The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

I appreciate Cowes is the least accessible "port" of the island and that it has the longest crossing requiring a trip down most of the length of Southampton Water but it is also the only one with space to moor your THV Patricia Mike. 

I think they send a small vessel in to pick up passengers. Mike has posted photos before of what looks like a sophisticated rubber dinghy. 

Edited by Tony_S
Missing space
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 6

24 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

I appreciate Cowes is the least accessible "port" of the island and that it has the longest crossing requiring a trip down most of the length of Southampton Water but it is also the only one with space to moor your THV Patricia Mike.

Jeepers! Is THV Patricia still afloat? Last saw her in the mid 80's when I worked at BHC!

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

Not a bad day on the rock after a reet cold start, 12c.

Mrs NHN has had a fall on her ar$e and strained a hamstring badly - the back of her leg is black and blue from her knee to her b£m.  Apparently laughing doesn't help and can be injurious to my health - if she could only catch me!  Quite nasty actually, so I'm on full nursing duties, no uniform though.

Do any of our UK outline O gauge practitioners on here use any automatic couplings?  Kadees?  3 links are beyond me now, I have discovered.

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Gold
Just now, New Haven Neil said:

Evening.

Mrs NHN has had a fall on her ar$e and strained a hamstring badly - the back of her leg is black and blue from her knee to her b£m.  Apparently laughing doesn't help and can be injurious to my health - if she could only catch me!  Quite nasty actually, so I'm on full nursing duties, no uniform though.

Do any of our UK outline O gauge practitioners on here use any automatic couplings?  Kadees?  3 links are beyond me now, I have discovered.

I use Dingham's and am very pleased with them.

If you would like to know more, I'll pm you further details.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Evening.

I did use Dinghams but they weren't happy with heavy ABS wagons on long trains. They are fi e on short trains with Slaters or Parkside types. I've now gone back to Spratt and Winkle.  PM me if you want further info.  Hope that your other half hoes on OK.

Jamie

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Mike, Cowes is easy enough. Out the back (south side) of Southampton Central, bus stop 50 yards for service to the Town Quay, and on to the Red Funnel. It’s on one of them hydrofoil thingys, not the car ferry, and very fast trip to West Cowes. Just remember we want plenty of piccies, please. Bon voyage.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, AndyID said:

Not when it's beer-thirty.

Beer 30?! That's one heck of a session! Can beer #31 be achieved?

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 7
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Good morning evening, one and all.

A good friend and I decided to pop up to South of the Forth today and sample the fringe atmosphere.

It seems to get busier every year but still both very enjoyable and entertaining.

Edit:  I even managed to find a miniature whisky from one of the few distilleries  that I don’t yet have in my collection.  Result.

Edited by BoD
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Tomorrow evening there is scheduled a visit to a private garden railway. However the weather for tomorrow is going to be a bit iffy to say the least. So I decided to check the BBC weather news, however they didn't show anything after 4 pm on the national weather report so I checked the local report only for them to skip the report from 5 pm tomorrow to 5 am Thursday!

59 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Evening.

A lady on E-bay by the name of Groovychick80 had some O scale Kadees for sale recently at a very reasonable price. I have dealt with this lady before and she is one of the best traders on E-bay.

PS I see Richard and Jamie have PM'd you.

• Like 11
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I use Dingham's and am very pleased with them.

If you would like to know more, I'll pm you further details.

Is that a brand of ibuprofen? When I fell down the stairs last year and bruised my tail region I just used a generic brand.

• Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Can't remember when I may have reached 30 beers but I know a man who has.

AndrewC where are you??

Matthew once had  a look at Andrew’s Untapped app page. He was very impressed.  

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 15

Evening all, been on Grandad duties over in Perth, took the two wee lads to Pitlochry for a change of scenery, which went down well as did the Whisky ice cream that Grandad had, tasty it was.All points now delivered, so once fitted, last section of lifting bridge section and we can go for an inaugural loop round TOSH, I might wait for the new A4 or more likely use my trusty B1

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Snip<

A lady on E-bay by the name of Groovychick80 had some O scale Kadees for sale recently at a very reasonable price. I have dealt with this lady before and she is one of the best traders on E-bay.

PS I see Richard and Jamie have PM'd you.

Thanks Phil.  I think I have bought from her before, it seems familiar!

• Like 13

58 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Can't remember when I may have reached 30 beers but I know a man who has.

AndrewC where are you??

I’m sure we both hit at least 35 each day @ Borefts last year. Smaller measures but some bloody strong beers. Managed 45 last Friday at London Craft. Volume wise that works out to be only around 8 pints over the whole day. Most of these fests serve in 100ml tasters. Brussels next weekend for the BXL fest. 

29 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Matthew once had  a look at Andrew’s Untapped app page. He was very impressed.  

My current stats are 8395 total, 5648 unique in just over 6 years. 

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, BoD said:

So.........

you buy things from a lady called groovychick80 and admit to it?

You’ll be telling us that you don’t know the Duke of York next.

Well......actually.....when he came here to play golf…..I can neither deny or confirm......when I worked for the plod......I just may.....

• Like 2
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AndrewC said:

My current stats are 8395 total, 5648 unique in just over 6 years. 

Way above mine 5405 (4180) but not a patch on one of our neighbours 22310 (15748) and he started much the same time as us in 2014.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 14

Very occasional posts for the next five days, as I watch the rain fall at Lord's.

I haven't mentioned that an LAS trainer turned up at our training meeting last night - and checked our CPR skills by connecting his laptop to Annie.  It got a bit ageist because the three OAPs (including myself) all scored 100%.

Bill

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4