The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I spoke too soon, the van is back again but at least theres no sign of the car that parks on the pavement opposite my drive. I do know that complaints have been made about it and one chap was taking pics of it so hopefully the authorities will be coming down on the driver. At the weekend I purchased a strange 009 wagon. Its basically a garden shed and a large barrel mounted on a wagon chassis so presumably it was some sort of water carrier. The strange bit is that the end of the barrel has a small window installed complete with shutters. Its not a home made concoction as the inner packaging is shed/barrel shaped. It is made by Lilliput and the end is marked Fasslwagen Steyrtalbahn, epoch V. I googled Fasslwagen and it is a tank wagon.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

A word of warning:  Panniers can be a minefield when it comes to choosing the correct version.

But there's always Rule 2:

All panniers look the same.................

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

The strange bit is that the end of the barrel has a small window installed complete with shutters. Its not a home made concoction as the inner packaging is shed/barrel shaped. It is made by Lilliput and the end is marked Fasslwagen Steyrtalbahn, epoch V. I googled Fasslwagen and it is a tank wagon.

There is a real one on the Zillertalbahn. It is a catering (well beer consumption) vehicle. 

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Premium

6 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

There is a real one on the Zillertalbahn. It is a catering (well beer consumption) vehicle. 

Apparently its the same vehicle, built originally for the Steyrtalbahn and built/converted by them.

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

I’ve been outside for most of the day, the weather stayed dull although it was quite warm. I managed to get the patio finished so in a few days time, once the mortar has had a chance to set, I’ll give it another blast with the pressure washer and barring and dislodged mortar that’s it. I can start to put back the garden furniture and clear the path ready for lifting and dumping. This morning I also measured up for what is required for the new path, so an order will be placed just before work starts on lifting the old path. 

Just as we were finishing tea Sheila noticed it was starting to rain, but it wasn’t heavy and it didn’t last, but it continued on and off for most of the evening, but set in properly just after I got back home from swimming. After tea and a brief rest, I set off for Salford Quays for another swim, I was a little slower tonight, completing a mile in 42 minutes. Once home I poured myself a bottle of Trooper.

Some good news about Deb’s, thanks John for the updates.

Goodnight all 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Yup, it's the outside manufactured rivetty one I want - because that's what I want!  Not bothered if that loco wasn't allocated to my imaginary area, as long as it has the right number for the design.

If your imaginary area had been built, it would have been allocated there.

Edited by BR60103
  • Like 6
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 2

Morning All,

It is a nice bright morning, but somewhat chilly today.  Only 9°C which is a bit of a shock to the system considering it's July!

The coffee machine was swapped very quickly yesterday.  It seems that our maintenance department know what keeps the wheels of German industry turning!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a nice and sunny Charente.   Things may be looking up regarding No 2 son (Paul).   He has been in touch with his sister Rachel and had a long chat.  She and the friends that we are in touch with are working on getting him to contact us and also to get him over to France for a short break.   He sounds to be managing his condition very well and apparently the stoma is planned to be a temporary one.  As a result we feel a lot more at ease.  Thanks for the marvellous amount of support.

Various tasks are being thought about this morning.   I have one or two small jobs to do in the spare bedroom and need to take another few mm off the door. I may well investigate a tap at the end of the path that leads to the house.  It is capped off but has a valve on it so may be an easy place to put a standpipe for a hosepipe.   

Apart from that we are progressing with planning for an small extension that will add an en suite to our bedroom.   I went to see the mayor yesterday and she assured me that as long as I fill in some paperwork, that she gave me, planning permission is granted.  A builder has given us a very good quote so it looks like we will be able to get it built in September.  

Thoughts are with AndrewC, it can't be easy for you.   Chrisf, I hope the boots respond to treatment.    As to the rather worrying outbreak of affection for the railway that had green locos with extra bits of copper, I feel that a mass inoculation is needed to build up herd immunity.

Jamie

Rule 1, Engines should be red.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5