The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I'm feeling happy (and Grumpy's getting jealous!)

Achieved more in one afternoon than I had planned, but failed so to do, in 5 days leave!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Coombe Barton said:

Rohan's the only range I've found that do shorts 'my' length.

Just as well you got your piles sorted then.

• Like 2
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, BoD said:

I needed some new shorts last year as my waist size had increased. I spent ages trying to get ones that were not short shorts. 8” inside leg would be nowhere near tickling my knees.  

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, BoD said:

Oooh Matron!

We have only three grandchildren to care for tonight. Eldest boy and girl are with mates. My bulk culinary skills weren't needed after all so I concentrated on photography at the village summer fair. The Scouts entries were varied, basic to excellent as my fellow judge noted. We agreed on both the winner and the runner up so all was good. The public vote didn't quite go as we indicated however, although their winner was 3rd equal in our judgement and their second was our winner. Numerous photos taken and need to be weeded down to the few "official" ones for the village's magazine. Blood pressure a little lower tonight, but then again I have done a fair bit of walking and avoided the lure of C2H5OH.

Tomorrow we are off to the Reading area to meet up with a family we once lived in close proximity to. Their elder daughter and our daughter were and have remained good friends. This of course will compromise an already difficult day for watching sport with events from Lords, Silverstone and some outdoor ping-pong event coinciding with that visit. I am sure I will be allowed to record one but not both so I suspect Cricket will win and GP will be via catch-up when we get home.

Must now put a couple of bottles of bubbly to chill for the morrow and prepare for the sleep of the just until awoken at the crack of sparrowfart by demanding grandkids. Peaceful and pain-free night to you all.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I keep my knees covered. "The Knee" is not a pretty sight what with the various scars and swelling.

My knees prefer to hide behind the fabric of pantaloons too. It is rare to catch an exposed KZ patella.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

Mixed day. weather and achievement wise. walked a good bit but as it was shopping based that took the edge off the pleasure!  Blood sugars under fairly good control today, beginning to get a handle on it now my spreadsheet (but I'm not a spreadsheet king!) is starting to show what foods are my nemesis. Spuds, mostly, but gosh this is a complicated condition.  But no train time at all, or motorbike time either other than looking at a BMW K1200 for a friend.  Very tidy, hope he buys it.

F1 Qualy didn't produce the expected result, which was good.  Hopes rise for a decent race tomorrow.  edit - Wombledon didn't either, but it was a good result!

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold
On 12/07/2019 at 10:37, PhilJ W said:

This has largely been displaced by oilseed rape, the bright yellow plant ... very attractive to bees  who are attracted to yellow and purple flowering plants.

Unfortunately oil-seed rape is a real 'hay-fever' problem for me but thankfully in our nearby area this year there is none.

Peter

• Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold

Ah temptation lurks near Reading for KZ tomorrow, just scroll down this lot (it'll probably get Ian (Roundhouse) on an express flight back from the USofA if he sees it :blink:

https://www.woodcoterally.org.uk/discover/

This evening the pestival sound has reached us - Bjorn Again have been rather loud.  Good Abba songs of course but the female signer was somewhat off tune according to my technical advisor (I just thought said singer sounded a bit screechy).  His ladship might catch the tale of end of it as he will no doubt be on a train arriving shortly having spent most of the day pursuing various ales in Kent.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Well my viewing is planned for tomorrow, cricket, cricket and more cricket. As for shorts, I haven't worn them for what must be 40 years. Just watched a brief youtube item on Stowe Maries airfield, must pay them a visit, its some years  since I last visited (7?) and they seem to have made quite a few improvements.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

:wub:                               :wub:                                  :wub:                                      :wub:                                                                                                                        :spiteful:

Evening all

I've got a lady keen on me  phone me up and whispered sweet nothing for an hour an absolute darling, a date Wednesday for coffee and other things she says she can't wait, won't need a blue pill 

it's up already . :superman: I.M Wellard

• Like 13
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well I never actually got to clean the patio, but I did however fill the wheelbarrow twice! I also managed to do the small amount of weeding in the front garden as well as dead heading the rose that’s growing by the front door. The plan for tomorrow is to clean down the patio and then make good anything that requires it. I’ve already noticed a couple of bits that I’m not happy with, but considering the area covered is about 12.5sqm that’s not too bad.

Goodnight all 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Kingzance said:

My knees prefer to hide behind the fabric of pantaloons too. It is rare to catch an exposed KZ patella.

An exposed patella would be extremely worrying! Where's the skin gone from in front of it? ;)

• Agree 5
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Ah temptation lurks near Reading for KZ tomorrow, just scroll down this lot (it'll probably get Ian (Roundhouse) on an express flight back from the USofA if he sees it :blink:

https://www.woodcoterally.org.uk/discover/

Sounds good but we are in a brewery in Vancouver WA that has a tap take over by NW Passage brewery so I think I know where we will try to finish tonight but Windsor and Eton is a very good brewery with their own pub just over the river into Eton from Windsor. Their black IPA is superb.

A superb wall painted sign in this brewery and very apt for me these days

IMG-20190713-WA0012.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 13
  • Funny 3