The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Not sure what flavour of Indian they speak but the name on the van says "Singh the King." Of course there is always the possibility that their English is better than mine!

Just been watching a builders merchant delivery of timber, aggregates  and insulation (Interested as that was my former career).  Don't know what firm (no name on lorry) but I do know that if any of my former drivers had seen the antics of this guy and his Hiab they would probably  have died laughing. I think it would have been quicker to offload by hand. Like what we did in the good old days.......:yes::whistle:

Singh would tend to suggest Sikh so Aditi could have a chat in Punjabi. Aditi’s family are Hindu Punjabis but it is the same language. 

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

G'day all,

And very positive thoughts in the direction of John and Sandy.  The thunder and lightning sort of passed our way last night although the playback weather radar suggests the main storm was even further south than I thought it was - must have been a humdinger although we had one overhead thunderclap here, and lots of lovely rain to help the weeds grow even taller (the stinging nettles down in the jungle are already about 8 feet tall).  I am instructed to visit Tesco for various things some of which are foodstuffs (despite being told we had stocked up for the week yesterday :huh::unsure:) so it will be another day of dicing with loony drivers and kamikaze pedestrians shortly.

It is awful hot outside so apart from heading down there I shall be spending a day indoors with a cooling fan running close at hand.

Have a good day everybody

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Reached 26C in the lab today, I was running 100Amps though...the men haven't looked at the A/C today like they were promising to..

I've just worked out the next two months Schedule for the major systems, One is due while I'm on Holiday, and there is no chance of doing it the week before (Next week) as I already have two major systems that week.. So they will have to do without or fill in the necessary begging forms to extend the cal..

I'm now sorting through the minor Items lists to make sure none of those turn up while away or the next three weeks ..I'll be starting cal'ing  them in the morning, sensitive to temperature stuff first, while it's cool, current shunts later..

The little white ventilated box out on Norwich Airport is reporting it's 31 C out there... Guess who's forgotton to leave the car windows open a bit...

Orders to pick up on the way home include Ice cream, I think when I get to the Tes and CO cupboard it might be bare..

Tes and Co's chilled cabinets At Stalham have plastic strips of sheet on them trying to keep them cool... Well if they park a 40 ft container alongside the Fridge /freezer radiator fans, trapping them  between two walls and the container in a U that is south facing what do they expect?

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning , I mean afternoon , I mean whatever, all.

Hottest day for a while, forecast even hotter tomorrow, and I am gloss painting for my son and partner in their ‘new’ house.  I’m guessing it’s a good while since it was last painted and it is taking some rescuing.  I don’t mind really, stick ClassicFM on and it’s quite therapeutic.  Apart from the heat.

I’ll try one of those fancy sign offs.

Pud  L.  Ovsweat.

• Like 10
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Just a quick visit to offer my belated virtual support to Sandy and John - so sorry to hear that news, and to Aditi and Tony.  Also great to have Debs back among out number - a long break since April.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 10
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, BoD said:

Morning , I mean afternoon , I mean whatever, all.

Hottest day for a while, forecast even hotter tomorrow, and I am gloss painting for my son and partner in their ‘new’ house.  I’m guessing it’s a good while since it was last painted and it is taking some rescuing.  I don’t mind really, stick ClassicFM on and it’s quite therapeutic.  Apart from the heat.

I’ll try one of those fancy sign offs.

Pud  L.  Ovsweat.

I should be painting but decided to do some filling instead. Polyfilla seems to set very quickly at the moment. The wall painting I was going to do can wait until later today when it may be a bit cooler. 

• Like 17

It has cooled down here, a lot. Low temp last night was 12C. I might limp down to the boat and run the bilge pump to remove the rain water from last night but then again I might not.

If you are sufficiently bored you might take a peek at the common return thread. But be prepared to duck pdq. Lots of complete sh!te flying around ;)

(Exits stage left muttering "there is no hope")

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Too hot to do anything today, still 27.5 degrees indoors.

5 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Looks like England are doing well at Lords.....     :banghead:

Just trying to give the Aussies a false sense of security.:jester:

• Funny 12

• RMweb Gold

I think I am in the same state as BoD. I think the diluting fluid has dropped straight out just leaving the ethanol behind. I was hoping to finish the utility room today but one wall remains to do. It is mainly wall units so won't take long but I was so tired I was starting to make mistakes. As I finished I said I would start dinner but Aditi said she had done it. Apparently she wrapped her cast in cling film to keep it clean. Her Californian resident uncle rang to see how she was. He was very positive about her injury. He is one of those people who has broken or worn out nearly every bone and joint. 

Tony

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Thread frustration.

I was looking at a thread where a guy had chopped bits off O Gauge Peco Setrack points to narrow the track centres - and can I find it now?  Bah.  The search function is useless..... anyone any idea of its title please?

• Friendly/supportive 13

After reading all these sorry tales abut the current heat wave, possibly an investment in a house A/C would be an idea, especially as 'they' say it will get worse over the years.  I remember when it first appeared in cars in the UK and for a while all I heard from friends back home was " we don't need it over here"!  No doubt there are few without it nowadays.

Brian.

• Like 11
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, brianusa said:

After reading all these sorry tales abut the current heat wave, possibly an investment in a house A/C would be an idea, especially as 'they' say it will get worse over the years.  I remember when it first appeared in cars in the UK and for a while all I heard from friends back home was " we don't need it over here"!  No doubt there are few without it nowadays.

Brian.

My neighbours have some built in ac units. For their dogs.

Tony

• Like 2
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2