The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

BIN day...'ello, 'ello

BINs placed, NOT exactly happy about the turn the weather has taken, only +1 when the BINs when out :(

Another quiet day yesterday, today much of the same.

Later an early evening "happy hour" meeting with the folks whose job we've taken over for our fund-raising committee. They've some additional information that may be of use. After many years doing the job they decided it was time to take a rest.

As noted +1 and drizzle first thing, maybe make 9 later - what happened to Spring?!?!?

Enjoy the day.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 11

5 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

I'm six foot four tall and used to drink in an old pub in Blaby that had beams on the ceilings, they all had names, funnily enough it was the same one, began with a "B" and finished with a "D".

Brad?

;)

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

I'm six foot four tall .......

Ah, someone else of normal stature. Isn't it a shame that the built environment has been designed in general by short sorry Q, persons of another stature?

Dave

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

39 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Ah, someone else of "normal" stature.

Dave

It all hangs on your definition of 'normal' :jester:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Isn't it a shame that the built environment has been designed in general by short sorry Q, persons of another stature?

Dave

Once I woz 6’2”, now I have been ground down to 5’11” - the joys of marriage! ;-)

• Agree 2
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

Someone whose line of sight to the horizon over a calm sea is at least 2.9 miles :P

Dave

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Funny 2

6 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Someone whose line of sight to the horizon over a calm sea is at least 2.9 miles :P

Dave

Ah, but how do you know it's 2.9 miles?

• Agree 3
  • Funny 8

1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

Ah, someone else of normal stature. Isn't it a shame that the built environment has been designed in general by short sorry Q, persons of another stature?

Dave

My nephew is 7'2".  A one off!

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Thanks for the information about DB, it was all over the news this evening. My thoughts on it are 'What a pillock.' I cant see him being employed on the radio again. Now kettles on so its be back later.

• Like 14

48 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Thanks for the information about DB, it was all over the news this evening. My thoughts on it are 'What a pillock.' I cant see him being employed on the radio again. Now kettles on so its be back later.

Yes, more what a prat than the man’s a racist.

• Like 4
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

Today's section of the mystery tour was along the Solway Firth and back to Dumfries via the Galloway Forest Park. Highlights we're feeding red deer and bullfinches that we're so tame they would take crumbs from the picnic table at which we were sitting. Tomorrow it's back home with another, brief, stop at friends' place in Culgaith then off to Derby on Saturday morning for the Midland 175 and possibly a visit across the railway to the model exhibition, maybe even seeing a few ERs at one or both.

Quite agree with the recent comments on DB.

Have a peaceful night everyone, wherever you are.

Dave

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, JohnDMJ said:

Yes, when I go to the hospital, although my blood test results are not “normal” they are normal for me. 

I think “normal” was used for perpendicular when I did geometrical and engineering drawing at school. I may be wrong I didn’t get a good grade.  

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

We’ve had rain for most of the day, it started quite heavily around 10:00 but it lightened up just before dinner. It stopped for some short spells during the afternoon, but always started up again, it finally stopped sometime after 7:00 this evening. 

Anyway, back to today, more progress has been made in the cellar today, not only have I managed to get all the ceiling panels up, I’ve also made a start on cladding the wall beside the upstairs door. Disappointingly, I couldn’t fit the last two ceiling panels as a single units, both needed to be cut in two. I half expected to do this to the panel that was going up under the stairs, but I also had to split the one above the stairs too, it was just too big and unwieldy to manage on my own. To be honest, I don’t even think I’d have managed it even with assistance, the area in question is just too narrow an area to work in. It’s really starting to look a lot brighter down there now.

After tea I decided to do a bit of eyelid inspection for a few minutes. 90 minutes later, I came to the conclusion that my eyes are ok!

Goodnight all 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

John: I get the joke.  Now to see if I can use it...

I think Bernard Shaw claimed to have that unusual condition: "normal" eyesight.

Edited by BR60103
  • Like 8

Good morning one and all

Yesterday I said goodbye to Jim the butcher, one of the casualties of the decision by Tesco so-called management to close the fresh meat counters in their stores.  Apparently, now is the time to ‘drive the business forward’.  I don’t know about you but if you’re going to do that it’s not a good idea to select reverse gear. 

Later this morning I will hit the road, bound for Exeter Pride.  I still feel pretty bad at having to send my apologies to Flavio and the Brains Trust, who will be in conclave at what I hope is a convivial hostelry near London Bridge.  When I accepted the invitation I was convinced that I could attend both events, a mere 200 miles apart, but it soon became apparent that the logistics were against me.  So, Brains, have yourselves a fruitful day.  I’ll be thinking of you.  It is some small comfort to me that Exeter promises to be interesting for all the right reasons!    

Back on Monday.  Best wishes to all

Chris

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 6