The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s a sunny start to the day, the lesser spotted bin men have emptied one of the two bins I left out last night, I’ll retrieve that in a few minutes, I’ll get the other one when it’s been emptied. 

Breakfast has been consumed and I’ll shortly make a start on getting things ready for Ian when he comes round in about 30 minutes. I’ve always liked music that isn’t in the main stream, I think it makes us all unique. 

Back later. 

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Nothing much is going to get done here today as my sciatica is back with a vengeance. The only way to ease it is to lay flat for a couple of hours so thats what I will be doing shortly.

Sorry to read that Phil.  Breakfast, 2 ibuprofen, cricket?

Bill

• Like 8
  • Agree 8
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Very late start today; nothing to do with the level in the Tullamore Dew bottle dropping quite a lot last night - that was due to evaporation. So far I've managed to wish our friend happy birthday and consume two huge mugsocoffee along with some blotting paper cereal. Off out shortly but I don't yet know where as such things are above my pay grade; no doubt I will be informed in due course. Mind you, I was part of last night's discussion that resulted in the decision to spend a fair bit of October at friend's place in Spain.

Have a good day/night/somewhere in between as appropriate for your time zone.

TTFN

Dave

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, grandadbob said:

I thought this was supposed to be  "Be kind to GDB week?"  :scratchhead:

Please sir Bob, it wasn't me that started it , twas that rotter Bishop of the Remove.

Abject of Saleignes

Edited by jamie92208
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium

Back again having rested my back but the sciatica now making itself known again. I did take a couple of paracetamols this morning not realising I had any Ibuprofen in stock. I have now discovered a packet at the back of the medicine cupboard and a couple are about to be taken.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Back again having rested my back but the sciatica now making itself known again. I did take a couple of paracetamols this morning not realising I had any Ibuprofen in stock. I have now discovered a packet at the back of the medicine cupboard and a couple are about to be taken.

With food!

Bill

• Like 11
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Gp'day all,

I erroneously got up an hour earlier than normal but that still mean t i wasn't alert enough to get the car parked out in the road and t ruin the day of one of the Regatta freeloaders who has parked opposite my gate so he/she has more money to spend on Pimms and grub while taking no notice at all of the racing.  I shall have to take care not to reverse into it when going out - I don't want to damage my car obviously.  Tomorrow it looks like 'park early' we will be the motto of the day.

The dustmen were also round early, a habit theyve acquired in recent months although this week it would be much more amusing if they went back to their habit of arriving after the schools have kicked out rather than before they've opened.  anyway we'll be off for a quick Tesco visit shortly and then the Good Doctor needs to get out as well as she's heading for RDA as her post Euro-tour deafness has more or less cleared up so she's out of excuses.   French visitors due to arrive later - how the heck does a house full of adults amuse a 190 year old French girl I wonder.  Hope she speaks English as neither of our offspring speak French!

His ladship is supposedly back at whatever time tonight after attending a meeting in Graz - an acceptable venue as far as he was concerned as he had to do part of the journey by train because in his view the nearest suitable airport is Vienna.  alright for some.

Enjoy the rest of your day one and all.

Call me old fashioned, but a 190 year old would not be described as a girl...………..a madame maybe

• Agree 10
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All 

Had another day with the little big dog today, tomorrow I will be with a different dog, Her is here to declutter all the bl00dy nic- nacks she scattered around the house

it looked like a junk shop here Monday and we are trying to sell the place she said I had dressed the house yes with carp she's got the message to come and clear it

tomorrow or it goes in the bin.

Not sure about food today I might dine out :superman:Al Fresco :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

Or the Bourbon Restoration...

Is that the restorative effects of Jack Daniels

1 hour ago, Ian Abel said:

Ask her about the French revolution?? :jester::D

Tell her to be grateful that her train no longer arrives at Waterloo.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 2
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The Ibuprofen is proving a bit more effective than Paracetamol, and yes I did take them with a couple of biscuits. Sorted out a few items for the club sales stand, among them in a box of old diecast toys is an intriguing model. Its a diecast domestic garage about the same size, shape and proportions as the Matchbox accessory pack one. Other than that it differs in style and construction but I would like to find out who made it.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Having got into single file, we travelled for about a further mile when suddenly all the lanes were miraculously open again.

I saw no police, highway officers or any sign of an accident.  I wonder if it was the control room playing a cruel jape on the long suffering motorist?

Probably just an example of "traffic memory". When there's a steady flow of traffic it slows at an accident and continues to slow down at that place long after the evidence of the accident is removed.

Edited by AndyID
Doh
  • Like 10
  • Agree 6

10 hours ago, bbishop said:

Jamie said "This morning I'm off to help a friend dismantle a rather dangerous and unguarded home built circular saw.   he doesn't want his grandchildren injuring themselves on it.  It should be an enjoyable morning.   Apart from that, not a lot to report."

Jamie, if you need a third pair of hands, whatever you do, don't invite GDB, otherwise there won't be a third pair of hands assisting you!

Signed by the GDB Preservation Society.

10 hours ago, grandadbob said:

I thought this was supposed to be  "Be kind to GDB week?"  :scratchhead:

It is! Bbishop's kindly suggesting NOT inviting you!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13