The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Mooring awl, Inner Temple Hare,

6.5 hours sleep but a very uncomforatable bit in the middle trying to find a pain free position.

Run by the Worstead Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers, Woolly Worstead, is coming up on 15th and 16th of June 10am- 4pm. At Dilham, NR28 9PT, their hall is on the recreation ground. (Dilham is 17 miles ish north east of Norwich.)

A display and demonstrations of all things woolly.  There are tea / coffee and cakes, and on Saturday "The Occasional Ceilidh Band"

I'd Like to be there supporting SWMBO, but I'm told I'm on Dog sitting Duties..

The above is probably why I found six sheep had been in the tin shed, How do I know they had been in there?

They left their coats behind...

Time to do the last few measurements on this weeks major system..

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Condolences to Jamie and LE. The bin wagons dawn chorus is over now but it began with the lesser spotted glass & bottle in full song so no one slept in. Have to try and finish the lads baseboard today as its predicted to pour down tomorrow. The D-Day flypast was nearly two hours late yesterday, I feel sorry for those who went to watch it at the appointed time.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

A quick visit to the local cricket ground to chat with scorers, an umpire and one or two players (it is Leeds Bradford MCCU v the MCC, a quick lunch, a bir of lawn mowing...now modelling time. 

Having watched a bit of the West Indies v Oz match, it appears the WI have a plan A ..bounce teams out..but no plan B

Baz

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Just been outside in the sunshine with a brush..

My lab A/C temperature was climbing.

Brushed off lots of fluff, leaves and a plastic bag.

Temperature in lab now dropping.

Had a relaxing late morning and afternoon measuring 10G ohm resistors, 20 minutes between taking measurments not being able to move much, nothing difficult. except my neck is going click every time I turn it from screen to meter.

Might mow the jungle for a bit when I get home, it looks too soggy tomorrow and Saturday.

just waiting for the final measurement of the day

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The predicted rain seems to be holding off for the moment. Ordered a few more items for the lads layout from e-bay but most items I have already from the stash marked 'It might come in handy some day'. Muggatee awaits, be back later.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, TheQ said:

At 06:26  As I drove on the NDR the banks covered in the occasional blue cornflower, white daisies and appropriately Red Poppies. The lone Piper played the lament by the mulberry harbour on the Normandy beaches..

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM...

Capture.JPG

The mention of the cornflower is very appropriate. The French wear them on Remembrance Day due to the collur of the uniforms that the recruits wore in 1914.  

Jamie

• Like 10
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 6