The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, roundhouse said:

Shed roof completed. Phew its hot out there.

Even used a few offcuts of roofing on the old timber shed despite the felt being new last year, these corrugated sheets will last far longer.

Time for some rest before the next phase.

That's the thing with us modellers, we're damned good at recycling 

• Like 5
  • Agree 13

• RMweb Gold

Well teh rain showers arrived a bit late to avoid the G/J words so i resorted to strike action instead - on a sort of knee stopped play basis.

In the meanwhile we hear via 'social meedja' that the Good Doctor departed Chisinau for a day trip to the Republic of Transnistria = which photographs  rather well judging by her post.   For those not in the know a modern version of an atlas would be needed in order to track her course (or t'internet).

Enjoy your evening one and all.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Evening All 

I still have Herightasre  :girldevil: and it has gone out with one of the daughters this evening so a let up in the evil eye, it's all becoming very childish I guess at least another week

to go even my friend Steve was also collateral damage in the fallout time.

Mike is Knowl Hill on Saturday worth a visit I think I can manage local venues at the moment and there is a café a few doors down.

I managed the journey to Paul's Friday to get a wagon kit and some coupling block mounts.

Enjoy your evening :superman: C.H.Eesedoff

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Couldn't get out of my drive this lunchtime, and the street was blocked because of one badly parked car. After half an hour of trying to locate the owner it turned out she was standing a few yards away conversing with her companions with a full view of the carnage she was causing. She and her companions were leafleting for a church of all things. The weather forecast for the next few days is dry so I hope to get on with the lads layout. Dinner to be got ready so I'll be back later.

• Friendly/supportive 16

Evening all, anniversary wishes to Jamie and Beth, we hit that number next year, that's going to cost me...……………...

Funny old day again, it was raining in the morning, so I vanished into the loft to begin the dismantling of the old layout, it was 4.30 when I came down and when you look, it doesn't look like I've done much. All rolling stock is in boxes, some even in the right boxes and a fair bit of track has been lifted and cleaned of ballast, now either I watered down the pva too much or I have found an easy way to do the job, even recovered most of the ballast...……..well I live in Scotland so I've adopted the "grippit" desire to re cycle everything lol. Rain is forecast for most of the coming week, so plan to spend most of tomorrow doing more track lifting, when I think how much fun I had laying it, seems a bit sad lifting it, especially when I consider I am repeating history only in a smaller scale.

G'night all.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

Belated happy anniversary to Jamie and Beth (@ the third try at posting!)

Sleep well awl from a windy north West Leeds Highlands 

Baz

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 81C said:

Evening All 

I still have Herightasre  :girldevil: and it has gone out with one of the daughters this evening so a let up in the evil eye, it's all becoming very childish I guess at least another week

to go even my friend Steve was also collateral damage in the fallout time.

Mike is Knowl Hill on Saturday worth a visit I think I can manage local venues at the moment and there is a café a few doors down.

I managed the journey to Paul's Friday to get a wagon kit and some coupling block mounts.

Enjoy your evening :superman: C.H.Eesedoff

It's quite a small hall Bob but past shows haven't been too bad although restricted in content due to lack of space - and it's a bit of a s*d for parking if you aren't there early or get in after the first lot have gone.  But it's organised by the Maidenhead cliub and they usually do a good job on shows.  Judging by the name of the trader I doubt if you'll find any bargains.   As far as Flic's Cafe is concerned I'm not sure if it's open but the website indicates that it is - it was closed at one time last year.  But if it's open and if it's as good as it used to be you'll get a very good breakfast there, and Flic is something of a hoot.

My current aim for Saturday is Jerry's show in Warminster but I haven't sussed out the trains as yet and i don't fancy driving there so i might yet finish up at Knowle Hill if the train times aren't too good.

1 hour ago, lightengine said:

Just heard a local blackbird mimic a few notes of a car alarm.  Upon Googling such a thing it seems it is not the only one.

We have one round here who does a really good impression of a mobile 'phone ringing.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

The weather has been rather dismal all day, a very fine light rain for the most part, the sun finally showing itself just after 6:00 this evening. 

Well, despite spending most of the day in the workshop, I’ve not really done an awful lot of modelling done today, apart from thinning down the plasticard roof extensions. After that I decided that I needed sort out a lot of small containers which I seem to have dotted all about the place. Each one contained various screws, nuts, washers, gears, off cuts of brass, plasticatd etc. So I sorted these out, emptying several and giving myself quite a bit more space in which to work. Amongst the bits I came across a box with some wagon kits in, one of which was half complete. So after I’d finished my tidying up session, I decided to carry on with it. I managed to solder up most of the large bits, leaving just the brake gear and buffers left to do, I’ll do that next weekend. I quite enjoyed building that kit, (SEF SR match trucks) it was something a little different and a fairly straightforward build. The fit of the parts was very good, with just the odd bit of flash needed removing.

Goodnight all 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Happy anniversary to the newlyweds.

We ended up at a train shop today. Couldn't get up to $100 to get the 15% discount but had my regular cash bonus. SWMBO bought a Lionel gold bullion car and a print of a loco we had trips behind while courting. I splurged on a point motor (literally motor) by Rapido.

Also visited the British grocer wholesale -- various things I can't identify and a big bottle of real Fairy liquid. 

• Like 18