The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Good morning.

Sunny here, not that warm but quite pleasant. The trek to the pavement to deposit the bin bag wasn’t too arduous.  

I don't think I have any specific plans other than putting the final crates of model railway stuff back in the garage. 

Have a good day. 

Tony

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Watching a economics bit on TV and the experts are generally saying with or without Trump, with or without Brexit, we are coming up to another economic crash. As we do every 10 years or so. The fact that we are approaching what is called full employment, no matter how poor some of the jobs are, is usually a sign of increasing wages for a short period, which appears to have started, a squeeze therefore on companies profits... and then it all goes pear shaped. 

I suspect that you are right Q - Not wanting to be overly negative, but I think we are heading for a very rocky period worldwide.

We haven't really recovered from the last economic crash, and the usual method during times of economic downturn is to decrease interest rates.  That's effectively no longer possible without going into negative territory which will encourage people to be even less fiscally responsible.

Not a good combination if you ask me.

Edited by Robert
  • Like 5
  • Agree 12

• RMweb Premium

A cricket umpiring day and...it is sunny and not too cold...I must be dreaming!

Mugatea time then.....

Have a good day everyone 

Baz

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

From yet another sunny area of the country. Breakfast has now been consumed and I will shortly head back down to the cellar to carry on with the plasterboard work. 

I forgot to mention last last night that my order from Langley arrived yesterday and is currently sitting on my workbench in the workshop awaiting building, but that will have to wait until weekend. 

Enjoy the sunshine.

Back later

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. As reported bright and sunny this morning and the bees are already swarming over the Ceanothus (California lilac) just outside the patio doors. At least three varieties of bee, bumble, honey and one other that I'm not sure of. Sorting out some more stuff for the lads layout, found a small building suitable for a station and a few other bits. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

The sun is shining, the rubbish bin was emptied before the sparrows got noisy,  the lad is enofficed in the dining room, herself is off for a pedicure, and most important of all I must not forget that a packet of bacon reaches its expiry or whatever it is date today.  So you can guess what I will be doing before I'm much older.

Then I have no doubt that the g word will be voiced loudly once again, and again, and again .......

Have a good day one and all.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Went on to MY SAGA to print out my policy schedule  so I can get the windscreen replacement, click on appropriate page...

PANIC!!!

Only has  the advert for purchasing policy, Have I been driving for 3 months with no insurance???. take number, make the adventure of using the company skype phone through the computer..

First attempt fails,

Second attempt get through,  get through the usual "this is being recorded" etc

Get through to man... name address surname etc..

I give the problem he says "you've  had this years policy since... oh err".. much clicking in the back ground...

" Ah March the 14th,  RELIEF...So ask where the policy schedule is he says "do you want me to send the link" I say yes( I won't see that till tonight when I get home). Then after a few GPDR questions because they haven't got me down has having GPDR explained to me that the end of the call..

I imediately go back on MY SAGA and the advert has gone from my pages on their site though the Schedule not there yet, I suspect someone their end hadn't updated my file on the renewal....

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TheQ said:

Went on to MY SAGA to print out my policy schedule  so I can get the windscreen replacement, click on appropriate page...

PANIC!!!

Only has  the advert for purchasing policy, Have I been driving for 3 months with no insurance???. take number, make the adventure of using the company skype phone through the computer..

First attempt fails,

Second attempt get through,  get through the usual "this is being recorded" etc

Get through to man... name address surname etc..

I give the problem he says "you've  had this years policy since... oh err".. much clicking in the back ground...

" Ah March the 14th,  RELIEF...So ask where the policy schedule is he says "do you want me to send the link" I say yes( I won't see that till tonight when I get home). Then after a few GPDR questions because they haven't got me down has having GPDR explained to me that the end of the call..

I imediately go back on MY SAGA and the advert has gone from my pages on their site though the Schedule not there yet, I suspect someone their end hadn't updated my file on the renewal....

It is always worth checking the government’s askMid site to check if your vehicle is recorded as insured.  I always do this on renewal to make sure my insurance company has updated the policy and database.  I believe this is the database that the police use for checks.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Gold

I am varying my tasks today. I am not just putting stuff back in the garage I trying to rationalise it, scenic stuff, electronics, and so on. In between I am updating various devices anti virus software. All of the licences run out on the same day. 

Aditi said when she finishes her tasks she is going to sit in the garden. I may join her. 

Snoring. I know I do sometimes as Aditi will tell me. As she isn’t exactly a light sleeper it must have been loud. She used to snore but it must perhaps have been an a feature of undiagnosed diabetes. However recently it was quite  amusing. She was snoring and woke herself up, probably an echo and insisted it was me. She did believe me.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, lightengine said:

Great to see the end of that cretinous show on tv. Utter provocation of many of the assembled victims.

Unfortunately they will just replace it with something equally cretinous... 

They Seemed almost eager to shut it down,  so it was probably on the way out anyway. 

Edited by TheQ
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I have just received my car insurance renewal notice so I assume I have been insured for the last 11 months, I've been paying in for it anyway. Club night tonight so its be back later.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Isn't Ian's car a Mondeo?  

It doesn’t look like the European Ford Fusion at all. It does look rather like a Mondeo. I mentioned to Aditi the other day that a Mondeo is a rare sight nowadays and was immediately overtaken by two in a few minutes. 

• Like 9
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

It's quite a popular car here, Tony.  Fiestas and Hyundai i30/i20 are probably the most popular though.

Parked on Peel quayside today, a V12 Aston and a very smart Maserati - didn't have my phone for a photo - joint value probably about what our house is worth!

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

We went to a garden centre yesterday. In the car park there were some displays by car dealerships, Maserati and BMW . We bought some tomato plants and some flowers. 

• Like 7
  • Funny 11