The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Looking through my collection of off cuts I found a piece of 9 mm ply that will provide the ends of the layout, that will save a few pennies. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

We had the air conditioner replaced today.  From a 9:30 arrival to about a 2:30 departure. They managed to reuse the pipes and wires from the previous unit so the ceiling in the railway room remained intact.

Over at 5:00 to set up chairs for a concert. Except that they were already set up by the previous group. Concert was 2 Brahms works arranged for piano and 5 winds. 

Our doors are covered with mosquitoes -- don't know why. SWMBO makes us use the garage door, but even that gets some.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well it isn’t raining at the moment, but by the looking at how wet the ground looks, I think it rained quite a bit during the night. 

Breakfast has been consumed and I’m now just waiting for Sheila to finish hers and then get herself ready for her Zumba class. Once she’s left, I’ll mix my first batch of waterproofing solution and make a start applying it to the walls, the instructions recommend applying 2 coats and leaving at least 24 hours between coats, so I’ll put the second coat on on Monday, leaving the weekend free for the workshop. 

Back later

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

AndrewC -  thanks for that information, especially that external DVD drivers can be readily attached.  NAS I will have to look up as it currently means nothing to me.  My other current external hard drives work, as far as I know, on both Mac and PC since they are even older than the Mac.  I do have a collection of now unused internal hard drives from former computers as I remove them before recycling the rest ... the information on those is now probably of little use now as probably are my still stored 'floppy' discs.

Cheers, Peter BB

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 7

19 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

AndrewC -  thanks for that information, especially that external DVD drivers can be readily attached.  NAS I will have to look up as it currently means nothing to me.  My other current external hard drives work, as far as I know, on both Mac and PC since they are even older than the Mac.  I do have a collection of now unused internal hard drives from former computers as I remove them before recycling the rest ... the information on those is now probably of little use now as probably are my still stored 'floppy' discs.

Cheers, Peter BB

Apologies for calling you Bob. For some reason I thought the original post was from GDB. That’s what I get for skimming the forum on my phone before coffee. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

Morning from a very soggy NE Scotland, apart from a taxi run for SWMBO into Montrose, a quiet day should ensue, more work required in TOSH to prepare for installation of base for m*de!!ing purposes, still not sure about insulation though. I went hunting on you tube and stumbled on a vid from the manufacturers of said Summerhouse and they advise against insulating, so heating may be installed instead.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

My parents were very happy at their photos with the 4th generation, In about 6 years time they could be with the 5th... As the oldest of the 4th is about to leave primary school.

Insulation is not just for keeping heat in  but for keeping the heat out in summer as well, it could get very expensive heating and cooling a shed without insulation..

• Like 13
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Sun is shining but a bit muggy here ATM. Nearly panicked this morning as I hadn't put the rubbish bags out until I realised that the bin wagons dawn chorus would be a day late due to the bank holiday, I'd better get them sorted while I remember. I've been examining my stack of round tuits, its getting rather high so I'll have to start doing something about it (thats another round tuit on the stack). Tea is drunk so its be back later.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 6

Greetings from LBG where the sun is battling the clouds.

For some reason this week seems to be longer than a normal week, despite the bank holiday.

Still I can always call up the world cup cricket score  to entertain me!

Best wishes to those who have suffered loss in the last few days, and I hope those that are ailing recover.

Have a good day all

• Like 17
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

We are sitting in the garden. There are fluffy white clouds but the sun is nice and shiny still here. It is breezy but the garden is quite sheltered. 

Lunch will be simple, bread and cheese, however I am sure it will be nice bread and cheese. 

Tony 

• Like 17

Happy to report that I've received by email ( to my email, my first and last name) a receipt for an iPad pro for S$2,400. Unfortunately I'm not in receipt of said iPad but then I didn't pay for it either ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

46 minutes ago, AndyID said:

Happy to report that I've received by email ( to my email, my first and last name) a receipt for an iPad pro for S$2,400. Unfortunately I'm not in receipt of said iPad but then I didn't pay for it either ;)

Some years ago *someone* gained access to my credit card particulars. The first thing they purchased was an iPad for around $2,000. The fraud protection stepped in at that point.

Curiously my caller ID at home has "Apple" trying to call me at random hours. I don't have any messaging enabled at home on my landline. I did answer a call and there was a sketchy sounding message about my iTunes account (I don't have one). I can't tell if this was real or a scam.

• Friendly/supportive 17