The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I don't seem to have done anything today, unless you call getting up to date on my Farcebook groups doing anything. Whoever thought up the new layout is an idiot, thats assuming any thought process was involved. As I mentioned they now list ones groups in a narrow column on the left. You can only page down about a dozen groups before 'more groups' pops up which you have to click on to get the next dozen or so groups. Now here's the rub. Every time someone posts on one of your groups an information panel pops up, right over the 'more groups' button. Several times a notification has popped up as I'm clicking on the more groups button and I find myself looking at a group that I wasn't intending at that time.

8 hours ago, bbishop said:

Team,

Are there enough of us at Railex this Sunday, to have an ER meet?  Chris and I will be there, so THE TIE and a yellow hi-viz will be flaunted.  Richard (HH) - this is an excellent show, so if you are in the vicinity and can obtain a pass-out for good behaviour .....

Bill

Regrettably I will not be there despite having two free tickets for the show. I don't want to see them going to waste so I will be offering them at my club on Wednesday evening and if theres no takers at the SEERS meeting Thursday. I won't want anything for them but I'll ask for a donation to be made to the Market Deeping club.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

(The reply editor is still suggesting text from about Easter.)

This is one of our national holidays -- Queen Victoria's Birthday or nearest preceding Monday.

The 24th of May

is the Queen's birthday

and if you don't give us a holiday

We'll all run away.

It is a very useful holiday as it marks what should be safe gardening weather for the summer.  It has been retained as the current monarch's official Canadian birthday. Next Friday would be Victoria's 200th birthday -- I've only seen one small mention of that.  No fireworks tonight, but there were some behind us last night -- not visible but audible.

We went to see a play of The Neverending Story today. Neither of us has read the book, although I've seen it in stores. Interesting presentation (second preview, so I shouldn't say anything about it) using a lot of puppets. 

Edited by BR60103
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Muggertea 1 downed and ERs digested. Compare to the tales above, my yesterday was nothing. I spent a while rigging solar powered lights around our patio, erecting more trellis (although I slipped and crushed one or two of HRH’s apparently favourite plants). Lunch passed with ???, must be a diet! Afternoon was spent erecting daughter’s new gazebo - bl@@dy hell, big, complex and flimsy. To give you an idea, it covers an area bigger than my model railway and could easily accommodate a family of five - perhaps she is considering ejecting her kids?

Today will see further erecting as there is a structural roof to complete, a stroll to see our visiting fishmonger and even a trip out to take No1 grandchild to his golf lesson. Tomorrow I plan to cut grass at our previous residence whilst SWMBO does much conversing with her hairdresser and daughter who is also being re-barnetted concurrently - think Sybil from Faulty Towers :derisive:. Must also “flash up” the two-wheeled steed as it needs a new certificate of roadworthiness, as does my normal chariot, which is booked in for a Thursday. 

Clearly I shall need a little rest before Stoke Mandeville on a Saturday. How in heaven did I ever find time to work?

Edited by Kingzance
Typo
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Kingzance said:

Clearly I shall need a little rest before Stoke Mandeville on a Saturday. How in heaven did I ever find time to work?

I wonder about that too and sometimes think I must have just imagined it as there can't have been enough time!

Dave

• Like 8
  • Agree 7

2 hours ago, chrisf said:

Good morning one and all

By one of those mysterious processes, there is a pile of ironing that needs doing.  My lack of enthusiasm for the task will be evident.  Some gardening remains.  There I may derive some fiendish pleasure by ripping out the last of the nettles, or what will be the last until the wretched things start growing again - usually as soon as my back is turned.  Yesterday I made some modest preparations for a bout of m*d*ll*ng by purchasing two clear plastic boxes into which the components for the next project have been placed ready for the great day when I actually do something with them.  It is no secret that the issue is one of confidence.  As regards day to day confidence, my counsellor was extremely helpful and effective but even she had no luck with the m*d*ll*ng side.  The solution is not obvious.

Yesterday was aso one of those days when the frustrations of general practice became evident.  For the third time I tried to book an appointment for my next hormone injection, the cornerstone of my cancer treatment.  This time my attempt was succesful.  I have the jabs every twelve weeks but let it not be thought that the surgery has the interests of the patients uppermost.  Where I used to be able to book the repeat appointment on the day, the necessary bit of the system is now not opened up until much nearer the date desired, in this case not quite six weeks.   The reason I was given this time is that there are more and more patients seeking appointments.  I'm not sure I follow the logic.  The practice with which I am registered is one of three in a group.  Rather than a walk of little more than five minutes to get my jab, I must now get the car out and drive across town to the branch surgery, where at least there is somewhere to park.  My appointment is too early - 9.20 am - to use my bus pass.  When the nurse was based at the local surgery I could have had my jab and been out of there by just after 8 am.  Let us see what happens next time I need to see a doctor.  I half expect to be told that I should have put my name down at birth.   Eton it ain't.

Best wishes to all

Chris 

I remember the happy days when I had my annual cheakup and flu jab and booked the next one on the way out, nowadays they can only book about 5 weeks  ahead. Progress or what!

Mornin awl 

• Like 6
  • Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1