The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:59, BoD said:

Nope, that didn't work.

Strangely enough, it has worked.  Two small wins did come along this month.

It has been a good while since I have had two in the same month.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

All posts have now been read and rated. 

I’ve got the place to myself for most of the day. I completed the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix to complete first thing this morning, all the shopping is now put away and I’m sat with muggertea No2. Whilst I was out, Sheila went for her monthly manicure. Later she’s off to meet up with some friends for a meal.

So whilst she’s out, I’ll make a cheesecake, ginger and rhubarb flavour for a change. 

Later on we’ve got James and Amelia coming round for tea again. Amelia is now back at school, so we’ve had to revert to Tuesday evening, as she has choir practice on Friday after school.

Back later 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Many years ago, I think Vickie was about 3 at the time, we had a couple of Mormons knock on the door. They were very insistent, but I was polite but firm, they were still waffling on when I shut the door.

Vickie, who was sat on the stairs, asked me “who they were?”

I just replied just a “oh, they were just couple of morons!” 

They were still stood on the doorstep and probably heard me. 

Funnily enough, we were never bothered by them again!

• Like 3
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

There are 3 men in the outer lab wearing white suits, rubber gloves and respirators, busy rerouting cabling  through the ceiling areas. I can hear an electric drill trying to punch a hole through the concrete. I got about 3 hour work done  before I was barred from my lab. The outer lab door is taped up with lots of hazardous substance notices up.

Just looked at next years tide table for the 3 Rivers race.. Low tide is about start time, that means 90% of boats will visit Hickling broad check point first.

You can tell I'm bored, sat out here with nothing to do, can't you..

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Afternoon all, I too hit the brick wall last night, so here's a bit of yesterday...……………….8 hours in the loft dismantling the old Great Central station, boy was it hot up there, I may have perspired a tad, all parallel bits of steel now lifted and most of the boards, I will never make that mistake again of just slapping stuff in and screwing it here there and everywhere and with no nails, a lot of sawing and gnasing of teeth, there might have been an oath or two as well.

Today was a day off from toil, so we went to a local Loch to see how the Great Crested Grebes were doing, tragedy, all the rain had lifted the water level and all 5 nests were drowned, we only found one pair with just one chick, another couple were trying to build another nest. As we were up early I may feel the need for some eye lid inspection shortly.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Afternoon all you groovy protoplasms. 

I feel for those who have put money into DJM today. Looks like the goldfish has flipped over and floated to the top of the tank. 

Although there do seem to be one or two who are hoping that it's only playing dead...………...

If it really has gone t!ts up then I guess I'm one of the relatively lucky ones who hasn't lost too much.

• Like 11
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 minute ago, newbryford said:

Although there do seem to be one or two who are hoping that it's only playing dead...………...

If it really has gone t!ts up then I guess I'm one of the relatively lucky ones who hasn't lost too much.

Interesting that my rather innocuous post that was quite conciliatory was nuked from that thread. Makes me wonder. 

• Like 7
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 2

52 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Afternoon all you groovy protoplasms. 

I feel for those who have put money into DJM today. Looks like the goldfish has flipped over and floated to the top of the tank. 

It must be costly visiting China for an undefined period.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AndrewC said:

The Hokey Cokey of Paris that was supposed to be 2 days of consulting turns out to be a 3 month onsite project that the management has said Baise-les tous as I'm needed elsewhere on more profitable work. 

Did you suggest commuting from Ebbsfleet to Paris?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 8

4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Snow in Queensland!

Snow in Stanthorpe is very infrequent but not particularly unusual. This is the one place in Queensland where it happens from time to time.

It is the heart of what locals call the granite belt.  Elevations here are higher (811m) and the record low temperature for June is -10.6°C. It is an agricultural area that grows stone fruits (apricots and peaches) and the like that don't otherwise grow well in the subtropics.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 10

Chewsday all...

Productive committee meeting last night and most of our proposals for the new approach to ticket sales were well received. :good:

20 and sunny first things, headed for 31 and high humidity, a/c WILL be in action today.

That's all folks...

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Last night the weekly meeting of the OFMC was equally split  with both 4 mm and 7 mm scale working parties.

The former made a mess, and the latter even more so,

We also discovered a rather severe step between track levels on the crossover that bridges a baseboard joint.

I have spent part of the afternoon with various bits of materiel, packing up various rails, and now all is well.  I just have to replace a rail chair and apply some paint to make good.

The other part of the afternoon was spent on shopping errands for the Obergrumpenfuhrer, and taking my air gun charging cylinder for it's 3 yearly pressure test.  Whilst in Wellington, (Telf Central's street of charity shops and cash converter emporiums) I forced my self to undergo the horror of a haircut.

Both my head and wallet are now somewhat lighter.

This evening, the Obergrumpenfuhrer is out with her Rangers so I will be having another impromptu session of the OFMC where we will finish off the track packing and leveling and do a bit more towards the prettification of the boards.  I have found that this takes much, much longer than getting everything down and working.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Nothing much done on the young lads layout today, too wet outside and not enough room inside. I have checked my measurements and marked out where holes are to be drilled. I have also been perusing E-bay for a few more items. I am considering going into Southend tomorrow to watch the Daks fly over but that depends on the weather. Dinner to be prepared, be back later. 

• Like 14
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Oooerr, seem to have missed a few days.  And whatever happened to DJM, I'm scared to go over there to look!

Rain gave up yesterday so had some racing, and a ride out ourselves.  This was most pleasant but today has been a total washout again.  I don't think we have ever had such bad weather for the racing.

Tomorrow is more hopeful, fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, AndrewC said:

Interesting that my rather innocuous post that was quite conciliatory was nuked from that thread. Makes me wonder. 

How long before thar particular topic starts going round in circles and disappears up it’s own proverbial, as topics like that inevitably seem to do?

• Like 3
  • Agree 11