The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

' morning all from red dragon land.

Tomorrow's delivery of decking has just arrived!  We can get on with laying it straight away, tomorrow, then.  So, that is good. :yes:

Best wishes to all.  Hope things go that well for you.

Polly

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

The Cob on the Broads

Ah! So.  We also have the Cob we got for the boat and rarely used!  In the garage somewhere, I expect!  There was a mention of bringing it back into use...

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Breakfast has now been consumed and once Sheila has got herself ready we will set off for “The Christie”. We have both sorted ourselves some reading material, as is inevitable with these places, there will be some spells of waiting to be seen today. 

Enjoy the day, back later. 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. With Johns news yesterday I decided to leave mentioning my doings till this morning. Yesterday evening was another garden railway visit. I took my friend and his young son with me as is usual but we arrived a bit late due too some confusion over the address. This was due too both the correct street and another nearby with an almost identical name falling into the same square on the street map. After going home to collect my reading glasses and a magnifying glass we were able to find the correct street on the map, about 100 yards from the 'wrong' street. Once we arrived the lad, who was getting a bit fretful at the delay got his hands on a controller and was as happy as a sandboy. I'll be staying in over the bank holiday, My friend will be visiting relatives in the midlands and I do not fancy joining the grockles on the roads.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Afternoon all.

I have been doing some holiday packing. I have some way to go before we shut the cases. 

Tony

Presumably, you'll have a long way to go after you've shut the cases.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Afternoon all.

I have been doing some holiday packing. I have some way to go before we shut the cases. 

Tony

Are you arming yourself for a struggle, given Aditi’s condition Tony?

Despite my best efforts at being reasonable and staying schtumm, the visit to the local independent jeweller ready for The Boss’s upcoming birthday achieved four fifths of five eights of eff all. The resulting half of nothing was that the jeweller is going to get two samples from their workshop for a later inspection and they could probably fulfil a personal commission in time for the big day. All in all, not much was achieved or has changed then. Gold prices are soaring. I may adjourn to my man-cave after a muggertea.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Some of the ceiling paper in the kitchen has come loose. No way am I going to re-paper it. The DIY store up the road has a suitable adhesive for repairs and is next to an ASDA, post office and pub, so I can shop, drop and possibly have a pint, depending on the timing. If I can do it all in about 30 minutes I can get one bus home. The next is an hour later....

Thoughts are with John and Sandy.

Have a good day,

Pete

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, petethemole said:

The DIY store up the road has a suitable adhesive for repairs and is next to an ASDA, post office and pub, so I can shop, drop and possibly have a pint, depending on the timing. If I can do it all in about 30 minutes I can get one bus home. The next is an hour later....

Time for another relaxed pint, then.

• Like 12
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

The possible pint (or two) would have been had if I'd missed the bus. As it was, I caught it, and saved the price.  It's not a pub I particularly like, anyway, just handy if I miss a bus. I sat in the garden with a cold soft drink instead, and dozed off.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 5

16 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Then yesterday morning she had a call from the A&E consultant who saw her there to say that the X rays had been reassessed and there was a hairline fracture but it had gone back so cleanly that he had missed it. ... We both thought that it was very decent of him to make the call and apologise for the error ...

I'm ambivalent about things like that. I do understand that people make mistakes in their work, having made many in my time. And that procedures should be in place to check important decisions, as they obviously were in this case. What I have some problem with is the length of time these procedures can take. 

In our immediate family, we've had an occasion where a serious condition was mis-diagnosed and the true situation not discovered until x-rays were re-examimed some days later, resulting in a very apologetic phone call at 6a.m. (!!), with an urgent request to come into hospital at once for surgery.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Club tonight, I didn't go last week as it clashed with an 'open night' at another garden railway. Just on the news, the government is considering cancelling HS2, I'll say no more but I'll nip over to the relevent thread to watch the fur flying later.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

on his advice would do the procedure on The Toe.......Oh, and by the way, they've had a cancellation and would September 10th be OK?

I am glad to hear that this extended saga of your painful extremity might have a path to the resolution you deserved weeks (months?) ago.  (I clicked "like" mostly to celebrate this singular event.)

Is there some / any treatment for Jill to help her arm heal with less pain?

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 4
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I am glad to hear that this extended saga of your painful extremity might have a path to the resolution you deserved weeks (months?) ago.  (I clicked "like" mostly to celebrate this singular event.)

Is there some / any treatment for Jill to help her heal with less pain?

Thanks Oz. the saga of The Toe started about twelve weeks ago, maybe a bit more, so I'm more than a little glad that there is at least a strong possibility it will be sorted out soon. The only 'treatment' Jill can have at present is analgesics and to limit movement and/or strain. She will be seeing  the physioterrorists soon and they will assess what sort of movement she can accept without excessive pain and give her some mild exercises accordingly. Never mind, between us we have six limbs working and driving is OK if Jill does the pedals and I look after the gearshift and steering :rolleyes:.

Dave

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, BoD said:

Each blog brings a bigger speck of dust in my eye.

And we’ve never met.

Find your bright moments and please, share them with us.

Your skills with words surpass mine sir, I can only agree wholeheartedly with your post.

• Like 7
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

Some things totally unrelated can make you change your mind, some lethargy and loss of fishing mojo had set in, been busy with other things, but something that has been with me since childhood was missing. So I booked a day on a local river and went through a time honoured routine, possibly only anglers will understand, up before dawn and out in the countryside with mist lifting off the ground and wildlife in abundance. To say I caught a Salmon is perhaps stretching it a bit as after much thrashing of the water, I went over to a more delicate trout rod and caught a young parr, carefully returned to hopefully return after a winter at sea. I got wet, stink of sweat, wearing neoprene chest waders on a hot day is not conducive to smelling of roses, more like the compost they grow in.

Not getting morbid, but life is for grabbing with both hands whilst we can, so no more sitting around not being arsed to do things(well until it starts raining anyway lol).

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

n. She will be seeing  the physioterrorists soon and they will assess what sort of movement she can accept without excessive pain and give her some mild exercises

Aditi’s recent arm / wrist fracture was immobilised by a cast for a couple of days then the consultant gave her one of these.

http://www.beagleorthopaedic.com/products/wrist-hand/standard-wrist-brace

to limit movement.  Physiotherapy could well be a link to a video or pdf. After a similar fall and break a few years ago Aditi requested a DEXA scan. That was fine but her sister who had a fall and wrist break was diagnosed with low bone density. 

Tony

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2