The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

Could it be one of the other variants - Damned Turnstone or Blo*dy Turnstone or Effin Turnstone?

Well it's perched on a large rock so it isn't a Flipping Turnstone :jester:

• Like 3
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

And another thing.....

Train cancelled = No ball

Platform alteration = Wide 

Train diverted from scheduled route = By(e)

Ditto but with stops skipped as well = Leg bye

;)

Edited by Gwiwer
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Afternoon all, took SWMBO to the physio this morning, after me going base over apex crossing a tattie field when trying to get prime position for photographing Tornado last night, it should have been me in with the muscle strangler, I've got Grandad Bobs disease, got a sore knee.

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Gold

Mike loosing weight a our age I am told by Mr. & Mrs. Duck is a good thing I must admit loosing  a stone & 3lb I do have a bit more get up and go the new woman in my life is trimming down 

a bit so we have been lovingly encouraging each other checking the scales and measuring the waist line together. 

Turnstone don't they make tyres ?

Spent 1/2hour listening to a mechanical box at the pension company,:telephone: I found a little box on the screen which said secure messages click here DOH.  :banghead:

Slapped #rse has gone away for a few days :yahoo: better get on . Slim Fast 

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Has anyone noticed that unlike pannier tanks, all pacifics look the same.

Apart from the hideously ugly one with the inside framed rear axle.

Named I think - "Grate Bare"?

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The car is now taxed, I did do it just over a week ago but I didn't get the notification that Tony mentioned but as it was still in July the car was still showing as taxed. Luckily later this morning the DVLA site came to life and I was able to tax the car. Not a lot else to report, be back later.

• Like 14

7 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Could it be one of the other variants - Damned Turnstone or Blo*dy Turnstone or Effin Turnstone?

Not a lot of people know that one of them inspired Jeff Lynne to wright the eponymous song.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

4 hours ago, newbryford said:

Apart from the hideously ugly one with the inside framed rear axle.

Named I think - "Grate Bare"?

Not a lot of people know it got that name because the grate was right above the axle bearing which melted and ran bare.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Made arrangements to visit Mangapps tomorrow with my friend and his lad. Polly, I knew someone who had a slate patio, it was made from a couple of old snooker tables, complete with semicircles cut out of the corners for the pockets.

• Like 17

2 hours ago, AndyID said:

Not a lot of people know that one of them inspired Jeff Lynne to wright the eponymous song.

2 hours ago, AndyID said:

Not a lot of people know it got that name because the grate was right above the axle bearing which melted and ran bare.

Step awaaaay from the keyboard!  :triniti:

• Like 2
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening awl,

Just back from the MRC,  only put two coats of light blue on the inside of the lighting pelmets, chatted to a new member..  Removed some hinges and that was it. At least another coat of blue is needed.. 

Goodnight arl, as wodney rould say. 

• Like 17

Still limping, but managed a bit of muddling, one side of the fiddle yard is almost complete, going to need some more points for the other side, need to have a thunk about the bridge at the door, as it's a double door, a bit more than might be. No plans for tomorrow, but we tend to go out more in the week and stay at home at the weekend to dodge the crowds, anti-social,,,,,me?

G'night all

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Cracking game (Yorks U17 girls won).

Bach home, changed then off to Headingley.  Ewhy did I bother? Yorkshire were inept!

Mugadecaf then some sleep is due.

Goodnight  Awl!

Baz

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2