The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, TheQ said:

Sorry I don't see that at all,  I see on the twin masted boat,  a flying jib set on the bowsprit,  a gaff rigged foremain out to port,  and an aftmain luggsail set to port. The wind is from the stern quarter starboard, as indicated by the steam ships smoke and the position of the other boats sails.  That would mean the wind on the twin masted freighter being unsuitable for goose winging.. 

I'd prefer a good fart myself :biggrin_mini2:

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

The sun shone for most of the day, but as we’d had a lot of rain over the last few days, it was far too wet to do any sort of garden work. Throughout the day it looked like it would chuckinitdarn at any moment and finally the rain came about 3:30 this afternoon. It was a very short, but heavy shower and a lot of water fell in a very short time.

Isn’t it amazing what you find when your not looking for it? I was looking for some decorative beading in my wood store and found something that would be ideal for the spindles, unfortunately there wasn’t quite enough. I found enough to make 8 of the 10 spindles, so I’ll still have to buy some more wood, just not as much as I initially thought I’d need. 

After tea and a short rest I went to Salford Quays for another swim. Like Monday, the water was cool when I first got in, but I soon got used to it and managed this year’s first sub 40 minute mile, completing the distance in just under 39 minutes. It started to rain again as walked to the car park, but thankfully it wasn’t heavy this time. 

Once home and I put my bag I poured then myself a bottle of Doombar to celebrate.

Thoughts for all those living in and around Whaley Bridge. It’s a place I know well, having worked a lot in and around the area.

Goodnight all.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, TheQ said:

Sorry I don't see that at all,  I see on the twin masted boat,  a flying jib set on the bowsprit,  a gaff rigged foremain out to port,  and an aftmain luggsail set to port. The wind is from the stern quarter starboard, as indicated by the steam ships smoke and the position of the other boats sails.  That would mean the wind on the twin masted freighter being unsuitable for goose winging.. 

Looking at the picture again, I would agree with you.  It was the positioning of the crew that made me see it differently.  That will teach me!  

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

Spent the evening knee deep in a bathroom full of water, I went to have a better look at a leaking Loo touch the plastic pipe work and it came away in my hand, spent the rest of the evening repairing 

the damage and tidying up. I've a ceiling to repair when it dries out the things you do for love.:wub:

Stick with the diet Neal I've been naughty with the food last week end after loosing a stone and gained 2 Ib but managed to lose it again this week .

Finances and food shopping today must get on:superman: P. Lumber 

Edited by 81C
tpyo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and although we had rain overnight it’s almost dry out there. Breakfast has been consumed and shortly I’ll be heading off to the Trafford Centre for a few bits and pieces that we can’t get locally. My return journey will be via the butchers where I’ll pick up the weekly meat rations and hopefully a pastie for dinner. 

There are are no plans for the rest of the day, Friday is generally a relaxing day, but it doesn’t always work out that way. 

Enjoy the day, back later

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I thought I'd re-taxed the car but I didn't receive any notification and on checking my bank statement which arrived yesterday there was no sign of a deduction. I went to check on the DVLA site and its down so I don't know if the car is taxed or not, I'll have to try later. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I thought I'd re-taxed the car but I didn't receive any notification and on checking my bank statement which arrived yesterday there was no sign of a deduction. I went to check on the DVLA site and its down so I don't know if the car is taxed or not, I'll have to try later. 

I got an email with a confirmation number very soon after I paid. I did it online by credit card. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Well the joint diabolical interview went pretty well although my number this time round was 52 - but nit regarded as bad and keep taking the pill. (I take one a day, Mrs Stationmaster takes 4; I don't eat chocolate, she does).  plus a carry on losing a bit of weight please.  So after that session we duly visited the Colombian/Polish 'Italian' cafê where I consumed a 'full English' - albeit a not very full one with only one rasher and a small sausage, not large egg and lots of baked beans and some mushrooms, oh and Toad In the Hole for dinner last night.  So my dieting is not in the same league as NHN's but it does work and will be entered into more serious mode following an upcoming week on the briny. 

Not so wonderful was a new lot of staining on the kitchen ceiling indicating yet another leak of water upstairs - in teh bathroom this time.  I think I have traced it and yet again it is the breakdown of sealant - in this case round the bath but it will also mean somehow trying to get the bottom upstand off the vanity unit under the wash basin as it is at the back of that unit where the water has gone looking for a way through the floor (and the bl**dy thing won't move!!).  Mrs Stationmaster is a far from happy bunny in consequence.

Meanwhile the road is full of removal vans, or feels that way, as the neighbours over the road are moving back in as his job at the uni in Edinburgh will mainly be able to be done by remote control from next term.  They've decided they need to be back in residence as they've definitely decided to move at some date in the future so need to re-establish their residency for a few years to avoid CGT.

Have a good day one and all

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:
2 hours ago, Kingzance said:

as it is more likely to be the Ruddy Turnstone

I have always known those as just Turnstone.

Could it be one of the other variants - Damned Turnstone or Blo*dy Turnstone or Effin Turnstone?

Edited by Dave Hunt
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 15