The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Fraggle Rock bakes in 18c shock......it's hot for here at this time of year! 

Our faux summer is over. After more than three weeks with no precipitation and weekend temperatures flirting with 32°C, normalcy has returned in the form of light rain showers and a high temperature flirting with 16°C. That has felt like an abrupt change.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I once didn't use Tesco that often I used to stroll down into town almost every day but now as I'm growing older the pins are not up to it. If I'm going to use the car Tesco's has the advantage of free parking, the parking fees in the town centre are extortionate and many of the stores have closed leaving it like a ghost town.

2 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Evening.

Fraggles wandering about semi-naked (not this one!) in case this IS summer.

TMI!

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6

48 minutes ago, Two_sugars said:

'Scuse me, Ian A. . . .you spoilt us last time you wus in New York so . . . . .wot car yer got this time?

John

Sadly, they had nothing but pedestrian carp so this time I'm in a Ford Fusion...bad timing as I was beat out to the only muscle car by about 2 minutes :(

I do like the Fusion here, 2019 model so all the bells/whistles for those that use them, and I generally do, but it's no convertible Mustang :(

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 6

16 hours ago, chrisf said:

Of course, it’s not too early for me to think about what I should wear when I march in the parade at Pride In London on 6th July.  If anyone feels like chipping in any ideas, bear in mind that I will be right at the back of a very long procession.  All the stars like the Band of the Royal Marines, the Amazon float, all surviving Routemaster buses and Tom Daley will be long gone by the time the Individuals Group moves off, rather closer to dusk than I might have wished.

Chris

Chris,,

Just keep well away from those nasty buses!  Bill

• Like 2
  • Agree 11

• RMweb Gold

I have just been reading about the Canvey Island Monorail. I can’t think about monorails without recalling the Simpsons monorail episode. The Canvey version also involved money loss!

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I have just been reading about the Canvey Island Monorail. I can’t think about monorails without recalling the Simpsons monorail episode. The Canvey version also involved money loss!

Monorail, monorail, monorail................

• Like 6
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

This morning’s Sainsbury’s Grand Prix went without a hitch, in fact I was back home within an hour, there were a few bottles of our favourite wine at reduced prices, so the wine cellar was duly topped up. Once I’d put away all the shopping and had a muggertea I put my wetsuit outside on the washing line to dry. 

After dinner I made the carrot that had been requested for tomorrow night and whilst it was in the oven, I went outside and turned my wetsuit inside out, to give the inside a bit of an air. By early evening it was dry and I’m hoping to go to Salford Quays again on Thursday evening.

Goodnight all 

• Like 16

Morning All,

It is a nice bright morning in this part of the world.  Sunny, but still very cold.  It was down to 4°C this morning - which isn't unusual, but we haven't seen it in the last few years.

Time for a coffee!  Have a good day everyone...

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl Inner Temple Hare,

6 hours 40 minutes of solid sleep yippee. I enjoyed that. Although on opening my eyes there was a bit of panic as it was daylight, it was however 04:45 and just before dawn.

Nice picture reminding me of My schooldays from Gwiwr looking down river from Ness (Tomnahurich street)  Bridge about 500 yards from my old school.

In 18 days time we will be looking forward to dawn as during the 3 Rviers Race  it's much easier to count all the boats through when you can see them. Also of course it's starts getting warmer as the sun comes up Across Hicking broad .  This morning there is mist on the rivers and little wind, at the moment the forecast for the start on Saturday 1st June is north easterly (not good) 6mph (not enough) gusting 14 ( just about enough), Switching to southwesterly overnight 8mph (still not enough).

Watching a economics bit on TV and the experts are generally saying with or without Trump, with or without Brexit, we are coming up to another economic crash. As we do every 10 years or so. The fact that we are approaching what is called full employment, no matter how poor some of the jobs are, is usually a sign of increasing wages for a short period, which appears to have started, a squeeze therefore on companies profits... and then it all goes pear shaped.

Well, having mention temperature, I suppose i'd better wander down the lab and get on with testing that temperature meter..

But first,

Time to check the company spam..

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 16
  • Agree 2