The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

With regard to territorial disputes, This has just come up on a sailing forum I frequent..

Ist a famouse quotte; "the missis gave, and the missis hath taken away; blessede be teh name of the misses."     

(yes his typed English is always appalling)

Meanwhile in my shed, Several times I have removed Items from the Railway workshop end and deposited them back in the artists studio end..

• Like 5
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

The day started overcast and it remains so as CowboysRUs continue practicing how to build homes. I have just been told I have to attend a film showing in the Village Hall this evening because she “thought I would like to see it”. Severe grumps and fast door closings are now being acted out by her because I indicated that I was not in favour.

Plenty to do as indicated last evening, I may dip in occasionally during the day but clearly I have to work around a 3-hour block this evening.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Sorry to hear about the cat Mick. Mention of fans reminded me that I have a fan that only needs dusting off. I hadn't thought of it despite said fan being in full view as I type. I will probably stay at home tomorrow as the roads will almost certainly be chocker. Still no E-mail so I will have to get on to Virgin shortly. Thats it for now, be back later. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Shopping shopped.

Coffee now.

Next up loft ladder to be deployed. The Knee won't like that. Actually The Knee doesn't like anything at the moment. Still no bl##dy X-ray results!

Muddling (or frying) may commence in about an hour. :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

First break of the week Her has arrived and is tidying the outside I wont be doing anything I'm shattered after 3 weeks non stop working, there is still more to pack the

locos are being boxed so more time and care will be applied to them.

I must sort out a solicitor says her for the divorce  it can't be done I can't hear all of a sudden she wants one I wonder what her motive is to make it so quick.

GDB don't forget the PPE before doing anything suggest you strap that knee with a bandage to avoid more damage to it. :nono: 

Anyway better get on before I fall asleep.:superman:F.Eelingdozy :D

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

1 hour ago, 81C said:

I must sort out a solicitor says her for the divorce  it can't be done I can't hear all of a sudden she wants one I wonder what her motive is to make it so quick.

On the one hand, communicating through solicitors prevents continual confrontation.

On the other hand, the solicitors make money out of it.

In my experience, the solicitors gave me good advice, particularly about what I could do with anything of the first Mrs Lurker's that remained in the FMH (once the property order had come through, anything I liked). They did however cock up some of the paperwork which has meant that getting access to all of the cash from the old endowment has proved nearly impossible - never mind thinking  about a mis-selling claim

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold

Commiserations to the Stationmaster’s household on the cat’s death. We don’t have pets as SWMBO is intolerant of other creatures (probably including me) but I do like them and, judging from local pets, they seem to like me. I do like the description of the lasting underground mausoleum.

As I have said before to 81c, a solicitor may be an expense but will be on your side protecting you, your assets and your future.

I haven’t been able to locate a suitable threaded bush for the sacrificial anode in daughter’s hot water cylinder yet so may need one specially machined for me.

Enjoy the weather (if you can), back later.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

On the one hand, communicating through solicitors prevents continual confrontation.

On the other hand, the solicitors make money out of it.

In my experience, the solicitors gave me good advice, particularly about what I could do with anything of the first Mrs Lurker's that remained in the FMH (once the property order had come through, anything I liked). They did however cock up some of the paperwork which has meant that getting access to all of the cash from the old endowment has proved nearly impossible - never mind thinking  about a mis-selling claim

I'm not talking to her via a solicitor we just need to check the divorce paperwork is correct and the division of finances is properly done, the goal post change daily so I've ask her to make a daily agreement

sheet then she can't keep changing things up to this point she's been OK It's just left after trading insults what a nasty piece of work it is.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Checked with Virgin Media again about not being able to open E-mails. Apparently it is a local problem and they expect to get it fixed by 12 on Sunday, so here's fingers crossed. Only thing is I expect to have a lot of junk e-mail to wade through. Going to make the most of the hot weather tomorrow by doing a lot of washing, it wont take long to dry in tomorrows heat. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 5