The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Day 2 of my days off, and I'm still here, though I'll be offline after today until the weekend. Late on parade as 30747 and I had to go out clothes hunting again, as she is having no luck at all in finding the right outfit for the coming family weddings.

It's cracking here today, the outside thermometer is reading over 70OF but I suspect that it's measuring a pocket of warm air. There's a big yellow thing and lots of blue stuff as well, though the forecast is for a colder snap at the weekend.

I really don't like modern cars all that much - give me the days when a mini had dry suspension (ie pre hydrolastic) and about 1275cc of engine with plugs, distributor, and two Webber carbs sitting atop - the hardest job was to get the carbs balanced, but with a bit of nouse, you could do almost everything yourself with a good set of spanners or sockets, a few screwdrivers, a feeler gauge, and a Haynes manual. Nowadays, just about the only thing I can do myself is to fill up the screenwash reservoir and blow up the tyres.

Gordon good news about your surgery - let's just hope that you get in there soon, and that the procedure is effective and gives relief.

I'll check in again on Sunday.

Regards to All

Stewart

MiL alert!

Just had a 'phone call.

An intruder has been in their front garden and planted some plants under their Magnolia tree.

The Magnolia tree is in full bud and they've obviously done this to detract from the beauty of the tree.

As there are very similar plants in their back garden I shan't be calling the police just yet.

Strewth.

• RMweb Gold

Just had a look at the budget news and I see the price of petrol at the pump will go down by 1p from 6pm.

Where I live they are queueing to fill up before the 6pm deadline.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks all, I appreciate your kind comments! biggrin.gif

I was thinking that having an off tune piano might add to the effect. I do have a keyboard which I use when I want to learn new songs. However I love the sound of the piano, even if it is out of tune! If I can, I will try and get it tuned in the not-too-distant future. Glad you all enjoyed it anyway. cool.gif

Well today was my B'mouth uni interview. Even though I am a few points short of the normal minimum limit, they are seriously considering giving me an offer! Things are suddenly looking much better - and adding to the beautiful weather I am in a really good mood!

• RMweb Gold

Well today was my B'mouth uni interview. Even though I am a few points short of the normal minimum limit, they are seriously considering giving me an offer! Things are suddenly looking much better - and adding to the beautiful weather I am in a really good mood!

We were told at a few university visits that standard offers are just that, they offer some candidates lower offers (or even higher offers in some cases!) as a result of interviews. Matthew was only formally interviewed at one place (and got the standard offer) but he did attend all the open days for the places he really wanted to go to. If your grade in the A level subject to the degree subject is good it seemed to help if something else was a bit lower. You will be doing well this year getting offers lower than the standard as so many people are applying before the fee increases. (ie not taking a pre uni gap year)

Evening All,

Good news Jam - Fingers crossed! I can't really offer much advice on University entrance because I am sure a lot has changed since "my day". I started at Middlesex Polytechnic - although I graduated from Middlesex University :lol:.

Another piece of good news, my Mini passed its TÃœV - I'm well pleased, I only got one advisory and that was because the front seat was missing. Personally, I find that a little bit idiotic because any moron can see that the front seat is missing, and it doesn't need an advisory. I took it out to get my bike in, so I could cycle home from the garage! Even the bloke at the garage was shaking his head and muttering darkly about the tester.

Have a good evening everyone...

Another piece of good news, my Mini passed its TÃœV - I'm well pleased, I only got one advisory and that was because the front seat was missing. Personally, I find that a little bit idiotic because any moron can see that the front seat is missing, and it doesn't need an advisory. I took it out to get my bike in, so I could cycle home from the garage! Even the bloke at the garage was shaking his head and muttering darkly about the tester.

My grandfather was a vicar, and my father can remember getting a visit from the Bishop of Whitby (it was either Whitby or Jarrow, can't remember, but it doesn't really matter), who was an extremely tall chap who drove a Mini... from the back seat. He'd removed the driver's seat and sat on the back seat to drive.

• RMweb Gold

Just heard that my cousin, who took a well deserved early retirement last year and was diagnosed with cancer just three weeks ago, passed away today. Life can be a bitch - as many of us on here already know.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

BoD – my sincere condolences to you and your family. Losing somebody close to you certainly is especially bad when you know they still had plans... :(

For what it's worth, weather looks sunny once again, though Saturday may be partially rainy and cooler by a few degrees.

Have a good day everyone...

Morning All,

Sorry to hear your news BoD - sometimes life seems to be very unfair, and it is at times like this that we are reminded just how fragile life can be.

It is a lovely Spring morning here - with blue sky, and there was a fantastic sunrise earlier.

I am not tall enough to need to drive my Mini from the back seat!

Have a good day everyone...

Pffst! Fat chance; it's still snowing here in Gotham....not too much on the ground though, diggable by hand.....

Sorry to hear of your cousin BoD......people are falling away from me like leaves. Make the most of your time on Earth.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

We too have blue sky and sun here but it isn't very warm yet.

Not too sure what I'll be doing today, I suspect starting to get things ready for visitors on Sunday.

Tony