The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

13 hours ago, AndyID said:

Oh, and our correspondent from Minnesota (and frequent hostage in NY) might be interested to know UP is taking Big Boy for a jaunt to Duluth.

Good to know...maybe a road trip is in order, however, given the sort of "traffic" that abounds here in the summer/lake cabin season, it's likely to be a real pain getting there as the road north to Duluth is not exactly "the road less travelled"! :jester:

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

POOTTS (on time)

But still in work for the next 5 days before 3 days golf end of next week.

Catch up later!

Cheers,

Mick

POETS or simply POTS does for me!

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Back still playing up so nothing much got done today, instead I've been reading the latest Model Rail and Railway Modeller both of which came out yesterday.

11 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

I wish I knew what you were on about lol

P*ss Off Early Tomorrows Saturday.

• Like 6
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 1

41 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Back still playing up so nothing much got done today, instead I've been reading the latest Model Rail and Railway Modeller both of which came out yesterday.

P*ss Off Early Tomorrows Saturday.

P*ss Off Early Tomorrows Saturday in my case, Early don't enter the equation!

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

Evening Awl, 

It's dry out side... 

Just back from. The MRC  where I did no muddling,  instead I spent some time lying on my side cutting  a hole in the side of one of the transport carriages,  a shelf Was The fitted and a loose module is now in its home. Some adjustments to that module,  and sides fitted to the shelf are still to be done. 

There were only 3 of us at the club then the other two left  just in time for some guests to turn up.  So having spent some time talking to them there was no time to finish that shelf. 

Now I've done one the other two should be quicker.  By the time I've finished these changes it will be a full month without any genuine muddling... 

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Evening.

Went to the doctors this morning to discuss the ongoing BP issues (which today wasn't too bad for the first time in ages - ironically) - came out with new drugs prescribed, different approach with a newer medication....and type 2 diabetes. Bu&&er.  HBa1c revealed blood sugar creeping up that has been previously hidden by another long term issue I have. So cakes, fizzy drinks and biscuits now banned, together with many other things I like.  Ah well, it could easily be much worse.

New (Indian) GP is very good, I was most impressed.  So are the practice nurses as he's a bit of a good looking cool dude.  I prefer one of the practice nurses personally!

What is the new pill called as they done that to me last year and since found I was prescribed 10+ years ago with the same drug oddly enough I never got bad side effects

like I did back then.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

This morning’s shopping trip was successful but uneventful, however whilst I was in the big orange DIY shed the heavens opened up. I know this from the horrendous noise that the rain made as it fell on the big shed’s steel roof! Luckily I managed to get get back to the car during a lull. Everything that was required form my various shopping lists was purchased, I even found the time to peruse a few magazines (no not that sort, model railway magazines) in WHS, but there were no articles that interested me enough to make me want to buy any. However, as I was leaving the Trafford Centre an hour or so later the sun came out, so after I’d put away all the shopping and had muggertea No2, I chanced it and hung my wetsuit on the washing line to dry in the sunshine, where it remained until early evening. However, as Mike walked down to pick up the takeaway I decided to bring it in as the skies were starting to look a little dark and I didn’t fancy getting up midway through eating our meal to bring it in should it start to rain. As it happened, I made the right choice, because just as we sat down for our after tea hot drinks, the heavens opened up again, almost as heavily as this morning.

Tonight’s takeaway meal was an early Father’s Day present as they will be seeing Sarah’s dad on Sunday and tomorrow they are off to the NEC to Gardeners World Live, as Sarah won a pair of tickets for the event. Not that either of them are keen gardeners, but as part of the event there is also a food show on and part of the prize is meeting Ainsley Harriott, which Sarah is quite excited about. Mind you, both Mike and Sarah domlike there food. 

The evening was then rounded off by opening a nice bottle of merlot.

Goodnight all 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Now where did teh day go?  Well there was somebody's layout signal plan to check and comment on which took a while, next will no doubt come discussion regarding the interlocking which will hopefully be nice and straightfoward especially as we both can get at the locking chart for the place the layout is based on.  Then there was Calling On Signals , again.  Then I went to Tesco and the rain stopped and it got quite warm.  And I forgot to congratulate GDB and Mrs GDB on theor wedding anniversary - so belated good wishes and all that there.   So here I am eventually.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

We were not required to take our neighbours to Chelmsford to retrieve their car. It appears that there is nothing wrong with it but they are keeping it to find out why it keeps stopping. The engine and some electric systems randomly fail but never in a garage just in remote hilly parts of Wales or on Canvey Island. Lack of communication from the garage is causing some stress. They don’t really need an unreliable car as they often have to travel to Wales at short notice. I feel bad as I recommended the vehicle and dealer! We invited them round for a drink this evening, and we had a pleasant chat. They won’t be getting the car back tomorrow either but they have been given a taxi allowance for the weekend. 

We are off to Enfield tomorrow, I have already put the tools I need in the car to replace the shower hose at MiL’s. Why tools for such a simple job? The shower hose has snapped at one end which isn’t a problem as I am replacing it but it has been put on more than finger tight at the mixer end.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Friendly/supportive 19

6 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

... they have been given a taxi allowance for the weekend

Is it uncommon for dealers to loan vehicles to customers when the customer has a car in the garage? 

It is quite common in the US, more so with luxury brands, for the dealer to provide a 'loaner'.  Often I see luxury car dealers with a loaner fleet with their name stenciled on the rear window.  Even my Nissan dealer will provide me with one.

• Like 7
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1