The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

image.png.fbfbb9f689d5ceb3d75ee3056fae999a.png

Sorry couldn't resist.

If it is a baseboard flap, will it be a rising flap or falling flap?

Is that a baby Hippo flap?

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

image.png.fbfbb9f689d5ceb3d75ee3056fae999a.png

Sorry couldn't resist.

If it is a baseboard flap, will it be a rising flap or falling flap?

I was thinking of a rising one until you said that and puzzling over the best way to fit the hinges.  :scratchhead:   A falling one would seem to make that easier or am I talking rubbish as usual?  :yes:

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Mornin' all; a bit soggy here, no doubt welcomed by those for whom gardening is a thing.  Here, renewed growth is something else to prune, hack or strim.  Thunder is forecast for this evening. good job it wasn't last evening as I attended a Morris dance-out deep in the countryside on the Wiltshire border near Downton, at The Cuckoo Inn, Hampworth, a small, unspoilt county pub.  I was looking forward to some good Hop Back ale until I saw their list of still ciders....  I chose not to try Gladiator though, at 8.4%.  Chris might like to know that our driver had recently been to see Grace Petrie and had her CD.

Happy Birthday to Baz.

Have a good day, stay dry,

Pete

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I was thinking of a rising one until you said that and puzzling over the best way to fit the hinges.  :scratchhead:   A falling one would seem to make that easier or am I talking rubbish as usual?  :yes:

If you fit a falling flap, you can fix a gate underneath it.  This both supports the flap, and prevents inbeciles forgetting to use the flap properly and trying to crawl underneath it.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

I must have slept well last night as I woke up convinced it was Saturday. Perhaps because we had fish and chips for dinner last night. We collected them after I picked Aditi up at the station after her walking tour of Kings Cross and some of St Pancras. 

It is now raining here, although the weather apps insist that it has been since 10 am.

I will look in the Court Announcements in the paper to check for official recognition of Baz’s Birthday. Will it be the British Umpire Medal? Anyway it did make Facebook announcements this morning so Happy Birthday Baz. 

Tony 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

Greetings all from a rainy LBG.

I remember weather forecasts using degrees centrigrade rather than Celsius - with translation to Fahrenheit because that's what people were used to.

Not a lot to report from here - but Younger Lurker finishes school today, so there will be a takeaway to celebrate.

Have a good weekend all

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

The local secondary school finishes today but the primary schools finish next Wednesday. I expect the junior school child next door will be letting me know that it isn’t fair that her older sisters will be at home when she still has to go to school. Aditi and I are good listeners. It wouldn’t matter if we were not as we would be told anyway. 

Our other neighbours have departed for Wales. Their daughter works in a school that has different holidays to her children so they have set off to be helpful. There was some trepidation as the journey (in a 4 year old Range  Rover) has been frequently interrupted by breakdowns. The local dealer assures them that there is nothing wrong with the vehicle even if they have had to be rescued by Land Rover Assistance. I feel bad because I recommended the dealership to them. 

Tony

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Anyone else looked at the graphics above the entry bar on Google today and thought...

Why have they put gigolo there?

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Barry Oliver BUM

It has a certain ring to it

Careful I know a man who still has a 72T green and black tracked vehicle which does serious damage to hippos if required....:lol:

Baz

• Like 3
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Mud, mud, glorious mud..................................

Now where is the Obergrumpenfuhrer's collection of Panzerfaust?

When we went on the off road Land Rover experience Aditi was enjoying it so much, the instructor turned off all the traction aids. We did have the muddiest vehicle (fortunately not our own) at the end of the afternoon. 

Tony

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all

I'm down to a weekly visit at the moment busy with the ladies next up is Sunday could prove interesting Eastern European, lovely blonde hair, lives near GDB so I will be in the Sutton area

in the afternoon my Saturday date got cold feet not fussed was a bit on the thin side it was going to be a hotel lunch so I've saved a few bob, several ladies to make their mind up for coffee next week and next Friday I'm on sleep-over in Saltdean Sussex this one is looking for an instant mate, not a bad looker spent most of the lunch time talking on the phone I'd be happy to get off down there and leave the Shite for HER to sort out here.

Ill bid you all good day and enjoy the week end.   Juan Sheet 

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 4

7 hours ago, newbryford said:

HB Baz.

Concerning the Railway Modeller and measurements.

I haven't bought RM for a good number of years, but it always p*ssed me off that it wasn't printed in a standard A4 size, like the other mags of the time. Therefore, it wouldn't stack easily in my magazine store of choice - an A4 printer paper box.

Is it A4 now?

Cheers,

Mick

Think that area of the country's still on Letter and Foolscap. A4 hasn't reached them yet :jester:

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Car passed its MOT with no notifications, not bad for an 11 year old car. Only took a couple of hours to service and test it, I got home and only just taken my coat off when they rang to say it was ready. I'd just had time between dropping the car off and getting home to have a haircut and pop into Smiffs for the latest Back Track.

9 hours ago, TheQ said:

During the week, the metal framework partion between the old lab and the old boiler room was installed, plaster boarded, the skimmed over with particular attention  to nice square edges to the doorway..

Today day the door men have arrived....

They've just taken an angle grinder to the doorway....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyeMFSzPgGc

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 12

Evening all, another quiet day, two on the trot can't be bad, off to meet the daughter and family so the quiet will be shattered by a four year old whirlwind and his big brother, both of whom are actually little treasures when not fighting each other. Gave the car a severe cleaning ready for the trip south, probably get a few extra on the mpg now all the sand and gravel from beaches and hill's has been removed, not sure the vacuum will ever work the same again though lol. A bit more muddling done,quite a lot of ballasting done and even more bits of it remove from parts of points it should not be in, quite pleased with how its going.

G'night all.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Much of the US is experiencing very high temperatures at the moment but not here. It's quite cool for this time of year. I had to put on sweater.

We went to the local farmers market on Saturday and bought a French butter dish made by a local lady potter. It seems to work very well.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, AndyID said:

Much of the US is experiencing very high temperatures at the moment but not here. It's quite cool for this time of year. I had to put on sweater.

We went to the local farmers market on Saturday and bought a French butter dish made by a local lady potter. It seems to work very well.

Yes very much nicer temperature in Portland than we had in Salt Lake City and apparently what it is back home but we don't need a sweater here, just another pint. Keeping Portland Weird is this collection of trolleys in West Coast Grocery Brewery

20190719_121419.jpg

• Like 17