The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, newbryford said:

And the real catch of the day. 57 years old and still running.

37057.jpg.4219be53065dc3b03cde837f706eca34.jpg

Can't they work out how to switch it off then .      :rolleyes:

• Funny 17

Good morning one and all

Some gardening did occur yesterday.  It was unplanned and not terribly successful, for I am shorter of stamina than I realised following the chest infection.  After forking out nettles and stuff for about half an hour I’d had enough and lay on my bed for longer than intended.  No wonder the list of jobs to be done is so long!  This does not augur well for marching at Exeter Pride on Saturday.  In another context I have been trying to understand how it is that exercise, such as a workout in the gym, can be good for the brain.  It was a waste of time asking my e-friend Harry, a gym regular, possibly because I did not understand the question that I was trying to ask.  I now need to be energised, whatever that means, as I have begun work on my next contribution to Bylines – not before time, remarks the editor.

It is a good job that not much happened in the world yesterday, or so we must assume, as everyone went ga-ga over the “woman has baby” story.  I know filling when I hear it.  How tedious it can be hearing the same stuff trotted out at far too frequent intervals by talking head after talking head.  Yes, I know: it’s my own silly fault for having the news channel on all afternoon but at least it’s background noise.

Today there will be a fodder run in the morning, a meeting in the evening and some ironing arising from the laundry which also occurred yesterday.  Who knows, the news channel may have found another obsession.

Best wishes to all

Chris

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry and there is some hazy sunshine.  It should be a fine day with some sunny spells.

Forgot to wish Bob bon voyage, I expect he's in Cuba by now.

S-Day plus 7 = E(Electrics)-Day. H-Hour scheduled for 08.30.

I changed my mind on my shed roof. Originally picked a Pent but changed to Apex when I realised how high the front would look as we only have a short (50ft) garden. Mine is just under the 2.5m height limit.

My knee has improved considerably overnight, still a bit painful but nothing like as bad as it was.Maybe I'll do the blinds today. :scratchhead::rolleyes:

Have a good one,

T.H. Inkingaboutit.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Once again the sun is shining and the sky is blue, but with a fair few clouds, there is a slight chance of rain today as well. I’ll soon be setting off to complete the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix, then an afternoon of light work, possibly in the workshop. Later this evening I will be visiting Salford Quays where I shall jump in and hopefully complete a few laps before getting out again and enjoying a hot shower. Yes open water swimming starts again tonight and all being well, I will be among the idiots swimmers enjoying the cold water. 

Back later

• Like 14
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Well, well well - two days running of a post here - wonders will never cease.

As usual, generic greetings are offered to the celebrating and the ailing,

Off to LASAR this morning, while 30747 is at work - the shop was closed yesterday, and there is a lot to do there, so a few hours should help them out.  Then, unexpectedly need to go into town, as my printer cartridges gave out unexpectedly yesterday, and I can't get them online quickly enough - my old printer used to print on until they fully expired - this one appears to give up the ghost completely as soon as it senses that the ink is running out - will note for future, as I just don't like paying Ryman's prices - I will order two packs online, then when the first is starting to run out, I will buy another, so that I am ahead of the game.

Back tomorrow - but maybe not, as I have my annual eye screening, AND my diabetic bloods on the same day.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Friendly/supportive 19

Morning all, cold today after a fair bit of overnight rain, fire is lit and greenhouse has been attended to, I also moderate a gardening magazine forum, so that has to be attended to as well, now the day is mine. I have just ordered all my new roofing for "The Old Summer House" (here in referred to as TOSH), quite excited as this is part one of the new modelling den, then I just realized it involves manual labour fitting the stuff...…..pah as someone else on here might say lol.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

I get a strong impression that the management has got a little list although fortunately she can't remember too much of what is on it - apart from mowing the 'lawn' and paying a bill.  No doubt 'tidying the dining room' and moving your stuff out of the spare room' will emerge at sometime in the coming week before I get chances to escape on Thursday and Friday.

Enjoy your day, I'm keeping my head down :)

• Like 7
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Late last night I remembered where I put the packet of track pins so I'll dig them out later. Chris, your not the only one feeling tired after a little exertion, its called getting old. Also your mentioning Bylines reminded me as this is just up their street. I have recently discovered a local narrow gauge industrial railway that started operations as recently as the early 80's but regrettably ceased operations in the mid 90's. It was worked by the Cherry Orchard brickworks near Southend, in fact it ran along between the western boundary of Southend airport and a road called Cherry Orchard Way and then turned 90 degrees across that road to the clay pits. The course of the line is still shown on my 2018 Essex A-Z map as an unmade road. I will be checking Google Earth later to see if anything is visible.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Where's the paracetamol?:scratchhead:

With the track pins?

The second village hamlet I pass through to go to work  three of the maybe twenty houses have at the moment no tiles on the roof and are surrounded by scaffolding..

Meanwhile in the main lab, there are 5 Black Mambas hanging from the ceiling...

Black Mambas are a brand of disposable vinyl glove, they are covering up the fire alarm sensors, because they are brazing up the new A/C as they've found a leak..

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Black Mambas are a brand of disposable vinyl glove, they are covering up the fire alarm sensors, because they are brazing up the new A/C as they've found a leak..

Oh no! not an invitation to tell stories about rubber gloves, Mrs Whitehouse will be turning in her grave. Nurse, the screens....

• Like 1
  • Funny 16