The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

8 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Andrew C,

If you want an evening away from the hotel when you are stuck in Telford, PM me and I'll let you have our 'phone number then if we're in you would be welcome to come up for a visit - we're only about 25 minutes up the road.

Dave

You may live to regret that offer. :D Depending on whether I can escape my co-workers I'd like that. Stay tuned. 

• Like 9
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s still raining! Not a lot planned for today, but I do have to go and pick up a parcel that the post office tried to deliver yesterday when we were out!

Back later. 

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, BoD said:

When it comes to the deployment of glue and the use of a scalpel my levels of stupidity know no bounds. 

Just saying.

Did I tell you it's still raining?

Meanwhile, I was worried that GDB had posted mid sentence.  He may be safe with scalpels and glues - but doors etc ......

Bill

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit late on parade as well as the pages on RMweb seem to 'stick'. Sunny but a bit windy but dry at the mo. Onion is the perfect addition to cheddar cheese, I forgot to mention it was with the cheddar/scrumpy. When I make cheese on toast there is usually a layer of chopped onion between the bread and the cheese.

• Like 15
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Well we enjoyed our pre shopping breakfast at 'Spoons and I even managed to hobble around Sainsbury's albeit in a bit lot of discomfort from The Knee although unlike Andrew I haven't had to resort to a brace.  I have had to resort to Tramadol on occasions though. Seeing the Doc tomorrow.

On returning home I phoned the model railway emporium about the wrong wagon and have come to an arrangement. At my suggestion they will now send the right wagon but in the wrong box ie for the wagon I've got *   :crazy: and also have given me a bit of extra discount so full marks to them. :imsohappy:

* I keep all boxes so that in the event of me popping my clogs hopefully it may help sell my collection.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5

12 hours ago, AndyID said:

#1 Daughter sent me a selection of UK cheeses for my recent 70th orbit. There was some Red Leicester. I enjoyed it but MrsID was less keen.

Mrs Lurker discovered some mature Red Leicester, which was much better than the normal processed stuff available - a much richer flavour

• Like 16
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Someone turned the hose on.. I'm glad i'm not out there..it's some of the heaviest I've seen.. There is a roaring sound coming from the tin roof...

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Greetings from LBG where it is now raining - although it did have the decency to wait until I had popped out of the office to get some lunch. Congratulations to GDB and Mrs GDB and also to BrianUSA for reaching their respective milestones.

Not too much to report today. Spreadsheet King resigned a couple of weeks ago and we will have to find someone to do his role. Once he's gone it will be all hands to the pumps to cover it til we do. And I have a 2 1/2 week holiday booked! I am pressing him to do work much earlier this year....

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

Happy anniversary to GDB and the Mrs...

BIN day, hope the Mrs gets them out early enough :)

More crazy report re-writes yesterday.

Panic usually sets in here the day before I leave. For some reason they mostly ignore my presence for the first couple of days, as if I'm not even here! :jester:

Rain once again the order of the day here too, "supposed" to end around 1PM and just be cloudy for the remained of the day.

Hopefully meaning my flight won't be affected - FAT CHANCE, this is JFK we're talking about :rtfm::butcher:

13 and just started raining as I drove in, only supposed to reach 17 for a high. Meanwhile supposed to be another delightful day back home, sunny and highs in the low-mid 20's.

Bon chance mes amis!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

It's mostly raining quite a lot in sunny Teignmouth today although Babbacombe is still visible.

Herve is my favourite stinky cheese but being Belgian it's probably not available here.  Newton Abbot market stocks Stinking Bishop, so it's not all bad.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

It is (obviously) raining here too although this morning it wasn't - so herself popped down to the town to collect an undelivered parcel, frequent the local Clarks shoe shop before it closes at the end of the week, and visit it Waitrose,  By the time I was called to collect her the rain had started so she had an even more welcome lift home marred only by some halfwit motorist ahead of us for whom logic about road positioning and the way in which traffic lights work seemed to have been forgotten (assuming it had ever existed).

I see that yesterday's local push-bike cycling event managed to produce one collision ('somewhere near Didcot') although nothing as serious as the one in France.  Oddly the DT doesn't seem to have got the message that yesterday involved  'a battle of the hills'  (two of them) one of which was Pishill  -  I bet that one gave some commentators a bit of a pronunciation puzzle:rolleyes:

Enjoy the rest of your day.

• Like 16
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, lightengine said:

Herve is my favourite stinky cheese but being Belgian it's probably not available here.  Newton Abbot market stocks Stinking Bishop, so it's not all bad.

Livarot and Vacheran Mont Door are "mellow" cheeses that "make their presence known in advance" and both are have been purchased in this country when I have really wanted to Pish off SWMBO.

Still raining here, CowboysRUs continue their games across a lunar landscape such that it could be named The Sea of Mudquility. I feel sorry for those who will buy these erections, the inter-wall insulation comprises some form of bagged insulating man-made wool that the cowboys stuff into place when they can be bothered but which has been exposed to the precipitation for weeks! Given up on latest session of photo-editing because I have confirmed that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Muggertea beckons, may even sneak un peu de fromage.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold

Local precipitation over the past 48 hours have ensured that Muddy Hollow (Forward) is now at full capacity and is ready to create a first class wallowing pit.

Perhaps it is an opportune moment to remind potential users that being an elephant free zone, trunks are not permitted.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

Sheila asked me earlier if I still plannec on going swimming tonight. I said yes, as I can't get much wetter once I'm in the water. She then commented on the fact that, as we're having baked beans with tonight's tea added to the mushy peas last night, that I may be jet propelled! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 18

14 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

Sheila asked me earlier if I still plannec on going swimming tonight. I said yes, as I can't get much wetter once I'm in the water. She then commented on the fact that, as we're having baked beans with tonight's tea added to the mushy peas last night, that I may be jet propelled! 

Don't want to be behind her at zumba

• Funny 14