The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

It is treated with a (very) light brown preservative inside and out Bob and they've recommended doing it again in 3/4  months and I've got the stuff from them already.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Does anybody want a VHS video recorder?

I have just found two in the garage roof!

I know that they came from my late father's video editing suite, but have no idea how I came to have them.

One can only assume that they were placed in the roof by the PH.......................I can blame him as he is not here to defend himself.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

Evening each,

One happy bunny  GDB here.  :imsohappy:Shed up and completed by just after lunch and I am very pleased with the result. Just got to wait for Ricky the Sparks to do his magic next Tuesday and Wednesday and then I can start thinking about the next stage. However there is the (not so) small matter of a complete garden revamp as well.

Overall size of shed is 18'x 8' but there is a partition inside just under 8'x4' for garden tools etc leaving me just under 14' x 8' for "another purpose. " Also rather pleased that there was a surplus of the lining (9mm ply) I might just have a use for that!:whistle:   Can't wait to get started.

Some pics for your perusal:

image.png.796ef0e7070f9e6ba53e6737983ae5f7.png

DSCF3162.JPG

DSCF3163.JPG

DSCF3164.JPG

So will you be hosting next years SWAG area meeting GDB?

• Funny 11

• RMweb Gold

Not quite big enough premises KZ and in the wrong area. Having looked at the photos of Sunday's SWAG meeting I really wish I could have gone, maybe next year. I believe they let furriners in and as I have Cornish ancestors I should be OK anyway.

Currently sitting in the conservatory with my 3rd pint admiring a "new build."

:drinks:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Facebook seems to have made changes that make it more difficult if not impossible to keep a check on ones groups. In fact the group listing has disappeared altogether to be replaced with a list of recommended groups. It was bad enough when they put them in sh1t order but now I can't see my groups in any order.

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

The only VHS tape I've got that I'd want to keep is a short clip of me pulling 7g on the centrifuge. Would like to show the kids some day.

The slight problem is I've no idea which one of the dozens of old tapes it is on. And no way of playing them all back. Hey-ho.

GDB is the shed insulated? Loops like it is with a skim of ply on the inside?

Greenhouse is starting to fill up with this year's crop of veg. and herbs. 

• Like 16

29 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Facebook seems to have made changes that make it more difficult if not impossible to keep a check on ones groups. In fact the group listing has disappeared altogether to be replaced with a list of recommended groups. It was bad enough when they put them in sh1t order but now I can't see my groups in any order.

I can - I had to wait for them to come up on the sidebar.

But I agree, it's carp.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

3 hours ago, 81C said:

Two rails fixed today I was going great guns whet the bloody slitting disc grabbed the rail and things started flailing around I've now got 5 welts on my

stomach and a very bent arbor

Enjoy.:superman: W.Ounded.

Nothing worse than a few welts on the stomach and a bent arbor! ;)

What metal were the rails? Sounds like the slitting disc may have clogged?

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

As predicted this morning, a take a trip to Waitrose was mentioned today, but thankfully both the Sainsbury’s and Waitrose Grand Prix's were completed before dinner. I did Sainsbury’s on my own and was accompanied on the Waitrose trip. However, it didn’t end there, after dinner we went to Costco too, but to be fair, it got it all done in the one day, which means we don’t have to do anymore, well, not until the end of the week. Of course, all this shopping activity has meant that there has been no work done on making stand No 4 or in the cellar, but such is life. 

GDB. Nice shed!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

I can - I had to wait for them to come up on the sidebar.

But I agree, it's carp.

I found the sidebar, eventually. Whatever happened to 'If it aint broke don't fix it'? And with that, goodnight all.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7

5 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Does anybody want a VHS video recorder?

Swap you for a Nikon SLR in perfect nick. Bought just before digital photography made it completely redundant.

Anyone still got a Betamax, or are you too embarrassed to own-up?

Edited by AndyID
  • Like 4
  • Funny 13

Spent the afternoon rolling DAS and (hopefully) glueing it onto the plaster bandaged polystyrene bridge that I made some time ago.  After getting it all in place and smoothed out I decided to scribe it whilst wet. It went quite well although a stone mason might be critical of my style of stonework.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl < inner Temple Hare,

A good nights sleep although only six hours, I was absolutely Knackered yesterday when I got home from work, even though I wasn't doing anything strenuous mentally or physically..

The new temporary traffic lights outside the Cremated Swan turn out to be for a new  fibre optic BT cabinet. it being situated on the outside of a 90 degree corner only about 5ft in from the road edge I wonder how long that will survive,..

Fist and Mog all the way into day and at one point I had to turn the car heating up as went went through some sort of definate cold Spot.

The first run of this weeks major equipent has gone reasonably well, just one section failed first time, I'll be investigating the results shortly and then seeing which exact bit needs a rerun.

Time to... check the company spam...

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Good Morning all!

I hope the First of May has been suitably danced and sung 8n Chris!

Fatchy Pog here at the moment.  My game today starts at 1:30 apparently.  It lasts a maximum of of two hours and forty five minutes. Should be home in time to get down the model railway society  tonight.

Have a great day and especial thoughts to all who ail.

Baz

• Like 16