The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Kernow Guildford visited and apart from two tins of paint I came away without any new stock although a blue grey 4TC at a reduced price was tempting. Its a well stocked shop as expected and no doubt plenty of future visits will be made especially with two of the three nearby pubs being good.

After a good chat with Ben etc. on the Revolution stand we had an hour to wait before meeting other friends in the café down the road so it was into the pub opposite the café. Sheds were discussed aswell as railway modelling before heading home.

French doors ordered for the shed and windows sourced just a few miles away that can be collected even on Sunday so once the doors and timber arrive on Tuesday I am going to be rather busy.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

TV Cricket commentators are clueless in respect of the Laws of Cricket and also the ICC playing regulations..  just saying....

Baz

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

Forgot to mention that I did collect the new roller blinds for the shed but due to an acute attack of lazyitis  this afternoon I didn't get around to fitting them.  That will be first up tomorrow then.

I've also taken note of the favourable comments about Kernow's new emporium and must try to visit as it's only about 30/35 minutes away but that may have to wait for a couple of weeks or more. Just been advised that the replacement windows for the house will be coming week comm 20th May. It's all happening here.:imsohappy:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Plasterer/painter decorator finished...and paid.

Now to sort out some other bits then replace the furniture in the newly painted rooms.. Pah!

Baz

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I've also taken note of the favourable comments about Kernow's new emporium and must try to visit as it's only about 30/35 minutes away but that may have to wait for a couple of weeks or more.

We will be in St Ives for a week in June. 

Now how can I persuade Mrs Bod to visit Camborne?

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, BoD said:

Do what I done first time I went there start screaming at the sat-nav and pretend your lost.

Btw they do have frock shops in the same street so your boss can join in the retail therapy Her is fully trained in the finer thing in Cambourne

pasty shops, cafes and other food outlet park in Morrison at the end of the street and turn left. :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, BoD said:

I would say something like “There is a really nice model railway shop I would like to visit.”  

• Like 8
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold

3 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Here's a little tune for TB, Dave and KZ just to wind warm them up for tonight's rugby. Knowing the usual result when I do something like this it may even do you all a favour!  :banghead:

In fairness GDB, the Premiership would not be the same without our friends the Thai Girls, would it? As it stands, your one losing bonus point would be enough to sink The Falcons.

Edited by Kingzance
Cutting to the chase!
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Saturday may be a bit hazy. 

And I'm not referring to the weather.

I shall be going to watch the Thirsk Hunt Cup and I doubt that I will be able to say that later in the day..........

More later - maybe.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Here's a little tune for TB, Dave and KZ just to wind warm them up for tonight's rugby. Knowing the usual result when I do something like this it may even do you all a favour!  :banghead:

Quins were generous to a fault giving Tigers a losing bonus point :D, perhaps your crystal ball has been serviced GDB?

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, newbryford said:

I shall be going to watch the Thirsk Hunt Cup and I doubt that I will be able to say that later in the day..........

Now take your time Mick and repeat after me (hic)......

• Like 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Thanks a bunch Bob. Looks like your mojo needs a retune......:(

Good luck for tomorrow Gloucester!

Dave

Edited by Dave Hunt
  • Like 8

I couldn't bring myself to watch it, a LBP away is no shame, but it seems we were clueless for most of the game, pity we need to rely on someone else's mis-fortune rather than doing a proper job ourselves.

G'Night all

Edited by tigerburnie
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

Evening Awl,

On the way back from work I stopped  at the bank.. It was raining... Inside the bank,  on teller was on tills the rest were running round with buckets.. This was on the ground floor of a two story building... 

Just back from the MRC via the rallying course.  Aka The A179, they been chucking gravel at it and missing.  The tar they put down today didn't spread,  there are thin lines of tarred gravel across the carriageway with piles of gravel up to six inches deep elsewhere. In some places there is a trench down to shiny old tarmac between the piles of gravel. 

I got plastered at the MRC,  as Scarinish harbour rose from the sea of polystyrene.. 

Time to drink my choccy... 

Goodnight Awl. 

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

What it is to be a Leicester Tigers supporter. Although I'm more than thirty years past any sensible idea of playing rugby again, I think that I'd probably get a starting place at Welford Road these days. Are you available next season GDB?

Apart from that, I was a happy bunny today when a large pallet load of cut Russian birch ply was delivered,  even though I had to manhandle it bit by bit fifty yards down to the shed. Fortunately it wasn't raining. All I have to do now is turn it into baseboards and then make a toy train set. Sadly I can't start that process for another couple of weeks but it looks good stacked against the walls.

Have a good night everyone and remember to put your light sabres on charge for tomorrow.

Dave

Edited by Dave Hunt
  • Like 14
  • Funny 5

Night Awl.

Early start for me too tomorrow; a colleague and I are heading off to Lille for their second Trains Mania show. Hopefully, will touch base with kirtleypete of this parish who'll be there with Saltdean.

Depart around 06:00, arrive home around 21:30 with something close to 5 hours at the show.

8 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

... remember to put your light sabres on charge for tomorrow.

Dave

I'd better leave the light sabre at home; don't think I'll get it through border control!

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 14
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Visiting a couple of model railway emporiums tomorrow in preparation for building a layout for my friends young lad. Last week at the Romford show he acquired a Bachmann TTTE 'Skarlowy' 009 locomotive so we are going to build a small 009 layout for him to run it on. It will only be a small layout (100 X 50 cm) with a loop of track so it shouldn't take too long to knock up a baseboard.

4 hours ago, JohnDMJ said:

Are other names available? :jester:

We had a chap on the payroll by the name of Richard Head.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

Night Awl.

Early start for me too tomorrow; a colleague and I are heading off to Lille for their second Trains Mania show. Hopefully, will touch base with kirtleypete of this parish who'll be there with Saltdean.

Depart around 06:00, arrive home around 21:30 with something close to 5 hours at the show.

Have a good trip John and give Pete S my regards.

Dave

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

What it is to be a Leicester Tigers supporter. Although I'm more than thirty years past any sensible idea of playing rugby again, I think that I'd probably get a starting place at Welford Road these days. 

Dave, even Leicester Tigers wouldn’t sign me! Is Mr Murphy likely to remain at the helm? I did feel it was a huge jump up for him at the time.

Nite awl.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1