The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Sun shining but expected to turn wet later and Arthur Itis is in agreement. I think I'll go back to bed.

Edited by PhilJ W
Fat finger syndrome.
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare,

Normal sleep patterns for me 5.5 hours of broken sleep , followed by 2 hours semi dozing on the sofa..

Ben The Border Collie returned from being a Scare-dy collie this morning, and charged around the garden happily, he then didn't want to go back to the house, when I approached him to say he must, he did an impression of that photo of Kerry..

One cockwomble this morning, as I slowed to exit the NDR, slightly slower than than Normal due to a Mamil on his bicycle, a golf decided this old land rover was going too slow overtook and then realised the bicycle was there and jammed himself in between me and the bike..  35 year old landrovers need a lot to stop them, I got very close to his Boot...  The cyclist carried on and the golf turned left as I did..

One major systen has finished it's run, but there are 3 sections I'm going to have to rerun, that's about 3 hours work.  The other system is progressing slowly but OK..

Time to....  Check the company spam..

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Apparently 'No More Nails' takes 24hrs to set fully. Hmm, it's had 12, so the wall plugs are not fully set, but are tight enough to allow the riser rail to be re-mounted to a sufficient rigidity. I've also applied NMN to the joints in the rail, to stiffen the whole thing up.

We shall see how it all looks this evening, before I depart for the walking football kickabout.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Best wishes to Chris on your annual trip to Sidmouth, don’t forget to leave enough space in the car for all the new CDs that you are likely to buy.

Brian

• Like 9
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Gold

Just had an email from Google ( allegedly) asking me to confirm my security email address.

It had this little gem in it:20190730_081054.jpg.d91e0bfda8d813ad03b96297beb789aa.jpg

Worried about clicking links? Then click this link....

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 14

9 minutes ago, 88C said:

Best wishes to Chris on your annual trip to Sidmouth, don’t forget to leave enough space in the car for all the new CDs that you are likely to buy.

Brian

Easier said than done but thanks for the thought!

Chris

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is once again in the sky and shining, according to the forecasts, it won’t last. Sainsbury’s Grand Prix will shortly be undertaken and on the way I’ll drop Sheila off to get her hand therapy done. Later this afternoon my cousin is dropping in to see us. It will be nice to see her as we haven’t met up for a couple of years so there will be a lot of catching up to do. 

Back later. 

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Just had an email from Google ( allegedly) asking me to confirm my security email address.

It had this little gem in it:20190730_081054.jpg.d91e0bfda8d813ad03b96297beb789aa.jpg

Worried about clicking links? Then click this link....

I keep getting reminders that the credit limit on my Argos account has been raised, only thing is I don't have an Argos account.

• Like 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold

Hello all.

I didn’t get round to doing the lawn mowing yesterday, I did it this morning along with the neighbour’s front lawn. I finished just as it started raining. I think the plan was to do the gardening and then go for a walk at the RHS Hyde Hall gardens. However unless it stops raining I think perhaps we will just stay at home. 

Tony

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Got an internal one from the company this morning.. "your annual pay rise has been confirmed"... "please fill in this form to confirm your bank details"

Our pay rises were confirmed  back in March, and issued from the 1st APR...

• Like 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Only drizzle. Lucky you. It's been wanging down here this morning.

The sun shines on the righteous as they say :jester:

• Funny 13

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday I managed to complete the last few nightly bits of cladding above and below the shed windows bit today is wet so been working on 73202 etc inside.

Now in Croydon visiting a few pubs that I haven't been in for many years before meeting an ex work colleague I haven't seen for over a year in another good pub but which also serves Wifebeater which he drinks like water. Ale range is also the best in the area so we should all be happy.

20190730_153851.jpg

20190730_154120.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Yesterday I managed to complete the last few nightly bits of cladding above and below the shed windows bit today is wet so been working on 73202 etc inside.

Now in Croydon visiting a few pubs that I haven't been in for many years before meeting an ex work colleague I haven't seen for over a year in another good pub but which also serves Wifebeater which he drinks like water. Ale range is also the best in the area so we should all be happy.

20190730_153851.jpg

20190730_154120.jpg

Not been in either of these establishments for years.  Used to (about 45 years ago) frequent the Builders, when it was one of only six pubs serving ESB on hand pump, at the time that Fullers were trying to move to top pressure or keg.  My other favourite was the Dog and Bull in Surrey Street, but I really don't like Youngs Special any more - far too sweet, and a bit bland - when I first drank it in 1973, it was really bitter and characterful.

Afternoon All

Generic greetings from a thundery village near Lancaster,

Back tomorrow

Regards To All

Stewart

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
Just now, 45156 said:

Not been in either of these establishments for years.  Used to (about 45 years ago) frequent the Builders, when it was one of only six pubs serving ESB on hand pump, at the time that Fullers were trying to move to top pressure or keg.  My other favourite was the Dog and Bull in Surrey Street, but I really don't like Youngs Special any more - far too sweet, and a bit bland - when I first drank it in 1973, it was really bitter and characterful.

Afternoon All

Generic greetings from a thundery village near Lancaster,

Back tomorrow

Regards To All

Stewart

They still have ESB on here and that was going to be my first choice till I saw Sticky Wicket but wish I had gone for ESB. I know what you mean about Youngs beers. We now rarely visit our local Youngs pub as they stopped serving Meamtime Brewery Yakima Red, a craft beer that was way better than the ales they serve. Tend to avoid the Dog and Bull for the same reason but the Green Dragon at the top of Surrey Street is very good. It used to be a bank so you probably wont know it. It is where we are meeting later.

• Like 15