had our honeymoon in Seefeld a little while ago at this time of year. I have an idea that I'd like to ski there one day but I suspect I'm probably kidding myself, but you never know.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Bright and fairly still here too this morning although the usual level of smog is visible as one would expect between two airports, two motorways and not too far from the metropolis. We are off to the old place again shortly, me to engage in the dreaded g word and her to visit the optician again, this time for a general sight check-up rather than anything specifically related to contact lenses.

Hope the trend continues in respect of your PSA Brian. What no Rainbow VW Chrisf, just say it was sold to you as keyless. Quayside steps each individually filed to indicate wear? I'll be glad that mine even look like a quayside when I manage to make them - sounds grand, please share. I'm sure Sutton's Finest will be a somewhat happier person once voluptuous models are gloriously displayed in the privacy of his new cave.

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Rain overnight...breakfast then   test match at Heasingley ..the real home of cricket!

(Notice that next yeat 6 tests are scheduled. 2 at Lords..hopefully they might get the square playable, 1 at the Oval, 1 at Trent Bridge and 1 at  Edgbaston.  And 75% of all cricket in the UK is played in the North)

Have as good a day as you can and remember...

Carpe Diem!

Baz

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s a bit of a grey start to the day, it’s not raining at the moment but it is predicted for later on. Once Sheila has got herself ready and left for her Zumba class I’ll head back downstairs and continue working on the cellar stairs. Once they’ve had a quick wipe off I’ll make a start undercoating them and all the other associated woodwork. Hopefully I’ll be able to give it all at least one coat today, although there is a lot of it, if I include the door between the two cellar rooms and the new storage space door. 

Enjoy the day, back later. 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

A correction to my last post. Apparently a sling is a good idea for Jill's arm so one of my tasks for today is obtaining one. The next one is to rearrange the conservatory for her bridge afternoon with some friends. Apart from that I hope to get some work done on the book I'm writing about the new build Patriot.

Have a good day everyone. I hope the new car is OK Chris; Jill has a white Polo that's five years old and it's been a good little car.

Dave

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Rain overnight...breakfast then   test match at Heasingley ..the real home of cricket!

(Notice that next yeat 6 tests are scheduled. 2 at Lords..hopefully they might get the square playable, 1 at the Oval, 1 at Trent Bridge and 1 at  Edgbaston.  And 75% of all cricket in the UK is played in the North)

Have as good a day as you can and remember...

Carpe Diem!

Baz

How typical, an umpire who cannot count to six.  You have missed out the Pakistani Test at Manchester.  So all the major grounds get at least one Test .....

Probably today is my last game at Lord's this season , discounting the slight possibility of a T20 quarter final; which could be interesting as they start to demolish the Compton and Edrich stands tomorrow!

Bill

• Like 9
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Not a lot to do today just get a few things in for the weekend. The garden needs looking at so I've looked at it, not changed much since I last looked at it. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 11
  • Funny 2

post-2818-0-82905300-1488959739.jpg

Greetings all from the boring borough. Another fun filled exciting day to report. Fork all happening. 

Thoroughly p!ssed off at the twatwaffles I supposedly work with. My work travel to Berlin next week has been totally fusterclucked with the booking agency coming back to me directly wanting an extra €225 for hotel costs. 2 words came to mind. The second being "off".  Of course they did this an  hour after confirming the flight and sending me the boarding pass. 

That is all. P. Issedoff. 

Enjoy the day 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

post-2818-0-82905300-1488959739.jpg

Greetings all from the boring borough. Another fun filled exciting day to report. Fork all happening. 

Thoroughly p!ssed off at the twatwaffles I supposedly work with. My work travel to Berlin next week has been totally fusterclucked with the booking agency coming back to me directly wanting an extra €225 for hotel costs. 2 words came to mind. The second being "off".  Of course they did this an  hour after confirming the flight and sending me the boarding pass. 

That is all. P. Issedoff. 

Enjoy the day 

I expect that extra cost is due to the fall in value of the £.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, BoD said:

I’ve a set of steps for the layout’s quayside to finish today.  

Up to now I have just built the sidewalls for the steps to the correct height.

This morning I actually counted the number of steps. 39.  Hmmm.

• Like 7
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1