The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

My neighbours have some built in ac units. For their dogs.

Tony

We don't have A/C and last night Shona our Scottie seemed to be having a bit of a panic attack because of the heat. She finally calmed down when we draped a wet towel over her back.

Much more pleasant here today. Some small clouds, 24C and a light breeze.

• Friendly/supportive 19

1 hour ago, BSW01 said:

below is a photo of said cheesecake

Someone must have eaten the rest of it while you weren't looking. ;)

I can't see it - unless it's a white cheesecake on a white plate on a white tablecloth.

EDIT:

Looks delicious!

Edited by Ozexpatriate
After Brian added photo to post.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

We went to the Cherry Hut today for Dayle's birthday; a day late but Wednesday   Is when they have the cherry pork that she likes.  Her cousin was with us. She fell last winter--broke a wrist and damaged a knee. We worried about the knee's swelling since we came. Today she saw a doctor and had 80 cc of liquid drained from it.  Her daughter came over later and we tried to explain Brexit and parliamentry government to her.  (We are in Michigan.) 

signed L. U. Minimum Foyle

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

NE Herts is no different to other parts of England, hot, hotter and hottest. At least it is too hot to mow here without the risk of the cut grass subsequently scorching. Daughter and SIL taking their brood off to Turkey early tomorrow, they enjoyed it last year (during our heatwave) and didn’t want to risk a bad summer here. Guess who will be mowing their estate in addition to installing sacrificial anodes in their domestic water systems.

Nearest builder’s site radio (only operates with volume control in excess of 10/10ths) blasting out Luvvin Spoonful’s 60’s hit “Summer in the city”. I thought they only had planning permission for 78 Jerry-built, overpriced hutches, nobody mentioned a city.

Tomorrow KZ has to prepare former house for multiple potential buyer viewings on Saturday. This will involve more than 100 miles of round trip in air conditioning, even if the operation of various power and manual tools will be under the midday sun. I need to get back in time for our monthly farmers’ market as my meat farming lady has a few choice cuts for me. Today may be spent building up reserves for tomorrow’s expenditure. I shall now sign off paraphrasing GDB’s moniker of the day:

Hairy A£sed of Herts

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

hot and sunny been out to move the car the estate agents want to do fresh photos of the front of the house  the agent was here last night and the evil one tried to make me

look a fool until I told HER S T F U Her was shocked, agent smirked, ITS got even more evil, :girldevil: a nasty thing she knows about my lover the looks from her said it all she oozed jealousy  .

Lunch date call off it's too hot to drive 100 miles sit and bake then drive back 

I've have made 2 lady railway friends one in Bristol and one in Huddersfield, I'm trying to set a date for Temple Meads to Kingswear run 

Must dash the message alert on the mobile is going potty :superman:P.U. Tingitabout :D

• Like 16