The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I never knew the true meaning of "System Integrator" until today, in spite of many years working in the defence industry. 

I get it that one hospital needs the next of kind to pass on test results to the next. Or lack of.  But seriously. Is it needed between two colleagues on the same ward? 

Quite tired now - it's been a busy week.  

Edited by AndyB
  • Friendly/supportive 17

Evening all, had one of those days where pretty much anything I tried/planned to do failed and the last minute, "oh I'll do that" seemed to work perfectly, but no-one got hurt and the work of preparation for the new roof is still progressing, had a phone call delivery day is next Thursday, not quite a new shed build, but stage one of the new DCC parallel bits of metal project.

G'night all.

Edited by tigerburnie
  • Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Deleted..  Some stuff from a post from ages ago.. That the editor didn't clear. 

Evening awl,  just back from the MRC, 

Much landscaping Done, more to do. 

Some discussions on our club open day at Hoveton village hall,  26th May 10:30 - 15:30 

http://broadlandmodelrailwayclub.co.uk/club-open-day/

Heard a few seconds ago Ben being let out,  so hopefully I won't be getting up at 02:00.

the paint for the trailer was obtained.  B******y h*** hasn't paint gone up a lot recently  £42 for 2.5 litre!!!  I'm dreading what marine paint will cost later this year.. 

time for some liquid anaesthetic from the Orkneys..

good night Awl.. 

Edited by TheQ
  • Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well I opened my mouth a bit to soon this morning, as when I went out it was starting to rain, thankfully by the time I’d got home, it had stopped and the sun was trying to show itself. However, that didn’t last long, because as we were eating dinner, it started to rain and by mid afternoon it was really chuckinitdarn. It then continued to rain on and off for the rest of the day. 

Whilst I was out this morning I called at the big orange DIY shed for some supplies. I then called at Asda some some bits and pieces we can’t get at Sainsbury’s, then Costco to put fuel in the car, then to M&S to pick up a click and collect order and finally the butchers, I was out less than 2 hours!

I also had a little bit of good news this morning, just after I’d got home the postman delivered a letter informing me that I’ve won £25 on the premium bonds, that’s the second month in a row!

Laurence. I’m sorry to hear about the black dog making an appearance, I do hope you are able to kennel him soon. 

Goodnight all. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

One thing to sort out though is the young man insists on there being a tunnel.

As is proper for a young man's layout. Where does he stand on the subject of buses on bridges (or at the very least waving children)?

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 1
  • Funny 12

All this talk of rain - I've largely forgotten what it is. Normally Mother's Day (this Sunday in the US) falls on a damp and dreary day. Like many recent days, this one will be dry, sunny and hot.  Our last precipitation (more than 0.01") was on April 19th. It feels like late July right now - presently 30°C, if my telephone is to be believed. My car was very hot at 1:00pm, having it parked in the morning sun. It may be delightful weather, but it feels wrong.

I turned on the irrigation some days ago and this morning decided to set the thermostat to the cool cycle. Evenings are pleasant and opening windows at night has been sufficient to get to a comfortable enough ambient temperature for sleeping. I don't know if that can happen tonight without mechanical assistance.

The AC runs on a profile (warmer during the day and cooler in the evening while I am home). I expect the AC will be running at times during the day.  It may seem wasteful to cool the house when I am gone but I am convinced that keeping it a relatively stable temperature is more energy efficient than having the AC have to run flat out after I return home.

The house is very well insulated and it takes a lot to shift the thermal mass - one of the challenges of reducing the temperature in the evenings even with a substantial temperature differential (inside to outside) and cross-ventilation. I wanted to install a whole house fan to exchange the air without using the energy required for a compressor, but the builder did not want to do that - he got credit for building "Energy Star" rated homes - that are basically airtight. He was very proud of his 'score' building my home.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

Almost time to leave the efficient, cheap and clean public transport system in Hamburg and experience something much less so as we get home from Gatport Airwick, although the Thameslink service that got us to GWA was not bad even if the seating was somewhat uncomfortable. Must fly (groan admitted!).

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

8 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

John, if that is Leicester Tigers Rugby you're referring to their next home match is next Saturday however Leinster are showing as the home fixture v Saracens today but that match is in Newcastle.

A grey start to the day with sunny spells, scattered showers and the possibility of hail and thunder all on the agenda.

I will be "shedding" this morning and watching the aforementioned rugby match later this afternoon.

Laurence and Andy, put those dogs in the kennel where they belong!

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, 

3 hours sleep,  short break, 3 hours sleep, I could have done with more, but Ben the border collie wanted out. 

It's overcast but dry out there.. 

Break fast will be taken shortly,  then out to the tin shed,  trailer hard top building time. 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, bbishop said:

Morning awl,

Off to Lord's for a "training day" then to the Albert Hall to scrape up what's left of the Proms tickets.

Bill

Could one say “chuffin-ell” to that?

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A quick hello as I'm off to visit two exhibitions today.

7 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

As is proper for a young man's layout. Where does he stand on the subject of buses on bridges (or at the very least waving children)?

A bridge isn't planned but I'm thinking of a quarry. 

• Like 13