The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Bright and sunny at the moment , up early for painkillers which are not enough to dull the pain some sports injury cream will be rubbed in and maybe another hours sleep 

Going to see my friend today she wants to go for a walk around the local area to find a route across the lower parts of the Hogs Back and maybe a refreshment stop.:heat:

Enjoy you day I will :superman:S.Mitten. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold

Mawning,

The sun shines and the trees move less energetically than over the last couple of days. We are off to a friend’s celebration later but this was scheduled to be a garden party whereas seaweed twirlers state that rain will be present from an hour before until an hour after his “bash” in Kidderminster. I hope they are wrong for his sake and for anyone planning on spending the afternoon on the Severn Valley Railway.

Chrisf’s final paragraph brought to mind that I renewed the insurance for my motorcycle last week. On a well known comparison website that doesn’t use stupid rodents with Russian accents, my policy could be renewed for a whole £3 more than I paid last year through Swinton, who provide the policy as agents for Ageas. Swinton  also sent me their best offer by post which turned out to be the same cover through Ageas but this “best offer” was 32% more expensive than buying it online. I can’t be bothered to waste my time investigating the difference.

I am envious of those who can have runner beans now as the lovely little sparrows that populate the trees, bushes and hedges here have decided that my beans’ flowers are the current must-eat delicacy. I will succeed next year as my beans (like my cherries) will be kept under varmint-defying netting. This will also require the construction of a raised bed some 3.6m x 0.6m along a section of wooden fencing which is of the “hit and miss” form so netting will be on the front AND back. In the words of Bob Dylan / Joan Baez etc., “we shall overcome somedayeeeeeee”.

Whilst SWMBO catches a few more zzzzz’s I shall now go and reload the week’s pill boxes and allow some crushed wheat with milk past my lips. I do know how to live the good life :D.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. No lie-in this morning as I'll be off to Canvey in about half an hour. Weather forecast looks good with the very slim possibility of a shower if a bit windy. Tea to be drunk, be back later.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Back again 

Did anyone see the news this morning where a jet liner landed yesterday with the main cabin full of smoke, the chutes were deployed

and many selfish #rse'oles slide down them with their suit cases in their hands, absolutely unbelievable. :wild: 

• Agree 10

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Well you did used to throw yourself out of perfectly serviceable aircraft so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised that you obviously crave being mAWLed.

Jamie

Being mawled is preferable to being Lamb shanked by NHY 581

• Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Morning, a bit draughty here, showers and generally not a nice day - apols to the Hunts.

I have to go and cut a tree down at a friend's, prior to a conservatory/garden room sort of thing being constructed.  It's an apple so the wood will be on our log burner in a year come November.  Not a good day for it though, windy to say the least.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

I have to go and cut a tree down at a friend's, prior to a conservatory/garden room sort of thing being constructed.  It's an apple so the wood will be on our log burner in a year come November.  Not a good day for it though, windy to say the least.

Queue for songs:
Woodman, spare that tree
The Lumberjack Song

Don't sit under the apple tree

And all because you just like wearing chain-mail gloves and pantaloons!

• Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, 81C said:

Back again 

Did anyone see the news this morning where a jet liner landed yesterday with the main cabin full of smoke, the chutes were deployed

and many selfish #rse'oles slide down them with their suit cases in their hands, absolutely unbelievable. :wild: 

Duty free I can understand, but dirty underwear - no.

Work to be worked - catch up later.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1
  • Funny 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I have had breakfast. I have been invited to have lunch next door so I suspect I won’t need much to eat this evening. 

PhilJW should be enjoying the bus rally as the weather is bright and breezy. 

Tony

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

Just make sure you wash your hands carefully...…….  I remember someone at school spilling a bottle of Fiery Jack on part of his anatomy....

Jamie

I recall a fellow soldier who rubbed deep heat into one of his legs and then retired for the night.

I don't know what he did next, (nudge, nudge) but he shot off into the ablutions and was found with his appendage dangling in a sink of cold water.

It put a whole new meaning to the term:  Hot S*x Action!

Perhaps you should smear the t*rd's ear buds with something similar?

(Edited to include cunning plan.)

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

Just make sure you wash your hands carefully...…….  I remember someone at school spilling a bottle of Fiery Jack on part of his anatomy

Eyelids?

• Like 2
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

We had a long lie in this morning and so I’m a bit late on parade. Muggertea No2 has just been consumed and once Sheila has come downstairs I’ll put some eye drops in for her and then I’m off to the cellar to start sanding down the bannister and spindles. 

Enjoy the day, back later 

• Like 14

A'noon all, hope all ills aren't too harsh for those afflicted, it's persistently chucking it down outside, the sky above our little corner of Warwickshire is distinctly grey of hue so I thought a timely splash of colour would be rather nice...

Random Fabs trivia ahoy - hot on the heels of the Abbey Road cover photo anniversary comes another in Beatles folk lore - tis fifty years ago today on 11th August 1967 that ye olde Fab Four gathered together in a photographic studio in the Grays Inn Road in swinging London to pose in front of American photographer Richard Avedon's camera for a set of photographs which would be turned into some very attractive posters, highly colourful and very sought after posters to be sold via mail order by 'Look' magazine in January 1968...

Stay cool (man)!

AVEDON aaa12ef.jpg

AVEDON 1968 Look Poster ad.jpg

AVEDON 110867 a819.jpg

AVEDON bc7a5.jpg

AVEDON FABS 1968 LOOK POSTERS.jpg

AVEDON LOOK Magazine January 9th 1968a.jpg

AVEDON LOOK #4.jpg

AVEDON LOOK #3.jpg

AVEDON LOOK #2.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Two_sugars said:

Was't there a story . . . probably apocryphal, a few years ago about someone swapping the contents of a vaseline jar with Fiery Jack before giving it to some newly-weds?

John

There were certainly such jokes around. At least one had a punchline " who the ****** put the fiery jack in the vaseline."

The guy who spilt the stuff in our school changing rooms spent most of the afternoon in front of a cold shower.

Jamie

• Funny 10