The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

5 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

I think we need another icon to click on, is there a barfing one available...……………..?

4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

There is a barfing icon among others from the forum host. Andy and those others running forums can choose the icons for the forum.

"Barfing", mais non. Emesis perhaps. :bad:

2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Just think of an orange president!

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from the Charente.  Up early but the sky is blue and we are promised 30 degree heat later this week.   Much to do this week, the roofer is comng either Monday or Tuesday.   

Off to the market this morning then to a friends to take a delivery of things bought in the UK.   Coffee and cake has been promised.   I might even manage an hour in the shed this afternoon doing some muddling.

Great to hear good news from Debs.

Jamie

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Ey up! Sunny again this morning. Expected rain arrival time is between 12 and 3 today.

Cards and small present received from Dr Eldest Herbert. Youngest Herbert went out with the cricket team last night and is yet to return.

Have as good a day as you can.

Baz

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,  Inner Temple Hare, 

6 hours almost solid sleep,  it was just getting to sleep in the first place was difficult,  finding a comfortable position was the problem. 

I've taken Ben the Border Collie,  for morning patrol,  an absolutely clear sunny sky,  but the grass is very dewy. 

So when I've finished this bacon butty and a Muggacoffee or two,  I'll remove the covers of the boat and start working on the last reinforcements needed other than pads for below. 

I  need to measure up for the plate at the top of the keel,  the positions of 12 keel bolts need to be precisely worked out so I can make a template for the steel fabricators.  The keel plate will have a long "tail" so It goes  right across  the hull join.

SWMBOs Woolley Worstead,  yesterday was very successful,  the car park was fully filled. They did get a heavy shower of rain,  but only of short duration.  She's just getting ready for day 2... I suppose it's very like doing demos at a muddle railway show. 

Time for Muggacoffee 2

• Like 18

Morning one and all, sunshine just now but it is forecast wet later, hope all the Dads have a nice day, I have some English Whisky for later from my son and the afore mentioned meet up with my daughter and her family at mid day, then an afternoon for free.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Cloudy and dull here it's just started to rain, today I will be lunching with my youngest daughter for a fathers day treat I'll be doing the same 

next week with her older sister who has to work today.

I keep looking at all this stuff laying around the man cave I must really get it packed up I think I will go through the old stuff and just toss it out

if it is not useable and to start packing rolling stock and case it up into storage boxes ready to go it's a job I do not relish.

I think I better get on.

enjoy your day I'm wondering what tacky & smutty presents I will receive this year. :superman:  Mr. Fyde  :D

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, BoD said:

Metformin makes me fart a lot.

Just saying.

P.M. me if you want more details or pictures.

Oh no, let’s not have “smellovision” except where large kettles are involved.

• Like 8
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

The sun made a brief appearance earlier but it has now clouded over and a selection of weather options are available today.

Yesterday's party went well although the rain stopped us sitting in the garden.  SiL Steve had the foresight to erect a gazebo over the BBQ so at least he didn't get wet whilst cooking.  The Knee was exceedingly painful even though I had taken Tramadol and liquid painkillers but I soldiered on and by the time I got home and went to bed all was well with the world and I had a good night's sleep.

Today we have a cab booked and are picking up Nicki en route to son Steve's where he is cooking a Father's Day lunch. Looking forward to that as he is a very good cook. There may  will be some more drinking involved as well.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

The sun returned to sunny Teignmouth yesterday and it's here already again today.  

Managed to watch 2 more episodes of Killing Eve last night, we are on episode 5 next. Apparently there will be a 3rd series, I am guessing she doesn't get killed in this series. 

The newly elected local council now orange, similar to a POTUS, has reneged on a previous pledge to donate £10k to the inaugural Teignmouth Airshow.  Apparently the airshow will still go ahead. A bit of a sad decision by Teignbridge Council as I imagine Teignmouth will be full to the gunwhales that day.  It is a green issue.  They didn't want all that aerial pollution. Apparently your flights to the US, Cuba etc can still pass overhead.  I don't imagine we will have a missile crisis based on the promenade.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A quick hello as I'm off to the swap meet at Raleigh shortly. The lad will be coming with us so I expect to be grilled on the layout progress which is rather behind at the moment. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Rather  overcast.  Looks as if it could rain soon. 

I don’t have much to do. I will probably be one of the billion people watching on television the India v Pakistan cricket match that has just started. 

Tony

• Like 12

2 hours ago, 81C said:

I keep looking at all this stuff laying around the man cave I must really get it packed up I think I will go through the old stuff and just toss it out

if it is not useable and to start packing rolling stock and case it up into storage boxes ready to go it's a job I do not relish.

I think I better get on.

enjoy your day I'm wondering what tacky & smutty presents I will receive this year. :superman:  Mr. Fyde  :D

It might not be a bad idea to store your stock off site. 

Bill

• Like 2
  • Agree 14

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone 

A bit late on parade, breakfast in bed and present and card opening followed my many phone calls and messages. Currently sat in the workshop considering what my next move on the L class should be. 

Back later 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl,  

Lying water in boat 1/2 a bucket full sponged out. 

Soggy Sawdust/ glassfibre bits / wood chippings removed,  3/4 bucket full. Hopefully  the boat will dry a little quicker now. 

5 pieces of ply cut and trial fitted. One of which is the basis of the control console. 

The console can only be 8 inches by the 23 inches width of the cockpit because I need to get my knees in.  Now I have the size,  a layout will have to be worked out for the  jammers and cleats, although  not all will be on the panel itself... 

Main halyard 

Main outhaul

Main down haul

Main topping lift

Main kicking strap. 

Main sheet

Jib halyard 

Jib in furler

Jib out furler. 

Jib up haul. 

Jib sheet port

Jib sheet starboard. 

It became apparent that I did too much yesterday , after 3 hours in the sun and humidity I had to have a break,  with grey clouds around I put the cover on the boat and retired to the house.

After a half hour eyelid assessment,  I took Ben for his long walk,  about 1/3 of the way round it started drizzling,  so we turned for home,  so he got 2/3 of his normal walk. 

The heavens opened shortly after we got home,  although the sun has just come out. 

A toastie has been consumed and a can of cider  during the typing of this. 

Time i think, to do some console  sketches.. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, bbishop said:

It might not be a bad idea to store your stock off site. 

Bill

I will start boxing it up this week it was already planned for it  to go to my daughters anyway, Her is her tomorrow to clean up as the house goes on the market in the next few days

I've had to hide here car key as well before that disappears again it's more or less mine now anyway, we had to talk today regarding the sale and I can take any furniture I want so that

brand new £2K sofa stays with me.

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Found a few booklets at the swap meet at a pound each and an old tower models plastic bus kit for a fiver so not too bad. Only took a few modelling tokens as I want to keep a few for Ipswich next week. The lad was glad he came with us as he acquired a set of Thunderbirds figures including a 'villain' though I can't remember his name. 

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Found a few booklets at the swap meet at a pound each and an old tower models plastic bus kit for a fiver so not too bad. Only took a few modelling tokens as I want to keep a few for Ipswich next week. The lad was glad he came with us as he acquired a set of Thunderbirds figures including a 'villain' though I can't remember his name. 

The Hood?

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1