The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Thunderbirds figures including a 'villain' though I can't remember his name. 

Probably The Hood.  - oops, beaten to it by BoD.  Oops, beaten again by Phil.

Afternoon/Evening All

Well that was a really long session of paperwork, as we had some legal documents to scrutinise which took literally ages - and what with the usual bank statement, and credit card bills.  Also discovered that one of our Building Society books which normally lives with our bank papers in our filing tin is not there, and has probably been filed away by mistake when we did the year end filing in January - it is by no means our main account, in fact, it has next to nothing in it, but it does mean a trip to  the Building Society tomorrow to do whatever is necessary to get a new one. 

I will possibly be back tomorrow, but then I will be having a few days off of RMWeb for personal reasons, and will be back online here next weekend.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Evening all, and happy Father's Day to those who fall into this category. 

Woke up at 5:30 as usual but fell asleep again till about 09:00, at which point I was offered cards and presents. 

Now have some modelling tokens once I've figured out what might be needed next. 

Spent some of the day writing up a layout thread as a precursor to demolition. Nuff said as I want to avoid an awl-ful eyeful as she is probably lurking!    

Regards to one and all. Andy

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

All being well next Friday should see:

1  Youngest Herbert gets keys to his house and empties our house and garage of his belongings

I find your optimism very touching!

Several years after the last of our three sons left home, we have a room, two closets and parts of another two closets containing "stuff" belonging to all three. 

• Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I'm with John on the tendency for supermarkets to add chilli and other hot spices to meals, totally ruins the food IMHO. On the subject of sell by dates I have some bottles of Belgian Trappist beer  that 'expired' 12 years ago, I drank one last Christmas and nothing untoward happened and I've still got about ten Christmas's to go.

• Like 11
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I'm with John on the tendency for supermarkets to add chilli and other hot spices to meals, totally ruins the food IMHO. On the subject of sell by dates I have some bottles of Belgian Trappist beer  that 'expired' 12 years ago, I drank one last Christmas and nothing untoward happened and I've still got about ten Christmas's to go.

I think we need that barf emoji again, 12 year old beer, does well to last 12 hours in this house lol.

Pleasant if some what damp day, I got a new Leicester Tigers shirt and a hot/cold mug, looks the business, just need the team to do the same next year lol. High hopes that the postie will bring goodies tomorrow, that's assuming they are not stuck on an ark somewhere damper than we have. G'night all

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Work was worked.

The phone was relatively quiet so much "proper" work was done. 

It did persist down during the day and there may be a problem with one of the external door's water resistance qualities as a pool of water was observed on the floor afterwards. There will be more investigation on the morrow.

Homeward and much tidying up at Chez NB has been going on over the past couple of weeks - and there is still much more to do - in preparation of a possible future event. If the event doesn't happen, then nothing will be lost as it's about time we cleared out 30 year's worth of cr@p.................

Junior NB dutifully fulfilled her role today by presenting me with a large bottle of vodka. A small amount has already been consumed.

And finally some mudelling was accomplished whilst partaking of the above beverage.

All in all, a good day.

Have a good week folks.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 18

Morning All,

It is a nice bright morning today.  The weather over the weekend was a bit mixed, but that didn't matter too much as we didn't have much planned.

There isn't a lot else to report, so have a good day everyone...

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare,

A three piece sleep last night total about 6 hours not too bad, but why is it you are at your most comfortable when you HAVE to get up?

Cloudless sky this morning, and Ben the Border Collie seemed Especially happy on his patrol.

I've been considering my next purchase for finishing the boat, I get all my fibreglass materials from CFS in Redruth, they have a very good delivery time and are cheap... I couldn't order yesterday or before 18:00 today in case it turns up tomorrow when SWMBO is out. I do need some new bonding paste, fibreglass tape and white topcoat.

Time to check the company spam, before wandering down to the lab..

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Ey up! Not raining yet up here in the North West Leeds Highlands. Even got some bits of blue sky showing Overhead.

Parcels to prepare and post first thing then umpiring later. Not sure that umpiring will occur as it is scheduled to rain when we are due to start.

Why "skinless mice"? Well they use skinned "plum" tomatoes as the main ingredient in tinned tomatoes.  They have a similar shape to a mouse...hence "skinless mice" and should form part of a decent breakfast. Grilled or fried tomatoes  can be a bit of a disaster.

Chillies are seen by some as being very good for you (puri puri onesie particular). To me they should be used as required but modern TV chefs seem to chuck them into food ( along with copious amounts of salt).

Have a great day and TTFN

Baz

• Like 15