The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Er, help?

I can't seem to get into BT internet.  Is this because the system is down?  I can get the log in screen but then it all goes blank.  But how do I resurrect if it is at my end?  As I typed - help!

Bill

• Friendly/supportive 18

Mike, sorry that you've lost your cat.  You will miss him.  Now you just have the Station Cat, which reminds me that we haven't heard from her recently.

Early to bed because we have the day nighter at Lord's tomorrow, and it could be a busy duty.

Bill

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

John,

While at Birmingham my other half was a timpanist..just try lugging two of them, cymbals, side drum  music stand, drumsticks and a triangle around. Glad she only plays wind instruments now!

Goodnight all!

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, bbishop said:

Er, help?

I can't seem to get into BT internet.  Is this because the system is down?  I can get the log in screen but then it all goes blank.  But how do I resurrect if it is at my end?  As I typed - help!

Bill

Bill

It seems to be working for me but it was down for a while

Baz

Edited by Barry O
S
  • Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Just gotten dark now but still 24 degrees. I am looking at changing my car for a hybrid, I would prefer a full electric but but I do a few long journeys every year and until there are more charging points and a range of at least 200 miles on an electric car before I would consider one. I have looked at electrics and hybrids on flea bay and they are surprisingly cheap second hand, until you get to the bit that says 'requires new batteries'. The other day there was an item about electric buses on the news, they had the batteries fitted on the roof! Modern batteries must be pretty light then.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

It’s been a scorcher her in the northwest of England. Boy, am I glad I didn’t have to  work in it. 

This morning’s shopping trip was uneventful, I was able to get everything on my list. I was also successful in getting a pastie for dinner too!

This afternoon was spent relaxing, Sheila reading, whilst I finished off a sudoku book. We both followed that with a short spell of eyelid inspection before I made a mid afternoon drink. Sheila had expressed a wish to go to Costco this afternoon, but deferred it until after tea. However, when we sat down with a drink after tea, she said she couldn’t be bothered, it can wait for another day, I wasn’t going to argue with that. 

Tonight we watched a bit of TV that had been recorded earlier in the week, thankfully each program we watched had successfully been recorded, so it looks like the work I did on the aerial last weekend has done the trick. 

The evening was rounded off with a nice bottle of Shiraz.

Goodnight all 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Newspaper weather

Today  Risk of thunderstorms...

Tonight Chance of thundershowers...

Packing for our RV trip.  I'm supposed to select CDs; these will mostly be played while travelling so I think the 7 disc set of the Boston Pops.

Most of our cats have gone at the vet's when he decided their quality of life would not be good. One died at home.

Edited by BR60103
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Modern batteries must be pretty light then.

They mostly consist of the metal lithium. It has very low density. It will float in water (although you don't want to put it in water as it will produce hydrogen ;)  )

• Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 10