The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, newbryford said:

The real question is:

Didi they have Vimto cordial?

Cheers,

Mick

I didn't look, but they do have big bottles or Iron Brew.

Edited by BR60103
  • Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:28, pH said:

I apologise for quoting my own post, but yesterday we went for a walk in the forest behind our yard. Here are a couple of pictures. To give an idea of scale, I've circled my 6'2" son in the second one. 

IMG_2278.JPG.2546e2cefd83a6f9ec2cb8d3981d6b53.JPG

IMG_2277.JPG.fa087a9eed243e4983d33abe1dd6b88b.JPG

We have one of those

• Like 11
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, brianusa said:

We have one of those

Forests or 6'2" sons?

I'm 6 foot tall, and smaller than all 3 of our sons. They're 6'1", 6'2" and 6'3". 

• Like 9
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 4

36 minutes ago, BoD said:

Are you really sure you should be going?

Absolutely!  Walking in the parade is one of the objectives I set myself for 2019.  Given that this time last year it had never even occurred to me to attend a Pride, it will be quite something to be part of the biggest one in the UK.  The answer to your next question is that all the buses will be long gone by the time those of us at the back set off.

Chris

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, chrisf said:

Absolutely!  Walking in the parade is one of the objectives I set myself for 2019.  Given that this time last year it had never even occurred to me to attend a Pride, it will be quite something to be part of the biggest one in the UK.  The answer to your next question is that all the buses will be long gone by the time those of us at the back set off.

Chris

Very well done for getting there.

Enjoy it when the time comes.

• Like 6
  • Agree 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

An overcast morning in the northern reaches of Salopshire. A less than exciting day in prospect starting with a visit to the dentist, progressing through trawling round the market, then dealing with yet more niff naff and trivia followed by an afternoon's writing, cooking dinner and possibly watching something on the haunted fish tank (if there is anything worthwhile, which these days is doubtful).

There's nothing like having your life planned well ahead - I've just been booked to give a talk at the Bedford LCGB about the Royal Scots in June 2020! At my age that could be a bit dodgy....

Have a good day one and all.

Dave

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

25 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

There's nothing like having your life planned well ahead - I've just been booked to give a talk at the Bedford LCGB about the Royal Scots in June 2020! At my age that could be a bit dodgy....

I look forward to meeting you!  I'll be the one sitting in the front with a block of A4.

Chris

• Like 12
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Good news from Debs and hope the recovery continues apace. BBC Breakfast this morning was all about the D-Day celebrations. Best bit was when  the presenter asked one of the veterans about all the various bigwigs attending. His answer was "The bl@@dy politicians should have stayed away!" Well said sir!

• Like 6
  • Agree 10