The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

. Seeing how the Clio is about to be eleven years old and would certainly have required an ever-increasing amount of maintenance, me and my girlfriend decided to replace it, sharing the cost, of course.

Our Clio is now 12 years old and has done 130000 miles. Aditi was keeping it for when Matthew passed his driving test (lessons to be started this Summer!) but it has the 1.6 litre engine and would cost a fortune for a new driver to insure. So if anything major goes wrong that isn't an economic repair she will replace it probably with a similar sized car but not sure what. I'm sure she really wants a small yellow sports car but I suspect she will select something more sensible when it comes to spending money.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Our Clio is now 12 years old and has done 130000 miles.

That sure is a difference to mine, which has clocked just shy of 17,600 miles in more or less the same timespan... :lol: As I believe you can imagine, the dealer was quite surprised when I told him!

Considering the low mileage I did on my Clio, I believe anything larger than this kind of car would really be excessive for me.

My Focus is now 12 years old and has nearly 130,000 on the clock. When I went to pay for last weekend's work on it I chuckled when I noticed the mechanic had filled in the annual mileage box as 3,000...

Brightish but not clear blue skies in Edinburgh this morning. Today's housework will be accompanied by South Africa v New Zealand on 5 Live Sports Extra.

• RMweb Premium

... I'm sure she really wants a small yellow sports car but I suspect she will select something more sensible when it comes to spending money. ...

I only gave up on sensible a few years ago. Should have done it a long time ago. Don't let the opportunity pass, it may not come again.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I only gave up on sensible a few years ago. Should have done it a long time ago. Don't let the opportunity pass, it may not come again.

Cheers

Dave

I suspect my wife may stay sensible (car related) until she retires. She has noticed some very sporty looking Clio cars though! She was not amused when I said I thought a Renault Kangoo would be a suitable replacement.

Tony

Good Saturday morning all.

Clearish and cool at 23C.

I hope some of you get some modeling done today.

Off for a haircut shortly. (No hair on head. A forest/jungle on my neck)

Where was Grdon yesterday?

I know, I too was absent.

Suffering badly Don. I have no idea how I'm going to deal with the next five weeks...:(

Spent most of the day resting up and swilling morphine. Watched most of the South Africa v New Zealand game. Not good news for SA I'm afraid,,,,:)

England today though. I just hope they can play and we get to see the best of them....

England v Wales this afternoon in football, so all in all a pretty good sport weekend with the GP as well..

Sorry to hear that Gordon! Rest up and enjoy the sport!

Looks like the silver cars might be able to give the RBRs a run for their money. (yep, I'm up for the qualifying).

Heading off to Glasgow after quali, so won't hear much of the cricket, unfortunately. That may be a mixed blessing though, given how England have played. Mind you, there have already been some upsets, so who knows...

I am very, very sorry to hear that you are having so much pain Gordon. I hope the back op works!

Ditto, Gordon. Five weeks can seem an eternity.......are you moaning (sorry) to the Doctor about the pain? I would recommend it - he may get fed up and move heaven and earth to bring it forward.

I saw a legitimate program on pain on the TV over here and one Dr. was experimenting (with some success) with sticking rare earth magnets (multiples of four) against the offending vertibrae for continuous pain.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Sky is overcast this morning, but it is dry and fairly mild. We may head to a hardware/gardening store later on as we still need some greenery for the balcony.

Hope you'll all be having a pleasant Saturday... :)

Guest Max Stafford

Sorry you're still sore Gordon. More cloud here today and a chilly north wind but still nice. So busy in the garden yesterday that the only modelling I got done yesterday was putting lining transfers on an O gauge A3 for a friend. The single lining was a nightmare and I removed it as I think I could do a better job with my lining pen which I'll attempt today.

Are we supposed to do the census form today as well?

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Gordon. I'm really sorry to hear about the back pain. I hope the sport is something of a distraction. I used to appreciate the hypnotic affects of a defensive batsman trying to save a cricket match worked for me.

Tony

Morning All,

Sorry to hear about the pain Gordon - At least the end is in sight, although those five weeks may seem like an eternity.

The weather isn't quite as good here this morning. It seems to have clouded over, but it is still reasonably warm.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, cooler than yesterday but no rain as yet! Sorry to hear you are in acute pain Gordon 5 more weeks of it must seem like an eternity. I saw yesterday on the news the Japanese nueclear workers going off to hospital behind a blue screen brave men paying the price for the men in suits.

• RMweb Gold

Following a shooting (not fatal) in Mississippi.

Washington County Chief Deputy Sheriff Billy Barber said: "Homeowners and property owners need to respect each other's property... If a dog did that in your yard, call the law. Don't take matters into your own hands."

I saw that! Definitely a Bwah! moment...........

On another slightly more serious note in New Hampshire:

A guy woke up to a noise at the front of his house and grabbed his gun - peeking out a top floor window he saw someone trying to break into his car so he opened the window and shot him dead. Upon calling the local township Police they told him not to worry because they would arrange for the body to be removed before his family woke up in the morning and then they would pop around later with a couple of forms to fill in but they didn't see any difficulty.....

New Hampshire's motto on their number plates is: "Live Free or Die!"

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure that our local constabulary would be too pleased at having to pick up dog droppings though.

I did help a police community support officer with her animal related enquiries a few years ago.(i'm sure she and her partner were on their lunchbreak). She was worried about her hamster not coming out of his nest box. The nice chap in the pet-shop was explaining about hamster care, when I asked when isn't he coming out of his nest and this turned out to be in the daytime. Once I'd explained that this was normal she went away very happy.

Tony

Morning all! Up and about and watching the F1. Think I may need a nap later as between the early morning and losing an hour I've not had much sleep!

Anyway, happy to be back onto BST for the later sunsets, be nice going for a swim after work and coming home in daylight, or maybe a bike ride after work.