The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Message for Neil - Phil Parker has been to Fraggle Rock and visited the Isle of Man Motor Museum.

Interesting report here http://philsworkbench.blogspot.com/2019/07/isle-of-man-motor-museum.html and he has a lot of photos on his Flickr site.

Looks a fascinating place to visit and the Rock is on a long list of possible holiday destinations.

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

I've caught up and all posts have been read and rated,  John, I hope that Sandy gets out soon, and the your holiday can be resumed,  Rick, hope the sleep study proves helpful,  As for me, I had one of the worst nights for some time - felt really lousy yesterday with a rotten stomach (both ways), and took to my bed for half an hour - fell asleep and an hour and a half later, 30747 was calling me to get up.  Then still felt lousy, and was abed by half past nine,  Awake at 1.30, 2.30 when neighbour's son went home noisily, back to sleep about 3.15, then Lily got us me up at 4 to go into the garden to throw up,  Got back to sleep about 5, then 30747 got up around 7.  So am now still having a lie in, but about to get up,

Back later.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Friendly/supportive 19

51 minutes ago, southern42 said:

' Morning all from red dragon land.

Rain predicted for yesterday seems to have fallen by the wayside.  We will see.

Enjoy your day.

Polly

Ah! That explains the largeish puddle beside the way! :jester:

• Like 3
  • Funny 15

Up at 0245 for a rather unsatisfactory taxi transfer to Norwich International Airport. Shan’t use THAT company again... sushi and green tea at the (largely) remodelled Schiphol. 

Now awaiting boarding at possibly the most remote part of the airport I’ve ever visited. No Victoria’s Secret or twee, overpriced souvenirs down here, just a scattering of (mostly) men in khakis, t-shirts and check shirts which bear the stigmata of too many ships’ laundries. 

Back in harness and to tell the truth, I’m quite enjoying it 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Mawningawl,

Persistindarn here too, hope John and Sandy don’t have to face bad driving conditions. As for Mr Hunt, I now have a Sgt Pepper track running round my head - “she came in through the bathroom window...” The curry that was made to her request last night appears to have been poorly received, “too much chilli” was her verdict. Looks like I may be producing gammon steak with broad beans and underformed spuds tonight but who knows. She did at least make me a muggertea to sip in bed whilst I read up on the state of th eWorld according to various journos - many of whose views I cannot share. Sometimes I wonder why I continue to subscribe to a newspaper.

As SWMBO is yet to come darnstares - she is still rinsing away her sins of yesterday in the shower - I cannot inform fellow ERs what is on today’s cards, save that I hope to watch some action from a puddle-strewn racing circuit by the side of an Autobahn a bit south of Mannheim. Meanwhile, a first large Brazilian refreshment of the day beckons...

Best wishes to those suffering or celebrating. Drive safely one and all, arriving late is better than never arriving.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It has stopped raining but I expect it will start again soon. We are off to Enfield to have lunch with Aditi’s sister. MiL will be there too.

Nothing else planned, I have finished the decorating in the utility room. I remembered (was reminded) to stain the tiny amount of skirting board. I did remember all on my own that the lampshade needed refitting. 

Have a good day.

Tony  

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Despite having missed out on all the extreme heat recently,  we are also missing out on the downpours too.

A nice amble to the shop this morning to fetch paper & fresh bread, I'm now sorting the 'tools/household' area of the garage with the door wide open and a warm breeze circulating.

When John & Sandy do return, it should be mostly pleasant. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

His 500cc bike engines make over 300bhp at the back wheel. Yes. 300. They aren't allowed front brakes by the way, they would just lock up on the loose salt surface.  They have brakes fitted for transit, then the calipers are removed on the salt.

My 750cc bike chucks out about 100bhp and that is more than enough for this old git to handle in the dry and on oil-free tarmac WITH front brakes although yes, touching the front anchors at the sort of speeds that bike would achieve and on a salt bed is probably suicidal. Sadly, KZ is still suffering with a dodgy hip so not riding and is presently withstanding pressure from SWMBO to get rid of it!

I hope Aditi is able to enjoy her family lunch with the (improving?) arm Tony, must be nice not being the recipient of clips around the "luggoles". As to the rest of youse, stay calm and dry.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

KZ, as you will realise the bikes are turbocharged, and have 'significantly' upgraded conrods and other rotating and reciprocating parts!  Ported heads and a very clever oil pump mod too, Chris is very innovative (totally self taught) and they use a very sophisticated fuel injection system - lot of laptop time spent on it all.  They also use intercooling via an ice tank!  Of course they only have to run for a few minutes, 5 miles pass quickly at 200+mph.  When the first engine was run on a dyno, the operator couldn't believe his eyes and deleted the run and did it again - with virtually identical outcome. 

Two of the other riders also hold records at Bonneville, but the whole team were tainted by two different members embezzling funds in 2017, who are now at Her Maj's leisure for said acts. Oh good.  Wonder if they will feature on the programme on C4 next Wednesday about our prison!

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Another fully signed up member of the lie-in club here but if I want tea in bed I have to get up and make it myself. A bit grey overhead and a lot cooler, and more importantly a lot less humidity making it far more comfortable. Hope Sandy is out of clink soon and C&C's to all that require them, be back later.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Another member of the Sunday lie-in club here. Just finished muggertea No2 and about to head to the workshop. Despite the fact that it has only just stopped raining, the ground is far too wet for any sort of gardening activity, well that’s my excuse anyway, I’m sure I’ll find something to do in there. 

BTW. She came in through the bathroom window is from “Abbey Road” not Sg Pepper. 

Back later. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

the sun has just appeared Up early doing laundry  will make another start on the garage Lazy #ow hasn't bothered to show so her stuff will go in the skip I've

been waiting all week end enough is enough.

I hope you all enjoy today think of me toiling in the garage flattening her stuff to go in the Hippo skip .:spiteful:

P Edoff 

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, 81C said:

Morning All

the sun has just appeared Up early doing laundry  will make another start on the garage Lazy #ow hasn't bothered to show so her stuff will go in the skip I've

been waiting all week end enough is enough.

I hope you all enjoy today think of me toiling in the garage flattening her stuff to go in the Hippo skip .:spiteful:

P Edoff 

I'm quite sure your going to enjoy putting her stuff in the skip.

• Agree 13

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

She came in through the bathroom window is from “Abbey Road” not Sg Pepper. 

Sorry, it's an age thing with me! That doesn't stop the song spinning round my head either :D

• Like 4
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Coincidentally, I spotted this on Mrs mole's FB feed;

67309028_2254019831314366_7699195169794424832_n.jpg.298f4aa79345f698357131a6c87fd52a.jpg

Sunny again here but one i not enjoying it.  In recent years I have begun to suffer from hay fever and currently have very sore, inflamed and runny eyes and a runny nose. As i spend a lot of time on the PC or reading I'm struggling a bit.  Alterative pursuits available today are gardening (strimming and mowing), which I will avoid, and sweeping the hall floor to put down a new runner, which I can't avoid. I may employ Henry rather than sweep.

Pleased to hear Sandy's op was a success, and hope she and John can soon get back to their holiday.

Have a good day all, and stay cool and/or dry, depending on your local weather.

Pete

• Like 5
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

I'm now sorting the 'tools/household' area of the garage with the door wide open and a warm breeze circulating.

Which of course turned into visiting the local d-i-y emporia to find a replacement shower riser pole, as SWMBO presented me with the remains of the current one earlier.. 

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

It's actually sunny here.   SWMBO is busy making Cherry Brandy and I've just earned some short lived brownie points by hanging a mirror.  

P edoff, just be careful not to chuck her in the skip.   I did once have to deal with a drunken lady of the street who ended up at the cleansing depot in the back of a bin lorry, totally spark out and not wearing a lot.

Jamie

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold

The evil one turned up and said I want to speak to me her first work was a shout my second word was off  got the usual triad of abuse it need putting down like a sick horse.  

• Friendly/supportive 13