The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

It's a lovely morning in the middle of the Irish Sea and forecast to stay that way until tonight. Here's hoping the seaweed druids have got that right but commiserations to those less fortunate. Off to get the bus to Peel now.

Dave

• Like 17
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I haven’t done much other than make tea this morning. 

I haven’t checked the weather forecast yet but it looks quite pleasant at the moment. 

Have a good day. 

Tony

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

Dry ,overcast and dull.

Not much happening today apart for a dinner invite at my friends place tonight, with the week end looming I'm dreading the boredom.

enjoy your day  I will later  :superman: B. Nomates. :D

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Weather forecast hearabouts is dry and sunny which it is at the moment but turning wet and windy later this afternoon.

4 hours ago, sb67 said:

Just seen your post. What a shame those show's have been cancelled, I always look forward to Romford and Southend :( Just looked on the website and couldn't see any news, is it the Shoeburyness show?

Steve.

It is indeed the show at Shoeburyness. The reasons given are rather vague, I have my own opinion as to what they are but I'm keeping them to myself for now. They are saying that the show will take place next year (2020) but that remains to be seen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Morning all from a sunny Charente.   No warnings of storms here but we do have T*rd alerts in force, it has been heard walking around upstairs, gloom will descend on the other side of the sitting room when it arrives.   At least Rachel is feeling better after a visit to the doctor yesterday.   I had to depart to the shed at one point in the afternoon when his blessed phone started playing the Leeds United song at high volume.   Soldering track was probably better than burying an axe in his head.   I even managed to sort some track problems out.   The evening went well as Beth and I escaped for respite care at some friends.  Much wine was drunk and the world was temporarily put to rights.

A bike ride has just been mentioned so Beth and I will be going our soon followed by some gardening where I will hack some more bush roots out of the ground.    I may even retreat to the shed again this afternoon.    We are off to the local market town to indulge in fish and chips tonight.

Regards to all.

Jamie

Those two actions seem to be quite compatible, why not combine them?:diablo_mini: Hacking out the roots means you need something to fill the hole.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, sb67 said:

Just seen your post. What a shame those show's have been cancelled, I always look forward to Romford and Southend :( Just looked on the website and couldn't see any news, is it the Shoeburyness show?

Steve.

The website and Facebook page are still promoting the exhibition. The UK model shops exhibition timetable has “unforeseen circumstances “ for it and the Romford exhibition. 

Another Facebook exhibition post stated that the reason for the Shoeburyness cancellation was an admin error by the venue but 2020 is confirmed. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Those two actions seem to be quite compatible, why not combine them?:diablo_mini: Hacking out the roots means you need something to fill the hole.

46 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

The Yew trees have started to grow again.

Cemeteries have Yew trees.

I think it's an omen.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

The rain is expected here overnight.  but then the rain we had on Tuesday wasn't expected so maybe this lot won't arrive to make up for their earlier errors.  Then it's promised for all day tomorrow.  

Hopefully it will wash away some of the halfwits currently to be found on local roads who I encountered when out to collect Mrs Stationmaster from Waitrose (the not the trainspotting branch).  The big prize went to the loony female on a bicycle who is clearly in serious training for a Darwin Award event - first of all she was all over the road at some traffic lights, she then pulled out of a junction without looking whereas I'd slowed right down to make sure there was nothing coming on the road we were joining, next she rode round a blind bend on the wrong side of the road busily overtaking cars which were in any case pulling out to pass a parked van as the came out of the bend, and finally she overtook a slow moving 'bus as it approached a traffic island.  Amazingly we got home without finding her crumpled remains at the roadside but no doubt if she comes off worse in a future encounter with an HGV it won't be her fault - oh yeah!

Time now for sudoku I think.   Having a restful day after an evening out at a local curry house last night with Mr Mayor and a couple of other Councillors - I have to say the restauramnt staff were most solicitous towards our party but none of the Councillors present has anything to do with licensing premises for anything at all (although two of them are on the Planning Committee).

Enjoy the rest of your day folks.

• Like 19

Rain has also reached the northern Willamette Valley. It's more like fine, invisible drizzle at the moment but the ground is wet so it may have rained a little bit harder earlier.

Our unusual weather continues. Here July and August are reliably very dry and often very hot. Today should see a high of 23°C rather than normal which is something approaching 30°C at this time of year. I'm not complaining. The dampness is a big help to mitigate wildfire danger and I don't much like the heat.

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Still no sign of rain here yet, its possible it may veer off in another direction and we will miss the worst of it. Track night at SEERS tonight, I will have to sort out some stock to run. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 15

No rain here but we might see some tomorrow, with thunderbolts. 35C expected today then a significant cool-down for the weekend.

I otta down to the lake again

to the lonely lake and the sky

My boat lets in some watta

I bet it isn't dry

apologies etc.

• Like 16

BIN day - what a pleasure to only have about 30ft. from the garage to the street in the new place, AND with the attached garage it's a doddle :)

Mrs still struggling with the anxiety, has a prescription she's just started so we're hopeful it'll help.

Question time - for those bored enough to contemplate :) 
I, along with others (still working stiffs for the most part) will set an "Out of the Office" notice when I "am". Explaining I'll get to the emails upon my return.

Q: Why do some folks set such a notice, inviting you to reach out to others for direction/answers, which you dutifully do, then PROMPTLY reply ANYWAY???

All answers are, of course, acceptable, but it just causes me to question why they bother to set the "out of the office" in the first place! :jester:

14 and lovely/sunny first thing, destined to be an exceptionally nice day with a high of only 26 and a light breeze...

:senile:

• Friendly/supportive 18