The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening.

81C Bob, was that Metformin?  Lots of folk on that now including a work colleague.  I don't need medication currently, they think I'll be OK on diet changes and weigh loss (ha!) only.  Already had actually lost half a stone this month, so I'll work on that and diet.  Thrown all the yummy things out of the house and replaced with boringly healthy things. 

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, BoD said:

Metformin makes me fart a lot.

Just saying.

P.M. me if you want more details or pictures.

Pictures of your farts? No ta.

Thinks  presumably to enable a fart to be seen, it has to be....lit?

• Agree 7
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

I was thinking of pictures of the metformin actually.  :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Having to be careful of the back I decided to check out some box files in the spare room. In doing so I found some 009 stuff that I'd long forgotten about. I'd only purchased it because it was cheap, all of £10 for three half built white metal Festiniog coaches and a locomotive (Mountaineer) also half built with an Arnold chassis. The coaches lack roofs and interiors but that shouldn't be a problem, they have the bogies ready to be attached. I hope to restore the coaches for the young mans layout.

1 hour ago, tigerburnie said:

I think we need another icon to click on, is there a barfing one available...……………..?

There is a barfing icon among others from the forum host. Andy and those others running forums can choose the icons for the forum. Quite a lot are hardly if ever used so perhaps when things have settled down a bit Andy could review the icons available.

24 minutes ago, BoD said:

Metformin makes me fart a lot.

Just saying.

P.M. me if you want more details or pictures.

PLEASE NO.............

• Like 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Don't need to take anything for it, just be less...…. greedy, fat, biscuit orientated.  Sort of thing.  :scare:

It’s hard.  Very hard.

• Like 2
  • Agree 10
  • Friendly/supportive 3

38 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

In that case we definitely (for Facebook users, defiantly) need photos.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 9

2 hours ago, Tony_S said:

He replied that it looked very Alfred Hatchback.

Wasn't he the Production Director for "Top Gear"?

I went to school with a chap called Fred Lawnmower, at least that was his nickname. His real name was John Gilmour.

Edited by AndyID
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Funny 9

7 minutes ago, AndyID said:

Wasn't he the Production Director for "Top Gear"?

I went to school with a chap called Fred Lawnmower, at least that was his nickname. His real name was John Gilmour.

You just have to explain that!

• Agree 9

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

There is a barfing icon among others from the forum host. Andy and those others running forums can choose the icons for the forum. Quite a lot are hardly if ever used so perhaps when things have settled down a bit Andy could review the icons available.

So there may  be a chance for the 'Groan' button at last?

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 2
  • Agree 8
  • Funny 4

10 minutes ago, pH said:

You just have to explain that!

Well, see, a hatchback is a kind of car and I thought.......oh, you mean about Fred?

There wasn't any particular reason for it. Another member of our class came up with the substitution. It was so ridiculous it sort of stuck.

Fred (John) was a really nice guy. He was a flute player and I attempted to accompany him on guitar (I was pants). He had a running pre-war MG type T and he offered to sell it to me for 50 quid. I had the money but I had nowhere to put it! I still regret not buying it.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Just think of an orange president!

There is a certain barrister on the Leeds circuit who once had the job of cross examining when he was defending two toe rags that had stolen my first car.  He didn't seem to be able to get very far. I was helped by having an image of him dropping  his kecks at school in assembly one morning and having one lit.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 1
  • Funny 18

Evening all, just started raining again, been a nice enough day 15 degrees the car thermometer said(well it didn't actually speak)but the sea harr has been drifting and out on a windless day. I went out looking for a visiting Spoonbill, but it seems to have vanished, unusual this far north, not surprised if it's gone south seeking warmer climes lol.

Fathers day tomorrow, apparently one of Grandsons want's to meet us in Tescos, no I've no idea either, of well there's a nice enough Café there...………...G'night all

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Just thi k of an orange president!

Jamie

... and a similar looking PM  the way things are heading:(

Evening. A great day out in Didcot with our Czech layout. Managed to keep expenditure down to fuel, a Harz mountain coach and a bacon butty. A possible invite to what would be our furthest show if it materializes.

Back home and into our local but only two ales now available and kids that were being a tiny bit noisy overwhelmed by their even noisier parents shouting at them to be quiet meant that we departed after just one pint. Good to see a pub busy but its not as enjoyable as it used to be.

Tomorrow any beer will be consumed at home but after pulling the new electric cable through the loft as I only want new holes where the cable is to pass through:rolleyes:

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well the weather turned again this afternoon and we ended up with yet another downpour. This morning when I went to the workshop, I decided to try putting my wetsuit out on the washing line to dry again. As a precaution when I came in for dinner, I took it off the line and hung it up in the workshop, just in case. It was a wise move, as we were eating dinner when the rain started. After dinner, just as I was about to head back to the workshop, we had a call from Vickie saying they were popping round with my Father’s Day present in the next few minutes, so I pottered about in the cellar until they arrived. An hour later, when they left, it was hardly work doing any further in the workshop, so popped back and locked up. However, despite only getting a couple of hours work before dinner, I managed to make the 2 sets of steps that I wanted to do, so I’m quite pleased with that, I’ll carry on in there tomorrow.

The evening was spent reading for quite some time, then we put on a program we recorded last night about so called ‘Yacht Rock’, basically music produced in LA during the early 70’s to the mid 80’s, some great music.

Goodnight all 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1