The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Once I’ve d got back from the bank, Sainsbury’s etc and the shopping had been put away, muggertea No2 was consumed that nicely brought about dinner time, which was a little later than usual as there was quite a big queue at the bank. 

After dinner it was decided that, as there was only just over an hour or so before my usual knocking off time, that we should have an easy day, so I sat and read for the rest of afternoon.

Tomorrow morning I’ve an appointment at “The Christie” to see my urologist/oncologist where I will get the results of last weeks blood test. So it’s an early(ish) start for the both of us in the morning.

Goodnight all 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 13

Morning All,

For what it's worth, it's a nice sunny morning today.

Sorry to hear the news about Sandy, John.  Take it one day at a time and make the most of the time you have left.  The more memories you have to treasure later, the easier it will be.  Thinking of you all.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Yes BoD, today we should all Carpe Diem as we don't know what tomorrow may bring.

Chrisf, buying cars cab feel like being mugged. However, when her ind73oors goes buying a car I always feel sorry for the salesman!

Yesterday's game was a cracker. Yorkshire ridings won the toss and batted. The pitch had been unplayable at the weekend. Yorks mad a good start and then the spinners came on. 135 all out. 

After an excellent "tea" Derbyshire were cruising ar 73 for 1. Then the spinnees got in on the act..125 all out with a player with a broken rib bowling the last man.

Cricket played the right way.

And what does today hold for me?

Some house cleaning, lawns mowing, parcel packing and posting and a visit to another eye consultant. The latter could be interesting as the latest eyedrops (Ganforr) sting all day.

After that..i can try and finish a coach for shap and do some other muddling.

Now to finish my mugatea. 

Baz

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

My new SiL lays artificial grass. Sometimes No.2 son works with him, depends on the planned jobs.

Last week they did a lawn for Fern Britton & Phil Vickery. They also have the outside cafe area at St Michael's Mount to do soon.

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold

I like Fern.  First saw her on TV on Westward? or whatever it was called in the Eighties when visiting my parents in Par. ISTR  a large (stuffed) rabbit called Gus Honeybun "helping" her and giving multiple "bunny hops" when things were good!

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 13
  • Agree 1