The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, JohnDMJ said:

A plea for help, if I may?

I am preparing an article, as some of you already know, with the working title of 'Scale vs. Gauge'.

Back in the late 70s, this fine book was produced and I was given a copy. However, as I am (still) in the process of moving house, my copy is buried in a box deep in the rooms of boxes.

225774624_510NmrTZ1jL._SX359_BO1204203200_.jpg.cd1f291754348628dbd5d2d37a793800.jpg

I recall that there is a section devoted to the development of the model gauges, starting at Gauge 1 and descending via 0 to H0 etc.

I am looking for a scan of this part of the book for reference in my article and will duly credit you (by full name, not RMWeb handle) as well as the book.

My deadline is 21st June!

Thanks in advance.

I have a copy but it's slightly too large for the scanner; I could scan the pages in halves if that would do.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had a parcel arrive this morning when I was out and I received the usual card from the postman. As the local sorting office is open late Wednesday evenings I took a chance and called in on my way to the model railway club, and it was ready for collection. Well done Royal Mail.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

4' 33"  (I always read as four feet thirty-three inches).  I looked at the score in a music school shop a few years ago.  When we were  helping the symphony, I had thought that for their Y2K concert The 20th Century - Good Riddance I could score it for full orchestra and a very energetic conductor.

We were supposed to go to the Wedneday Night Water Boilers steam-up at Formby Gorge (sic) to-day, but about lunch time it began to pour down. We'll try again tomorrow.

http://www.theplatelayers.org/coupling/formby_gorge.htm

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Mel and I were interviewed for the police on the same day, joined up on the same day and had consecutive collar numberd.  He was not only a good friend and colleague but also a modeller. He has even been away with the layout several times.

Was he not operating at Lancaster?  My sincere condolences to you on the loss of your friend, and to his family, of course.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, 45156 said:

Was he not operating at Lancaster?  My sincere condolences to you on the loss of your friend, and to his family, of course.

Thanks Stewart, yes indeed he was operating at Lancaster and at Ally Pally and Warley.  He also came over to France with me when the layout came out there in January 2018.  A good modeller. He built an Ex Janick coach for me and a 1F. 

Jamie

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Lightengine - so sorry to hear your news also.

And generic greetings are, as usual, offered to all ailing and celebrating, with a special mention  to Debs, and the good news there,  Beware the awl - it will return.  But any news at all about Rick - not like him to be absent for so long.

Fodder run this morning, and I go straight off from taking 30747 to work, and Lily needs a walkie before that, so I'd better leave it there for now.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, petethemole said:

I have a copy but it's slightly too large for the scanner; I could scan the pages in halves if that would do.

That would be great, thanks!

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Ey up !

Condolences to Jamie and LE.

Sunny this morning, choice of two games to watch today ..crust earning can be done when it rains tomorrow. 

Mugatea awaits so TTFN.

Baz

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, 45156 said:

Morning All

Lightengine - so sorry to hear your news also.

And generic greetings are, as usual, offered to all ailing and celebrating, with a special mention  to Debs, and the good news there,  Beware the awl - it will return.  But any news at all about Rick - not like him to be absent for so long.

Fodder run this morning, and I go straight off from taking 30747 to work, and Lily needs a walkie before that, so I'd better leave it there for now.

Regards to All

Stewart

Stewart Rick has other things on his mind at the moment

Baz

• Thanks 6
  • Informative/Useful 3