The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Evening all, suns out now, not seen much of it all day, but then I was in the loft for a few hours, finally dismantled the old layout and most of the parts to be recycled are cleaned and ready for installation, just need a nice day so that I can finish clearing out the old summer house of those "useful" items I've had for decades in some cases(what I thought some of them would ever have been used for who knows)). Then there's stuff bought for our old house that never got fitted, which includes 3 brass port holes from a sunken trawler(don't ask) I can hardly put them in the post so ebay is out of the question lol.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Hmm forecast for yellow rain on Monday and Tuesday, nearly 2.5 inches.. What happened to Summer?

• Like 2
  • Agree 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I take it that appropriate amendments were made to your will and that the little grass now inherits your overdraft.

Jamie

As much as that??!!

• Like 3
  • Funny 13

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

Hmm forecast for yellow rain on Monday and Tuesday, nearly 2.5 inches.. What happened to Summer?

Its coming here next week - 32C on Wednesday.  Hate it even with A/C.:(

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. It was a bit nippy last night, so nippy that the central heating kicked in this morning. Forecast is that its going to be even cooler tonight so I expect the heating to start any time now. Looks as if the weather wont get any better until next weekend, wet and windy till then.

• Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Good to see that the Connaught Gardens café is still going but I hope they have got a bit more efficient with their service since we were last there.  That cottage at the top of the cliff appeared in one of the tv adaptations of a Miss Marple story I think.

Anyway good evening all.  Went to bed last hight and it was pouring with rain outside, got up this morning and it was still pouring with rain.  But fortunately it had stopped by the time I departed for the mini show at Knowl Hill although regrettably as I drove past the important place nearby there was a large crowd going into Flic's Café so I had to settle for a cheese and pickle roll at the show and a quite good cup of tea.  Reasonable mix of layouts but not many of them as it is a smallish hall, best on show was 'Earls Court' which although operationally boring features some excellent scenic touches and some very interesting rolling stock.  Home before 12.00 after my first ever almost non-stop navigation of this week's Prime Minister's home village, only halt was at the traffic lights for the narrow bridge over the river, usually the queue for the light is several hundred yards long.

The weather was good enough this afternoon to visit a local NT property where we very much enjoy the walled garden -- a wonderful mix of anything and everything with flowers, various, planted among the veg.  We also visited their Cow Shed Café which we found was absolutely consistent with previous visits - aimless meanderings of muttering staff and less than inspiring food; it was far better when volunteer ladies ran the old café offering home made cakes.  I suspect the past residents of the cow shed did rather better than the new ones when it came to a square meal..

Tomorrow should at last see the man here to deal with the fence repair - I hope!  Enjoy the rest of your evening.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Today it's been raining. Then for a while it rained before starting to rain again. It's now dark outside and all the doors and windows are closed so I don't know whether it's raining again. Tomorrow it might not rain until afternoon then for most of next week it's forecast to rain. Looks like I may have to spend some time indoors - the workshop is probably a good place. Wonder if SWMBO will agree?

Nothing much else to report ..... oh, except did I mention it rained?

Goodnight everyone.

Dave

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Not much cricket played around here today due to precipitation. Her indoors scored a game which did come to a successful conclusion.

Tomorrow involves a journey down the M1 to the circular car park (otherwise known as the M25).

Hopefully some of the journey won't involve driving in rain.

Sleep well and Goodnight!

Baz

Edited by Barry O
Missing word
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

It was raining when I woke up

It was raining when I got up. 

It was raining whilst I had breakfast. 

It was raining when I had muggertea No2. 

It was raining when I went to the workshop.

It was raining when I came back in for dinner.

It was raining when I went back to the workshop after dinner. 

It was raining when I came back in for tea. 

It STOPPED raining at around 6:00 this evening.

I didn’t bother watering the plants today. 

By the time I’d finished my second muggertea, it was getting on for midday, so I didn’t get an awful lot done this morning. I had every intention of doing some modelling this afternoon, but I ended up spending most of the time, putting some recently purchased MERG items away as well as a few others. However, I did manage an hour or so this afternoon though, but again I got side tracked and ended up making a few power leads for my ‘breadboard’, as used to test electronic circuits. This is yet another item I thought was too good to go in the skip when they were clearing out one of the old workshops. I’m hoping to use it to test a couple of circuits. I’ve tested them using a computer program (crocodile clips) and they work on that. I just haven’t actually tested them for real. I just need to print off the circuit diagram so I can have a play.

Goodnight all. 

Edited by BSW01
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

My modelling skills have been useful again. Aditi was a bit tired when cleaning the fridge and smashed a couple of shelf supports (“I didn’t pull them very hard really”) . I have ordered new ones via eBay but have rebuilt the brackets using epoxy putty.

The new freezer seems fine. It is very quiet except when it beeps to inform you it isn’t cold enough. 

If it doesn’t rain tomorrow I have been given the task of moving our middle sizzled shed so it can be treated. It seems that rain is forecast but not until the afternoon. 

Tony

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, brianusa said:

Its coming here next week - 32C on Wednesday.  Hate it even with A/C.:(

Minus 32C that's chilly... 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, 

Five hours sleep with a couple of wake up and turn overs,  then an hour on the sofa before brown eyes demanded a patrol. 

It's a cloudless sky out there,  but the ground is very damp.  

I'm intending to work on the boat today,  cutting off some minor pieces left over from its former layout,  a reduction in height by a foot of the tabernacle as it was designed for the old mast, then preparing the cockpit sides for the final reinforcement. I may have to do some drying out as its current tarpaulin is getting ragged. 

Time too... Think about making a bacon butty.. 

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 17

7 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

there was a large crowd going into Flic's Café

Any relation to Otto Flick?

Speaking of which the ELO concert in Hyde Park is on the telly at the moment.

• Like 11