The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Newcastle Central next?  A dream of mine - and it will remain a dream!

Like either St Pancras or Trent Junction for me.   Though I do have the space now but probably not enough time.   Anyway we'll all be in the naughty corner soon.  Better not tell the owner of the awl, or her Hippo shaped acolytes, or should they be Hippolites.

Jamie

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening all!

Cricket lasted 9.3 overs before the monsoon arrived. Very good tea provided though.

I think the awl owner may be busy at the moment so... BEHAVE YOURSELVES! She has awl seeing eyes!

TTFN 

Baz

• Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7

51 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

This big  8 wheeled green thing arrived this morning:  The Obergrumpenfuhrer wants top know where it came from.

I told her I didn't know and I'm just looking after it for a friend.

I think I may have got away with it.

DSC_0023.JPG

Bit Green,:o hope it won't need watering to often Richard.:nono:

• Like 1
  • Funny 15

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

This big  8 wheeled green thing arrived this morning:  The Obergrumpenfuhrer wants top know where it came from.

I told her I didn't know and I'm just looking after it for a friend.

I think I may have got away with it.

DSC_0023.JPG

2 minutes ago, newbryford said:

When I turn up with goodies that run on parallel bits of metal, I have an advantage (or at least that's what Mrs NB wants me to think), in that I can say "I'm testing it for work..........."

I have a SHED, and SHE, has only been in there 3 times in 5 years, haha.:good:

• Like 10
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Did anyone else listen to the Prom?  Perhaps the interrupter thought it was Brahms 4?  I'm at the RAH for Mahler 4 tomorrow.

Bill

No, I was watching T20 cricket on Sky. 

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

I hope that the severe weather abates and that all ERs manage to avoid the worst effects. Have a peaceful night.

No sign of it here although there are some ominous looking clouds popping up. I'm hoping they will clear later. The Moon, Saturn and Jupiter should all appear quite close to each other tonight.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Reality check.  This is mid-August.  I am told there was football today.  I even encountered some stripey-shirt wearing drunken-chanting persons suggesting this was in fact fact.

Tomorrow there seems to be egg-chasing up the road.  

What ever happened to these things being winter sports?  

That's just the old git in me coming out.  For true purgatory try

the RAH for Mahler 4 tomorrow

.  Dear old Mahler is not my muggertee at all.  But then I have an interest in Stravinsky, Sibelius and Saent-Saens which aren't necessarily loved by all Promenaders nor other music fans.

On that night and with the wind setting slowly in the west I bid you all a good night.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Evening awl

Despite this morning’s shopping trip to the Trafford Centre, it’s been quite an enjoyable day. Ava helped Sheila get a few Christmas presents for Charlie and gave Sheila some ideas of what she would like too. Once home we had a drink then Ava and I had pancakes for dinner, which ALWAYS goes down well. 

After dinner Ava and Sheila sat down and watched a film whilst I read the latest edition of BRM which dropped on the door mat just after dinner. Vickie and Ian called to pick Ava up on their way to go shopping and stopped for a drink.

After they’d left, I made a large pan of chilli for tea, what wasn’t eaten was decanted into small containers and put in the freezer once it had cooled down. The evening was then rounded off with a nice bottle of chilled rosé. 

Goodnight awl. 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

We set off for the Highland Games this morning.  The Lord Lyon is honorary chieftain and I though I might ask some questions. But when we got there I found the senior's prices were $30 (each) and my Scottishness kicked in so we came back and loaded all the cleaned stuff back in the motorhome and took it off to storage.

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16