The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I say old chap, us don't really talk like that, we put it on for the tourists!  Most are really quite posh actually, just like the county folk who sip G &Ts (no ice) and talk about horses and bond prices and attend the RCS in our Range Rovers...:boast:

Brian.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

The pirates hereabouts now run the car parks.

Don't they just.  And with their nastiest crew members tasked to leap mercilessly upon anyone even thinking about a moment of over-time, parking outside the lines or any other misdemeanour.  Add to that the imposition of "All-day" parking fees for 6pm-6am which were often free and with no short-term option and is it any wonder the locals are up in arms.  

Or as one mate who lives in Hayle has said: "£7 to walk the dog every night?  There'd better be some pretty good entertainment and a free drink involved"

• Like 14
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well what a morning, with an ironic twist of fate, 5 minutes before we left for Sheila’s diabolical eye test, the rain stopped and the sun shone very brightly. Within 5 minutes of getting back home after the test, the skies darkened and the rain started again, you couldn't make it up. The rain then stayed with us on and off for most of the day, sudden heavy showers followed by sunshine etc. Anyway, the optician who tested her was of the opinion that once she’s had her cataracts removed, he doesn’t think he’ll need to see her again, which is good news. 

Later in the afternoon she got a text from our local bookshop informing her that the books she ordered yesterday, which are for my birthday in next weekend are in, so she went to collect them. Luckily she managed the walk there and back (about a 1/2 mile round trip) without getting wet! Just as she was about to leave James and Amelia arrived. Amelia was much more talkative today and one of the subjects that cropped up was schooling and what she wanted to do when she leaves, which isn’t for a while yet. She fancies something to do with the medical profession, but exactly what she isn’t quite sure, but it was nice to see some sort of grounded ambition.

Goodnight all 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Coombe Barton said:

The pirates hereabouts now run the car parks.

47 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Don't they just.  And with their nastiest crew members tasked to leap mercilessly upon anyone even thinking about a moment of over-time, parking outside the lines or any other misdemeanour.  

Do they have windscreen swabbies that clean the windscreen without asking and then expect a monetary tribute for their efforts?

• Like 11

1 hour ago, AndyID said:

Now for the simple task of converting this

DSCN4622a.jpg.40293dbbc0a13eefeeb40db00f44e7df.jpg

into this

shopba1a.png.0e5e4b8e19b8ccce2c4f4e906502ab7f.png

The slightly tricky bit

shopba2.png.ebe9f7d6599955d8520bb0492baad5dd.png

In the best train-set tradition it's really just a double track oval with a terminus in the middle and a reversing loop. Lots of bits to be added like additional tracks at the terminus, carriage sidings, engine sheds, goods facilities, etc etc. I was going to make it multi-level but I came to the conclusion I'd never see it running if I tried to do that.

The 'slightly tricky bit' has a nice aesthetic!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 10
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Heavy rain last night. More rain scheduled.  Wonder if the home team today will ring to say my match is cancelled?

Good win for the Rhinos last night. Kept switching between the Warnee Bros Prom and the Rugby.

Time for a mugatea!

Baz

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a sunny and calm Charente.  I hope that all readers are safe and sound and have power.  We have had a couple of power cuts in the last couple of days.   I didn't even know we'd had one till Beth returned from shopping to ay that the fridge light wouldn't come on. Not a lot to report from here, the T*rd is with us till Monday.   He and his wife are complaining about insect bites and the sounds of the Glis Glis that live in the roof.  For some reason they are not getting any sympathy from Beth and I.  The standard response is "Welcome to rural France.   

We are due to go out for coffee this morning and this afternoon I am heading for the shed as the T*rd has announced that He MUST watch the Leeds United Match on his laptop.

Regards to all and make sure that you have a stock of candles.     Fortunately trains on Green Ayre are quite capable of restarting on their own after a power cut.

Jamie

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s a bit sunny here,  it rain is forecast for later on, we had no power cuts yesterday, despite there being some in the northwest. This morning we are picking Ava up from her house and taking her to the Trafford Centre (twice I one week, oh joy) and she is then spending the rest of the day with us, but due to the forecast, I don’t expect to get any work done in the garden. It will have to be pancakes for dinner, ooh the inconveniences that I have to put up with!

Enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Bit of a juggling act may be necessary this morning!

I have to go two stops up the line to get some shopping. (I could go 1 stop down but my season ticket wouldn't work and the shops I wish to visit are way out of town!)

Southern Failways are saying that due to the high winds, services might be disrupted. (I suspect that there might even be a leaf on the line!)

Heck, let's go and, if the return train gets delayed or cancelled, there's a JDW about 4 minutes walk (10 minutes stagger) from the station!

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning form a windy Surrey - had beans on toast for brekkie but the wind was already about:rolleyes:

late last night a neighbour put up a marquee in the heavy rain and wind - its still there this morning.

No trains for us today, just big red buses.

Time to stop listening to ELO, lock the shed up and head out.

• Like 17