The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

.  In the US, fish and chips is commonly accompanied by coleslaw.

I had fish and chips in Houston. The fish was tilapia. 

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, bbishop said:

Men are offered a check at the age of about 65.  If you pass, that's it for life.  If you fail, it's an (annual?) check.  About 1 in 1000 get a trip in a yellow truck.

I passed.

Bill

I never understand this. Why does it only affect you at 65?   Why not 64.5 or 66?  How come it is that specific?

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I had fish and chips in Houston. The fish was tilapia. 

That doesn't sound very good. There's nothing wrong with tilapia per se, but it doesn't seem like the best choice for fish and chips - a bit too soft. It would be almost certainly farmed. There are good Gulf fish options in that part of the US.

Dare I ask, was it any good?

Halibut is the local (Pacific northwest) preferred fish for fish and chips. The hallmark of the fish and chips I grew up with in Australia was the freshness of the fish - and in many places you could pick the fillet (and the coating, breadcrumbs or batter) that you wanted. They were coated and fried to order.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 8

Morning All,

It is a somewhat humid morning today, but it is now dry and forecast to get warmer later in the day.

There isn't a lot else to report, so have a good day everyone...

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

it is rather overcast and somewhat breezy at the moment. I will check Google Maps soon to see what delights of morning traffic await me en-route to Chelmsford. I don’t have to go into central Chelmsford, just to one of the many industrial/retail “parks” in Chelmer Village. 

Tony

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

I too have had an aortal scan just after age 65, and got the all clear - I was told that this was a one off, but I think as my dad died of a ruptured aortal aneurism, I might see whether I can have one in the next couple of years.

As usual, a lot of water has passed under the ER bridge, and the best I can do is to offer the usual generic greetings.

Not a great deal to report here at 45156 towers. 

Back later

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. The sun was shining first thing this morning but now its clouded over with heavy rain predicted with possibly hail and thunder. Despite the wet and chilly weather the poppies are flowering and I watched a bee with well laden pollen sacs making the most of the flowers yesterday. Muggatee to be drunk, be back later.

• Like 16